The View: Pick Your Dream Cast!

Did we forget any of your picks for dream View replacement hosts? Click here and share your casting ideas in the comments!

Whoopi Goldberg may have an Oscar, a Tony, a Grammy and a (Daytime) Emmy, but it’s hard to make the case that she could handle hosting The View all by her lonesome. (Who, exactly, would interrupt her every 10 seconds during “Hot Topics”?)

RELATED The View: 13 Nightmare Replacement Hosts

And yet with Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy announcing their exits last week, Whoopi stands as the show’s sole remaining panelist heading into Season 18.

So who should join Ms. Goldberg at the Barbara Walters Memorial Table? We want your input! And to that end, we’ve created polls for five different categories of talking heads: The Outrageous Funny Lady; The Veteran Newswoman; The Working Mom; The Conservative Voice; and The Wild Card.

Check out our gallery via the blue button beneath the photo or by clicking HERE, then vote for the nominees you like best. And when you’re done, come back to the comments section and let us know if we egregiously snubbed any of your faves!

1. Commenter says:

For the working mom – good choices – but I think Sarah Michelle Gellar would be a far more interesting choice.

• Oooo yeah SMG or Kirsten Bell

• M3rc Nate says:

Though im not a fan of the actress who has done nothing but act on sets and is typical LA liberal….I do like Kristen Bell and how she seems pretty smart, vocal, politically minded, and her stance on Paparazzi taking pics of kids im right on with…so i wouldnt mind K-Bell on at all, but i think its beneath her if the other cast isnt seriously chosen, if its reality stars and blank personalities (Mario Lopez) and others who just stir up controversy and yell loudly. I also think she probably has better things to do….unless she wanted a steady easy job that has standard hours so she could be with her new kid (and shes pregnant again)…then after 2-3 years when she wants to be in a movie or on a tv show, quit and move on.

• Ally Oop says:

I like Kristen Bell but I think her acting career is too hot right now.And as for Mario Lopez, I don’t dislike him but I’d like to keep the show all-female with maybe the occasional male guest host.

• Shazay says:

I think Brooke Shields is the best choice, as she’s been a guest host on the view, has the experience and was in the running for Jenny’s spot.

These were some great picks. Connie could fill Babs’ spot as the “mature” (older) legit newswoman, Brooke S the working mom, and Rachel Campos was always good when she was in the running to replace Lisa, but Elizabeth got it. I think Rachel deserves another chance, Candice has ZERO experience. I think Ann Curry is too good for the View. I don’t know why we need another comedian, since Whoopi is already one. I heard Rosie might come back. Ugh!!

2. M3rc Nate says:

Cara Santa Maria -maybe
    Danica McKellar
    Shira Lazar
    Kevin Pereira
    Carrie Keagan
    Anthony Bourdain

And TED Talks level experts in their field to join the table when they talk about a serious topic that needs a expert at the table.

But no….they are gonna get Mario Lopez or some actress/actor who no one should care about their opinion, and some reality TV star from the Bachelor/ette…lol it would be laughable if it wasnt so much of whats wrong with America. TV shows like this should be going towards Ted Talks, and informing the American public with intelligent, educated, and qualified experts and professionals, not Jenny McCarthy (and her baby killing, outbreak creating self) and “personalities” so they can squak over each other about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez…just more BS to have our attention at entertainment not at all the important huge stuff going on in the world…like Iraq, Israel, N Korea, Iran, Brazil, China, the 200 stolen women in Africa, American poverty and corrupt American politics. The View: Part of the problem.

• Daryl says:

“Kevin Pereira”

So he can completely change the show’s format, intent and scope, such as when he transformed The Screen Savers into Attack of the Show? (Still haven’t forgiven that.)

But maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad thing with The View….

• nancy leavy says:

I think maria Osmond brook shields lets have some nice women or men. your show lost a lot of viewers because sherrie is dumb & buts in all the time.barbara had class now it is just a boring.

3. Teresa says:

Where is Mario Cantone!!! He should be the number one choice! He’s been on for years and everyone loves him!!!

4. guest says:

Two problems: One, the idea that there has to be a token republican is just proof of how WILDLY one sided the media currently is. Two, the point of The View was that it would be women’s perspective of current events. You can’t treat gay men like they’re women just because they like to have sex with men. That’s actually kind of offensive. Gay men aren’t women. They’re men.

• Brian says:

Agree with everything you said…

• David4 says:

I agree, as a gay man I’m kind of offended by even the suggestion. However everything on The View is offensive to common sense so I don’t expect anything from the producers.

