What Happens Next: Why Did Castle Crash and Burn on His Wedding Day?

Castle Season 7 Rick Dies

TVLine hits rewind on the TV season’s biggest “What Happens Next” finales, then invites you to predict the cliffhanger outcomes

ABC’s Castle left fans pretty hot with its Season 6 finale, which ended with the titular mystery writer seemingly burned to a crisp inside his crashed Mercedes.

Seemingly being the operative word.

RELATED Castle Creator Talks Controversial Wedding Day Twist (‘We’re Going to Take Our Lumps’), Teases New Mythology Ahead

Because while Kate Beckett has no idea that she is a fictional character on a TV show named after Richard Castle and thus is allowed to genuinely fear the worst, the reality is that the stalwart ABC drama — coming off its most watched season ever — has not sent its male lead up in flames. “Nathan [Fillion] is signed on for Season 7,” series creator Andrew W. Marlowe assured TVLine after the finale aired.

So then, what was Kate laying witness to there in the finale’s final, fiery moments? If Rick is not in the car, where is he? And if this is all some spontaneously orchestrated ruse to fake Castle’s death, who masterminded it and why?

Marlowe acknowledged that there are “a lot of interesting folks out there” — including but not limited to 3XK or his plastic surgeon groupie (played by 24 alum Annie Wersching) — who could have been behind the wheel of the black SUV that last was seen pulling up alongside Rick’s car.

RELATED Castle Creator Weighs In on Bracken’s Possible Return

Rewatch Kate’s fateful phone call (cued up below), then review our poll options and share your predictions for how the cliffhanger will shake out.

1. James says:

They could change the name of the
    show to ‘Beckett’ for Season 7…

• M3rc Nate says:

Not only would that apply correctly to how the show is now (Castle being basically a secondary character, hes not smart or used anymore hes just a source of comedy and a support system for Beckett) , and also it would free up Nathan Fillion to leave “Castle” to go and do WAAAY better things….do we really want him wasting his 40′s on a network 22 ep a season TV show? Or would we love him as a Super Hero (Green Lantern in Justice League) or some other awesome part?

• LK says:

He’s a little too old for Green Lantern at this stage in his life.

• wordsmith says:

Hal Jordan traditionally has a bit of gray hair around the temples. Just saying. But you have a point.

• He would work as 80′s-era Jordan.

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

I’m really am sorry but I’m about to go comic book geek on you. The premature graying was explained already as Jordan being infected by Paralax. Once he freed himself of Parallax his gray hair went away as well.

• Shane Edser says:

You’re never too old for Green Lantern.
          Besides, he’s Posidon in Percy Jackson. Being a god beats having a magic ring.

• Lisa B says:

He’s not Poseidon, he played Mercury ~ whose son Luke was the character causing trouble.

• tsart42 says:

I agree. He is past his prime for roles such as Lantern. He is, I would hope, more discreet in the parts he chooses.
          I believe he has earned this.

• Christina says:

I know the show’s in a bit of rough patch now, but I’d like to think he’s not “wasting” his time with this show. I still (for the most part) enjoy the episodes each week, so I’m grateful to him for sticking with the show!

• Just one thing says:

Fillion strikes me as someone who values his coworkers in a difficult industry – particularly the crew – and would stick it out with the show for a reasonable length of time, even if he would rather do other things now.

“Better” is always relative, like time, and is rarely black and white.

• Christina says:

Totally agree! Good to hear from you again too :) Still hate this comment structure though. I find myself reading the comments section significantly less often than I used to.

• Just one thing says:

Back at ya, Christina! And yes, I need to get used to this new comments section. It’s definitely not looking right on my phone. :-S

• Cindy says:

Ditto!!!!

• Leona Palski says:

Sometimes there’s that one thing that comes along that you didn’t expect and it is your legacy, like it or not. Nathan’s first one was a short series named Firefly. His second is Castle. Not many get 2 of them. He may go on to do other things, but at his age, I’d stick with Castle as long as lasts. It’s a good show. It’s something to be proud of no matter which character gets more exposure. The whole cast is important, Castle is a combination of all the characters working together no matter what the titel.

• Leona Palski says:

title…sorry for the misspell.

