Endeavour Sneak Peek: Morse Goes Back to School

Endeavour_Feature_DW

Detective Constable Morse will be visited by the Ghost of a Schoolgirl Passed when Endeavour returns this Sunday (PBS, 9/8c).

RELATED Homeland’s Damian Lewis Is PBS’ King Henry VIII

The show, now in it’s second season, is a prequel to the long-running Inspector Morse series and follows the young detective (played by Shaun Evans, The Last Weekend) as he begins his career with the Oxford City Police. Roger Allam (V for Vendetta) co-stars as his boss and partner in crime-solving, Detective Inspector Fred Thursday.

RELATED Ian McKellen Previews His Vicious Insult Comedy’s PBS Debut

In this week’s episode, Morse investigates a 100-year-old series of unsolved murders-by-croquet mallet at what is now an all-girls boarding school, after he finds a possible connection to his current investigation of a museum docent’s death-by-ceremonial dagger.

But before he can get to the truth, Morse has to deal with the Spirits of  Schoolgirls Present.

Press PLAY to see how Morse fares!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Previews, Video

1. Sara says:

Awesome to see some coverage of Endeavour on TVLine!!! I am a huge fan of this show and this episode looks really interesting.

2. Abby says:

Great show; can’t wait!

3. GhostWolf says:

Wow, sure took long enough for the second series to air here. The third series can’t get here soon enough (you’ll understand when you see the last episode).

4. herman1959 says:

Houston, we have a problem: My play button (arrow) is not activated, so I’m not able to see the video. This is a first for me.

• Laura says:

Same for me; video won’t show up or play. Not to worry, since I’ve already watched Ep. 2, but it would be helpful for those who haven’t watched it yet.

5. maggie says:

I LOVE Endeavour. I’m so happy to see TVLine cover the show. I can’t wait for the new episodes of Inspector Lewis, and hope TVLine covers that as well.

6. Carol C says:

I’m a huge fan, too. So happy to have Endeavour back.

7. curtlyon19 says:

just yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy xclnt series!!!!

8. Laura says:

So glad to see coverage of one of the two best TV shows on TVLine (“Sherlock” being the other). I got hooked on “Endeavour” (and the brilliant Shaun Evans — clever, emotional, vulnerable, so much conveyed through his eyes & subtle body language) on Ssn 1 (even have gone back & watched all 5 episodes–yes, esp. the untitled “Pilot”, ‘Fugue”, and “Home” being the best: still move me to tears); and Season 2 picks up in the best way: Am working my way thru episodes (don’t want to wait for “Masterpiece” in USA because they cut crucial dialogue/scenes when BBC episode goes a few minutes overlong) & am loving Ssn 2. Superb acting, writing, dialogue, music (!), cinematography, film editing, cast of characters, and Mr. Evans! (I usually don’t like series set in the 60s, but “Endeavour” is the rare exception, mostly because of Mr. Evans, the stories/mysteries, intelligent multi-layered/not ‘dumbed down’ storylines, interweaving of stories & character development, oh so gorgeous music. I thought I was only fan (my friends in USA have no idea what I’m talking about). Polar opposite of “Sherlock” but just as good. (Not fan of most “Masterpiece” series, but these 2 shows are the best shows on TV today.)

9. Tracy says:

Hmmmm…what happened to the video? It’s just a big empty space now :(

10. Honey says:

Diz a 1st 4 me anyway bt i’am sure it’ll be fun, i’d lyk 2 be a detective sumday!!!!!!