It’s a show for everyone, but it’s supposed to be about the view point of different women not guys.

• Ron says:

Well, Slezak himself is gay, so I don’t think he meant anything by it. Perhaps your offense is somewhat misdirected?

• Temperance says:

If the media is wildly skewed, it’s certainly to the insane, anti-logic, anti-reason, all brainwash (aka Republican) side…

• Ally Oop says:

Agreed, And as for the token republican thing, I don’t think anyone should be painted into a corner. Just because someone votes Republican doesn’t mean they agree with all Republican policies. I think Elizabeth Hasselback ran into trouble because she was expected to keep to the Republican point of view and at times looked uncomfortable doing so. These women aren’t politicians–they don’t have to tout the party line just because they are expected too.

• qj201 says:

The view seems only interested in gay men who are are flamboyant and loud.

• Tahitigirl says:

Exactly. Why just one conservative voice? Why not a panel that more accurately represents the American population and not just liberal Hollywood? As for the “outrageous comedians,” I can’t stand any of them. But, ultimately, why do I even care? As long as Whoopi is there, I won’t be watching.

5. Ed says:

Didn’t really care for many of the choices. I liked the original View and quit watching when Rosie came on.

• Ally Oop says:

I used to watch The View quite alot but lost interest about a year ago. I don’t watch any daytime tv anymore (I usually just watch the shows on my DVR) but I would probably watch again if the hosts interested me enough. If a Kardashian, Real Housewives or Bachelor contestant end up on here I will stay away.

6. Sheldon W. says:

Just kill this tired excuse for a gossip/news/opinion fest and have done with it!

7. Ralph says:

My DREAM would be cancel it and bring back “One Life to Live”. Yeah, I know it won’t happen, but it is my dream!!!

8. cjeffery7 says:

i appreciate the link to go back and comment on the last slide. it’s still an extra click but it is more stream-lined imo.

RUPAUL PLEASE

9. Matty says:

I LOVE the idea of Connie Chung being on “The View”, she would be a natural choice. She has the journalistic background to cover politics, but can also be quirky, funny and relatable. I also think that if she weren’t in the middle of a battle with cancer that Joan Lunden would be a fantastic choice.

Other great choice, IMHO would be:

Anna Kasparian from The Young Turks would be a good choice, I think.

Maybe they could bring back Debbie Mentanopolous, now that she’s a grown adult she might add a new perspective.

How about either Daisy Fuentes or Jillian Barbierie Reynolds? Both would be excellent choices, IMHO.

Or if they really want a conservative voice, I suggest former MTV VJ Kennedy, who was a known conservative.

Also, from the MTV world, a good choice could be Suchin Pak, who was always very good on camera.

Lastly, another choice for a conservative voice could be actress Shannen Doherty.

10. Matty says:

Just thought of another one:
    –Real Housewife of O.C. star Heather Dubrow. I think that she has the chops to pull this off. She has a lot of experience as a TV host; and I think would be a natural choice.

11. David4 says:

Candace Cameron Bure Would be amazing with Reba. I’m still in favor of all women View, there are so many great people to add.

12. Mary says:

What about Kristin Chenoweth?

13. Tom says:

My perfect panel:
    MIchele Bachmann
    Jezebel.com writer Lindy West
    Shirley Phelps Roper
    Rachel Maddow
    Britney Spears

• Ron says:

HAHAHA. This is hysterical. Bachmann and Maddow would be at each others’ throats the entire time. Roper would probably pull out a gun and shoot Maddow for being a lesbian and claim she was doing God’s work. Spears would probably wind back up in the mental hospital after one show. And I just find Lindy West to be one of the most annoying people in the world. So, yeah, perfect panel. I think it would finally ensure the cancellation of The View!

• Temperance says:

Bachman isn’t bright enough to speak off the cuff under any circumstances. Maddow would slaughter her in about half a second, and she’d be pointless (as she already is).

• Angela says:

Oh, god, no, Michelle Bachmann doesn’t need to be anywhere near a television screen.

• ntamms says:

Gross list! With the pictures shown here! I’d substitute L.A. Reid for Rupaul. And I’d bring back McCarthy!! This group of pictures is not an improvement!!

14. Mark says:

Bonnie Hunt would be great !

• Kim R says:

YES!!! Bonnie Hunt should be on TV somewhere! She would be great as the moderator of the table I think. I would totally clean house and that includes Whoopi as well. Bonnie Hunt with Wanda Sykes, Reba, Candice, Ally and Soledad. That’s my table. :D

• Nancy says:

Agree!