• SEI625 says:

Totally agree!! There are too many actors/actresses out there looking for a steady job like “Castle”. Why leave a good steady role that pays you well with a very strong fan base and ratings?? Hopefully all cast members sign up for few more years and we get lots of more Castle to watch and enjoy:)

• Cindy says:

Agree with you Leona! the whole cast makes Castle the successful show it is!

• Kari says:

He was also on One Life To Live back in the late 70′s early 80′s. He played one of Erika Slezak son Joey.

• Collena Faye says:

I love Castle because of the chemistry of love building between castle and the lady, as well as the co workers and their care for each other in a dangerous atmosphere. Its nice to know people care even if it is on t.v. and pretence. The real world could use a healthy dose of both abundantly. I hope true love and caring never gets old or dies out. It would be a real shame for the world. We could learn something by watching the love of castle, his daughter, and mom as well as the concern of co-workers at the precinct. I do every day I watch it. I hope it never changes,drops, or looses anything, or anyone. The chemistry WORKS!

• Brian says:

Do better things??? Nathan???? Ha! You made me laugh! This is his first successful show EVER. Without the people on this show working longer & far more committed than he’ll ever be, “Castle” would have had the same fate (misfortune) as all the other shows he’s been involved with. Better things…..hahahaha

• Harvey says:

Yeah, so is everbody’s first hit show, only he was the most famous of them all in comparison. And he has done a lot of hardwork, and his fan following already was one of the things that made Castle big, so don’t act like he isn’t important or anything. Without him, the show would never have been what it is without him. His character is boring now, the maker’s fault, and that’s why anyone would want to leave.

• Cindy says:

I don’t find his character boring at all! This is the best show ever!! It wouldn’t be ‘Castle” without the entire cast!

• missteff says:

I don’t find him boring I just miss the old Castle but I still love the show.

• Garrett champion says:

The only reason I started watching this show was because of him,and a lot of people are the same,so without him this show never would have made it with all the other cop based shows out there.

• Harvey Specter says:

Garett, same here, started watching because of him and his awesome performance of Castle.

• Cindy says:

I agree with you Garrett. But he and Stana make the best and cutest couple on tv! The entire cast are the best! Here’s hoping for many more seasons of Castle!!

• Kari says:

Haven’t you ever seen Firefly on the syfy network??

• missteff says:

both! I just love the man. will watch whatever he is in.

• Priscilla says:

Nathan is a great person to “model” as he has morals and principles that are sooooo needed in today’s world. Gives the teens something to copy. Good for him.

• Bob&Janice says:

Naturally I don’t know Nathan personally, but I do get the feeling that he is a genuine good person. I am a little disgusted with the mean spirit of some of his critics. Tolerance is needed in this world and mean people need to change their attitudes. I like Nathan, Stana, and all of the cast of Castle. The show is a good one and that is a rarity these days.

• Jan Stetson says:

this is a situation when both the lead characters are vital! pleasedo not chg a thing

• Pamela says:

I want to see him as Jim Rockford in a new “Rockford Files”

• Lynn says:

some of you people should grow up. The man is in his mid forties, not in the best of shape, makes a great salary doing Castle and will likely never get another lead role as a romantic lead in a series or film. That is just the way it is. If he wants to spend the rest of his career doing cartoons or silly super heroes that is his choice. But I don’t think he is that stupid!

• Cindy says:

Uh, he is NOT stupid at all!

• carbono says:

Looks to be in pretty good shape if you go to his Twitter account & see him tazing that actor that was in the lottery episode. Seems he’s been working out.

• Ken Kahre says:

I have to disagree with you, Lynn; Nathan Fillion is one of those rare talents who can dance effortlessly between straight roles and comedy, make it look easy and still look like he’s not taking himself seriously; much like like Cary Grant and James Garner, both of whom had long, long careers. I believe that Fillion may just be getting started. Let’s hope so.

• Harvey says:

The show is Beckettish, and Nathan deserves more scenes and everything. Without him though, whatever the show’s name is, it would never be the same.

• l shwonek says:

no its the best show on air. the 2 stars are a great match don’t screw it up!