15. Matt says:

Rupaul, Margaret Cho, Brooke Shields, and David Burtka

16. Annie says:

Pink would be my wild card choice. I like Milano as a choice.

17. Jennifer says:

How about Tina Fey and Maria Shriver?

18. M Sinclair says:

Bring Joy back!!! Mario Cantone

19. Kendall says:

Did people watch The View before Vieira left? I swear, people’s ideas of how the show is supposed to be are nothing like how it was for most of its history.

20. Tammy says:

Ali Wentworth and Ricky Lake!

21. Darcy Wilson says:

I’m still holding out hope Ana Quincoces from Real Housewives of Miami will join the show. She’s guest hosted a few times, she’s smart, and likes to discuss/argue with facts. Plus she’s also a famous amateur chef so she could bring that to the table like Rosie did with crafting!

22. Darcy Wilson says:

The notion of putting a man on The View has come up a lot recently, and I just don’t like it. This show is meant to be about intelligent women of different ages, from different walks of life discussing hot button issues having a real conversation. It’s certainly devolved as far as “intelligent” is concerned, but adding a man to the mix would just real be shooting the show in the foot.

I think that the show needs more intelligent women with a background in politics or news or something like that. Remember back in the first year, the outrage over Debbie Matenoupoulos being on the show because she didn’t have the same professional news background of the other women, and now we’re here discussing whether Brooke Burke should join the show? Come on. The problem with the show is the lost intelligence of the conversation and the hosts.

23. Ally Oop says:

My Top 5 choices:
    #1 Reba Mcentire (she is the complete package and would really add to the view as she’s smart, opinionated but still has a filter, funny and the show needs a Southern voice in the mix)
    #2 Vanna White (I thought of her because I just came from my mom’s and she was watching Wheel of Fortune and I thought, all those years on that show, Vanna must be bored with touching letters on a wall and its time for a change for her, maybe on a talk show)
    #3 Candace Cameron Bure (several former Full House watchers would probably love watching a grown up Candace plus she was well-liked on DWTS)
    #4 Sandra Oh (after doing 10 years on a primetime soap, maybe a short 2-year stint on a talk show would be a nice change of pace for her, plus I would love to see a Canadian on the panel, The View needs some international blood)
    #5 Alejandra Oraa (The View needs a smart Hispanic woman in the group and she’s an up and coming journalist who could cross over into English-language media)
    #6 Lauren Graham (her stint on Parenthoood is just about up and Iike watching her doing interviews)
    #7 Mae Whitman (the show needs a younger panelist and again, she’ll be free soon)
    #8 Michaela Watkins (we know she’s funny and after Trophy Wife’s cancellation I would like to see more of her)
    #9 American female athlete (I would like to see an articulate, strong female athlete on the show to contrast the sometimes annoying Hollywood crowd although I’m not sure who
    #10 Margaret Cho (she’s funny and smart and would be interesting to watch)
    I’m in favour of keeping a rotating chair but maybe the guest host could stay for one month a piece instead of episodically. And I would keep it an all-women show.

24. Brandy says:

Candace Cameron, Kathy Griffin, and Ann Curry are my picks! I would love that!

25. Tom says:

Ali Wentworth
    Raven Symone
    Meghan McCain
    Ann Curry
    and Whoopi Goldberg
    Done.

26. DC says:

Katie Couric??? Yes her show was cancelled and she’s on yahoo, etc now but I think she would be very good

27. TinLV says:

I didn’t vote because I don’t think any of those choices are worth considering. The View should be a mix of ages, liberal and conservative, with no consideration to race at all. They should be smart and savvy about politics and current events. I know it was conceived as an all-female show, but I don’t see a problem with have a guy on the panel if its the right guy.

28. JD says:

Wanda Sykes, Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon, and Rosie Perez

• JD says:

That being said after reading all the other choices…i must say Reba McEntire seems like a great fit. And Ann Curry should be great as a moderator instead of don lemon or Anderson Cooper.

• ntamms says:

Who is Don Lemmon??

• the7thdoctor says:

Wanda Sykes once told someone on GMA (I think) that she’d rather ‘die’ than be a co-host on “The View”. (Actually, she was a bit more GRAPHIC in her wording, but I don’t know if I can post the exact quote here. She said “Oh no! I’d rather be sh– in the head!”)

29. Vicki says:

Ideal team for would be Whoopi, Meredith, Elisabeth, Star and Joy.

30. G. says:

Where is the option for “No Tea Party / ‘Conservative Voice’ wackadoos”, please?