• Bob&Janice says:

I really like this show and the whole cast! Nathan and Stana are great together as are all of the other characters. Please don’t complain about any of them, as they are actors doing their job and entertaining us. It appears that some of the fans are a little bit jealous of the chemistry between the stars. To pull off a great show you need that chemistry along with good writers! Give them a break! I am anxiously awaiting the S7 premier.

• niles is my name says:

you got that right, it only works when they all work together with good writing. love the show and can’t wait to see where we end up. I look forward to all esp. I watched some reruns-when they aired the 1st time I told myself I wouldn’t watch again-but when I did I enjoyed them. I even look forward to seeing season 6 again.

• Bob&Janice says:

Thanks Niles, for reading my comment. I wish everyone felt as we do about the show. To each his own I guess. I just don’t want the chance of the show losing ground because of a few non-fans. Also, I don’t like the negativity about Nathan Fillion. He appears to be a happy go lucky guy, a great actor, and a great comic from what I see. He plays his part very well! As I said before, the whole cast is a true working team of actors and they play so well off of each other.

• Janice W says:

This should read Janice says: My hb (Bob) passed away 2 1/2 years ago. Thank you for correcting it.

• Livia says:

I disagree. While she may appear as “most important” or whatever he is still the best part of the show and it wouldn’t be nearly as good without him, I feel like it would just become another boring CSI or something. I don’t think I’d even watch it if he left.

• Bob&Janice says:

I agree. Castle is a very big part of this show! It is based on him and the people he cares about. Nathan Fillion is an asset to the show “Castle” as is Stana Katic and all of the rest of the cast. They are a team and everyone of them is important to this shows success!

• Liz says:

Not complaining here. The show has two leads and it works great. Plus Beckett is bamf and complex and fascinating and relatable. Friggen love her. And Rick, love him for being strong, funny, bamfy, and surrounding himself with dynamic women and not feeling threatened by them in the slightest.

• lexii says:

That could be an awesome and terrible prank they could do. They could just have it say beckett for the first episode of the season and give everyone heart attacks until they realize it was a joke. Or they could do it for april fools :) (They could fake an accident in the previous episode lol)

• Harvey says:

Yeah, the show is way too much Beckettish now, and now it’s getting boring too maybe because of that.

• SlcJohnD says:

Since a lot of it was her searching for her mothers killer, it was Beckett strong. But Castle did a great job supporting her. Part of his character. Let us not forget the episodes when Alexis was kidnapped. There’s a lot more to Castle than a silly grin. He shocked Beckett and everyone. [great writing]. The seriess just plays better not having him macho every episode. He’s great comedy relief, without being dumb. Just saying.

• Marisa Blewett says:

I don’t even know if this was serious or not… But I am dying with laughter anyways!!

• potty b says:

true

• Are you kidding, Castle is the one who makes you laugh, you wait for his reaction always, he is a complete actor. And Kate is a match.! P.S. I think he will have a bump on his head and wil not remember Kate.

• missteff says:

who cares what the name if it is as long as they can fix the mess and get the show back on track. I will sure watch but if I’m not impressed with the 1st two esp. then I’m gone too. Still love the show, always will.

2. Kate says:

I can’t wait to find out! I think 3XK is somehow involved. Whatever happened, I hope it’s quickly resolved and that there’s a wedding soon!

3. aaj says:

Where is “I don’t care, I’m just glad Andrew Marlowe is out?”

• S. says:

He’s not “out.” Nobody fired him, he just wanted to hand over certain responsibilities if he’s gonna have the time to develop other shows. Showrunning is a lot of managerial stuff, not solely being in the writers room. He’s still gonna be involved on a daily basis, just won’t be dealing with every aspect of Castle bts. It’s not like it won’t be his people involved in running the show, including the new showrunner who undoubtedly was in on whatever the plans are with Castle and that burning car. I doubt it was a shock to him and that he had no input on the matter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• MKS says:

According to TVLINE last week, the vision is still very much Marlowe’s. Go read up on what a show runner does. It is total control. Not piece management.

4. Concerned says:

Maybe Nathan just wants less screentime to enjoy those four day work weeks he got!