31. raineetoneme says:

I don’t agree with them having men on the show. It’s about the view of women. I’d like to see smart talented women over the age of 35, varying political views (dem., rep., ind., etc.) and people who won’t interrupt or talk over someone. It’s so hard to follow the conversation sometimes. They can also have a day dedicated to men with male hosts. And have segments with a younger street interviewer/back-up host. For me personally, I’d love to have one black republican host, one opinionated/no political affiliation host who agrees with certain political issues, and a southern liberal.

32. Matty says:

I have to say, I don’t see the problem with adding a male to the panel (gay or straight). Just because somebody is a man, doesn’t mean they can’t add a perspective to the conversation. I think it’s time for “The View” to evolve beyond it’s original format, and frankly, at the time the show was created, men outnumbered females on daytime and news, and now I’d say it’s about even.

33. ntamms says:

I don’t know who the blonde is unless it’s Emma Stone..but with this group of pictures, I’d just as soon leave Jenny McCarthy and Sheri Shepherd in!! I do like L.A. Reid..if that’s who that is!

34. MartySena says:

Bill Rancic would be a great co-host. Love him and his attitude!

35. ntamms says:

Who is the 1st picture?? With this group..I’d much rather see Jenny McCarthy and Sheri Shepherd left in or trade Sheri for L.A. Reid. Don’t want Rupaul!

36. ntamms says:

Kristen Chenoweth might be fun. But Katie Couric has already got an internet thing going! Of course, Katie Couric would be ideal!!

37. ntamms says:

I also adore Bonnie Hunt!!

38. Pat Azar says:

I pick: Ali Wentworth – Maria Shriver – Connie Chung – Mary Matalin – Viola Davis
    What a power structure that would be.

39. annie says:

Seriously? You can’t do better than that? If any of those “funny ladies” gets on, I’m out. Let’s go with Ali Wentworth for funny & brains. Get rid of Whoopi. Get back Meredith for well-rounded informed–also fun as heck–person. The View really went off the track with Whoopi, Rosie, Sherri and Jenny.

40. Evie Ovalle says:

Whoopi Goldberg
    Rosie O’Donnell, because she deserves it
    Michelle Malkin, it’d be interesting to have a host who’s a conservative AND part of a minority group.
    Sarah Michelle Geller, who can take Sherry’s place as the “young one.”
    and
    Oprah, filling in for Barbara, perhaps?

41. Wonda Sikes would be a hoot. I really like her. Ross Mathews would be a good fit.

• WAnda Sykes would be great. Ross Matthews is a miserable person in real life. He might be able to fake being all right for a time, but after a while his true personality would start to show through. Saw him on Flipping Out and he is mean and vindictive.

42. annie says:

Please, please Bonnie Hunt. Could we get so lucky? She had a fantastic talk show.

No men. Especially Ross. He’s nice and smart but that voice….

43. Penny Edwards says:

I think for the conservative, I vote for Candace Cameron Bure. I have really liked her when she has been a guest host. Just a thought. The only man that has guest hosted that I really like is Bill Rancic. I do like Wanda Sykes too.
    I do not like Mario cantone

44. Donna says:

My favorites would be Reba and Bonnie Hunt. Don’t know who would be a third pick. For a guy, I like Anderson Cooper. Mario Cantone is funny but I don’t think I could take a steady diet of him. I really like Rosie, BUT I get so tired of her bringing up gay and lesbian issues. I really don’t care what her sexual preference is, but I do get tired of hearing about it continually. No one else says they are “straight” and go on and on about it. It just gets old. Of all the talk shows that have ever been on, I miss Bonnie Hunt the most. She is so calm, funny, and clever. A truly amazing lady! Please, please no Candace Cameron Bure. She is SO pathetically boring.

45. Janet says:

Ann Coulter can more than hold her own against anyone, anywhere, anytime. Smart, witty and doesn’t think the world is flat. She would certainly put a spark in the incredibly boring conversations of last year. The view is supposed to be DIFFERENT viewpoints-not just sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya. Give us some differing points of view, please.

46. jamie d says:

I would watch every day if Wanda and RuPaul are on the table!:D

47. Kip Powell says:

Spot on re: The Nightmare View. Help us baby Bhudda in the manger.

48. Cyn says:

how about Lisa Rinna?

49. Nana Bikes says:

How about Mary, Rhoda, Phyllis and Maude. loved the old View but without Barbara, just like the other shows it’s time for reruns.

50. Joahn Webb says:

Definitely a conservative — male or female for balance. Perhaps the conservative male that has been on the show Will (I don’t know his last name).