5. Francine says:

I knew it wouldnt take long for the same old and tired comments…Ah well. I didnt particularly love the finale but I’m still looking forward to seeing what plays out. Castle is just a fun show for me and I try not to take it too seriously. I don’t think this one is on 3XK though.

• Hey, Francine! I really want it to be Tyson and Nieman, since there’s so much to mine there. But I guess at this point I would be open to something new!

• Cindy says:

I agree Francine! It is a fun show and look so forward to every Monday nite. Plus i have all 5 seasons and watch reruns all the time. Come on everyone its TV.

6. Tamar says:

The season finale didn’t exist. That is all

7. Trust AWM says:

I vote for option G: This isn’t fake. Castle is actually dead, and Nathan Fillion is leaving the show alongside Andrew Marlowe.

• Disappointed says:

Maybe Nathan doesn’t leave as long as Marlowe has lost creative control and the new regime is able to restore the show to it’s former balance with Castle actually contributing something to the show and Caskett rediscover that chemistry which is almost a distant memory now. If Marlowe still influences the storyline I have little interest in finding out what happened to Castle and who was responsible.

• Harvey says:

Nathan has signed on for another Season!

• Cindy says:

It sounds like you won’t be watching Castle anymore!

8. LK says:

Beckett wakes up next season to see Castle coming out of the shower…. IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

• Lupe says:

I agree with you, it is a dream!!

• MJO says:

That would be an interesting take.. that she really IS a one-and-done girl… .that whole thing of how she was married and no one knew was a pretty stupid story line.. that was something that would defiantly come up working for the police and FBI…

• Disappointed says:

Well it that wouldn’t be any worse than all the other cliched crap they crammed into the finale, and it would allow a rewind to preserve Beckett’s canon, but as Marlowe said his reasons for that storyline was to “take her down a peg or two” to make the relationship more equal, the dream won’t happen if he’s still calling the shots.

• Beckstle says:

This is one time where the Dallas option would truly be welcomed. It would fit with all the kookiness of the episode. I doubt that’s the case though. I’ll go with anything that fixes the nonsense about Beckett’s Vegas marriage (Someone needs to have planted that. It makes no sense that it never came up before.) and puts the wedding back on schedule. I don’t care how. New mythology is secondary to cleaning up that finale train wreck.

9. Teri says:

I detested the Finale, but am excited to see if 3xk is involved. My hope is that Castle was thrown from the car and comes climbing up the cliff ready to head to the wedding!

10. Jared Munson says:

I thought maybe he survived and they had to do plastic surgery…new star a la soap opera

11. MKS says:

How about other? The writers of the episode didn’t want them to get married so they borrowed from every single wedding day soap opera scenario for that cluster F of a finale.

• S. says:

They’re going to get married. Chill out. It’s just about when and how. It’ll probably be sooner rather than later, they just needed to set up the new stuff after nailing Bracken.

• MKS says:

Like I didn’t know that already. I dislike silly and contrived story lines which is exactly what this episode was. It was a cluster f. And I’m tired of fans telling other fans to chill out over the finale. When Marlowe and company stop stealing from old TV scripts then I will stop complaining.

• Jake says:

Amen to that. It needs to be continually posted over again so maybe Marlowe will get the idea that the fans won’t be happy with contrived crap and expect better.

• john z says:

Agreed, 623 was soo bad, I may not come back. After Vertias , it was like a different show.

• Janet says:

It’s at times like this that I truly wish that TVLine had an “I love you so f’ing much for this comment” button…

• Audrey says:

This. What a big fat worse way to go about delaying wedding. Plus, Beckett’s Vegas wedding to bring her down “a peg” is a lazy way to do so.

12. Mike says:

Run off the road and held hostage by his his number 1 fan, a lonely guy from Derry, Maine, played by Stephen King.

13. Liz says:

I know lots of people complain about Castle, but I’ve never been anything but completely satisfied with this show. Absolutely love it. And I know whatever happened with the crash and whatever’s going to happen will be just fine.

• S. says:

Liz, I know I’ve only just read your post and this is sudden, but I fan-love you. ;) Wisdom at last. It will indeed all be fine. Some people get so anxious over something that’ll all be okay and happy. They’ll get married, Rick’s fine. Deep breaths, e’erbody. To quote ‘Shakespeare in Love’: “The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.” “So what do we do?” “Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.” “How?” “I don’t know, it’s a mystery…” I, for one, am looking forward to watching the mystery unfold. It’s part of the fun.

• MKS says:

Like we didn’t already know they won’t get married. Marlowe is an evil writer who do doesn’t like happy people in his stories. Again my issue is with the crappy plot. Not the fact they didn’t get married

• Cindy says:

To Liz and S.= I am a huge fan too. I, too, am very satisfied with the episodes. Like I’ve said before its TV, fiction, not a reality show. and the best one ever!!! Can’t wait for the mystery to be solved!!

• Kitty says:

Thank you. I couldn’t agree more.

• Luis says:

I have to say, honestly, I lost a little bit of love for “Castle” this season. From Alexis’ college growing pains to the criminal under-use of Susan Sullivan to Rick’s not appearing to write a whole hell of a lot this season to the whole cassette tape inside an elephant statuette that’s been on Beckett’s desk the whole time(!), this season felt like a come-down from the heights of Seasons 4 & 5. Frankly, I felt like the finale was one of the high points of the season. The Vegas marriage was a clever final road block, with a welcome guest turn from Eddie McClintock (snap him up, ABC!) The final shocker, with the visual of Rick’s burning car was a tremendous hook and made me hopeful for better days in Season 7. Don’t disappoint me, ABC!

• Lupe says:

Totally agree with you, I can’t wait for season 7. Love this show

• Harvey says:

I loved the cliffhanger, though Castle’s character being unimportant doesn’t seem good anymore.

14. John NYC says:

Simple kidnap, torched the car for a delay.

15. leigh says:

Maybe he was kidnapped by one if his ex-wives. Or Pi. :) My guess is none of these as Marlowe mentioned a new mythology (is (that the right word?) next season. I would assume that means a new character. But if the choices I love the Misery like kidnapping theory. That would be a good one to play out to open the season.

16. Mm says:

Seriously if it is D, with the body swap, they have crossed into retreading (bad) Lois and Clark storylines— just, please no frog eating.

• mo says:

Haha!!! I’d pay good money to see Castle eat a frog. That part of L&C was annoying, but, I still loved that show…just like I love this one. :)

17. lame says:

When series writers run out of ideas it’s called “jumping the shark”. Is ” For Better or Worst” that instance when Castle the series has jumped. We’ll have to wait till September to see if David Amman can rescue it from the quagmire Marlowe left it in. What’s so distressing is that this season was very good on the whole, up until the finale.

• Harvey says:

The Season was good on a whole? It was way boring than other Seasons, with destroying Castle’s importance.

18. MKS says:

To S, Liz and Kitty:

It is because fans like yourselves keep rolling over and accepting whatever the show throws out it is the reason why we get these episodes like the finale. The thing that annoys me the most is when fans like yourselves say it will all be okay, they will get married.

The truth is, there was NO reason why they shouldn’t he married right now. Haven’t these two been through enough? How many more times does Caskett have to be put through the wood chipper before Marlowe and company stop copying off everyone else.

Most fans who have issues with the finale isn’t over the fact they didn’t get married but with the story itself.

And that is the problem.

• Disappointed says:

Yep. Not getting married in the finale was the least of the problems.

• Jake says:

Exactly. Well stated.

• MissMel says:

Oh get over yourself. Just because YOU didn’t like the way it played out no one is allowed to? Has it occurred to you that maybe S, Liz and Kitty aren’t just “rolling over and accepting whatever the show throws out” but actually ENJOY the show as is?

You know what the reason was for them not getting married? Because it was the season finale! The show I’ve been watching for 6 seasons has always ended the season with some sort of cliffhanger or unresolved issue that is then resolved in the early episodes of the next season. Why would this season be any different? It’s the way dramas have ended their seasons for at least as long as I’ve been alive and I’m nearly 40! Anyone with common sense already knew that wedding was NEVER going to happen.

• Kitty says:

Thank you MissMel. You seem to be the only one who gets it.

• Lupe says:

I like how you think, MissMel :)

• Jake says:

“It’s the way dramas have ended their seasons for at least as long as I’ve been alive and I’m nearly 40!”
        So you’re saying you like contrived formulaic plotlines, Readers of TVLine, if you’ve ever wondered why crap TV shows get such high Nielsen ratings, it’s because of people like this…

• Sarah says:

Ok.
          #1
          Above comment by Jake:
          I just want to say that MissMel did not say that she agreed with Kitty and the others that liked the show the way it was. Your accusations don’t have enough evidence to hold them up. She may be unsatisfied with the show. Or maybe she agrees with them. You were just missing her main point (which I will restate in #2). And the fact that you tried to use big vocabulary like “contrived formulaic plotlines” and then called on other people to gang up on MissMel (aka “people like this…”) is something that I find very funny. You are trying to impress with your vocab and then acting like a bully on a playground.

#2 MissMel, I agree with you on the very important point that you made. I may not be 40, but for almost every TV show that I have watched as long as I have been around, the season finale always goes out with a “BANG” or a cliffhanger. Obviously, a happy ending is the “BANG” many fans were hoping for. I, along with at least a few other fans, just wanted Castle and Beckett to get married. I have watched this show from the beginning and the relationship has been very drawn out.
          However, I was EXPECTING the season exactly the way it did. The season, in my personal opinion, has been lackluster and the marriage would not have been dramatic enough for the writers to try and redeem themselves. The writers seemed to have had trouble with more storylines (and well thought through ones. I also know and agree that Beckett’s first marriage would have come up based on her profession. That was not well thought through) this season. Nevertheless, I have loved watching the show as a whole. I love Castle. I just personally hope that the stories will be better next season.

BUT there, as everyone has clearly seen, are fans who are fine with the way that the show is going. And there are people implying that they are stupid for thinking that. Well you know what? Some people like red and some like blue. People have different opinions. Instead of fighting personal opinion, I think it would be better for people just to express them. Just let people comment and don’t argue. That should be the end of it. This is TV. not politics. There is no need to fight about TV and no need to get emotional about this. That’s all I have to say. If somebody else wants to try to argue with that, be my guest. You won’t be getting the satisfaction of my response.

• missteff says:

Castle fans: I do agree I love the show and how they simi ending things, it got me thinking of all the outcomes -both good and bad (yes, I said that). as a whole the show is going a great job, as for seasons-not all are going to be great. To me “Castle” is a continuing story and some people a judging it a little to early. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

19. Ethel says:

I want to see the fun Castle back again. It does appear the show is now about Beckett more than Castle. Sorry, but being a woman, I want to see Nathan Fillion on my TV screen. Of course, if I HAD to settle for Ryan or Espo, this would be OK for a very short time.

• David T. says:

He doesn’t want to work longer than how he works right now. Heck he’s working 4 days only as it is, LESS than everyone else on the show to give way for whatever it is he wants to do, yet he never stops mentioning how looooong he works at comic cons he attended recently & in the past. THAT’s your answer Ethel. If not for the rest of the hard working cast & crew this show would not have been going strong with Nathan’s attitude—whether you admit it or not, this show would have been cancelled the way this actor’s other shows had been cancelled in the past if this time he didn’t have this group of diligent & committed people behind & most especially in front of the cameras.

Thank you “Castle” cast & crew for your hard work. We certainly appreciate your hard work. Can’t wait for S7!!!

• Harvey says:

David, well I am sorry, but it was how greatly he played Castle’s character till the end of, at least, Season 3, how funny he was, and some of his popularity, at least much more than others, that even started the show, they owe him the show’s start, he is now taking his time as others are now important and can easily carry on too!

• carbono says:

David T – Where did you get that he is only working 4 days? I know he tried but that plot failed. He worked 5 days last year like the rest of them.

20. GS says:

I fell out of love with Castle last year. I’d rather watch the Blacklist. I did watch the finale but, and I know I’m in the minority, I think putting them together ruined their chemistry. They are so dull together now and when they kiss, it’s like a brother and sister with no heat at all. I miss the old days when Rick was more a part of the group because now he’s only there to make dumb comments and make Beckett look like a genius.

• Stuart says:

You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about with regards to the show Castle. Nathan wants less hours of work so he could do other stuff he wants to do oh like going on holidays in the south pacific in the middle of production playing board games/video games instead of working like everyone else! For him 4 days are long hours when in fact he works less days than all the cast & crew. But even without him on set the rest of the hardworking team try their darnest to make the show work. And it HAS! Season 6 is the best rated season so far on ABC. So stop complaining. If you can’t do that, go watch your Blacklist. You said so yourself you like that show now anyway.
      I love my “Castle” & so does millions of others that tune in. Season 7 here we come!

• alexa says:

you do know that he wants to branch out right, if he doesn’t have anything to do except follow Beckett around obviously its a waste to even be there !! i mean it turned into becektt show , marlowe forgot about the title character !!!!anyway put him in gotg or some marvel movie i want to see him more on my screen, i wouldn’t mind if he left castle !!!!!

• Would Fillion even be considered a candidate for big blockbuster projects if he weren’t playing the title character of an internationally popular series that’s going into its seventh season? Nothing against Fillion, whose notoriously nice and well-respected. Just a question about the nature of an industry that tends to most want certain talent precisely when said talent is unavailable.

• terri says:

if you are working with him, he is not the only stars of the show you know, and demanding that he wants to work only 4 days a week while the rest have to work regular hours, and be paid so much more than the other stars of the show, would you be impressed by him?? do you think that is fair for the rest of the stars and crew of the show?

• Harvey says:

Nope, he wouldn’t be. But you know, Nathan was more popular than any other star on the show, he was great in the start, full effort and hard work, and he made Castle just awesome to watch. Without him, the show itself wouldn’t have been what it is.

• Harvey says:

Alexa, agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he is not important, why should he waste his time on set, and he is also the one who actually made the show entertaining and great at the start, without him, the show would never even have gotten where it did.

• Harvey says:

He is the one who actually made Castle great in the start, and Season 6 might have been most watched, but it had it’s reasons, all the backstory and the wedding happening.

21. SAM says:

Love the show but that was a seriously stupid and contrived finale/

• Beckstle says:

Ditto. I hope they can clean up the mess and get back on track. Get rid of the Beckett unknowingly being married before – despite being vetted by the FBI – and get them married ASAP.

22. delilah says:

they are ruining a good show like the closer. what a mess when something is good why ruin it.

• Jake says:

Because Marlowe doesn’t think he can write good storylines for C & B if they are married. What he is actually proving is that he can’t write good storylines by delaying their marriage.

23. DC says:

Enough obstacles! Lets get them married!!!

• lame says:

There in lies the problem, when there are obstacles for obstacles sake, for the “gotcha” factor and not for the flow of the story, however weak that story was.

• john z says:

agreed, the finale was cliche all the way.
        so below the level of writing we have come to expect. just let them get married, and stop throwing stupid twists their way. whats next space aliens

24. Guiseppe55 says:

Castle staged the entire thing as a prank to get back at Beckett for the staged murder on his birthday. He did say he’d pay her back and it’d be way worse!

• John NYC says:

Logical reason for him to NOT torch his own car right? And that wasn’t his car: wrong model…. so he torched some flood damaged junker he bought off eBay?

Could be. Not entirely giving up on the kidnap (and the car switch just being the production being too cheap to torch a good car). Guess we’ll see.

• lame says:

If that were true it would make up for the ’54 Chevy burning by the roadside and actually save that episode. lol

25. Aly says:

I really don’t care as long as it is resolved quickly and we get back to how fun the series can be. All this pseudo drama is getting on my nerves.

26. Gloria says:

My thinking is that rick loved katie and he wanted to married her. So my question is will they be married. The last finale was when he asked katie to marry him.
    I can’t wait for the new season to start, Then needs to be a wedding I have waited all this time for a wedding.

27. if it was the plastic surgeon, faking his death wouldn’t help, it would make it more convoluted, heh. first episode of the next season would be about finding Rick only to instead find his double? it be easier to just kidnap the real one and send the double to the wedding.

28. yurie says:

No one had any doubt about Castle dying. Hell, remember when the announcer said “Castle and Beckett will return to solve crimes in the fall” … even the channel knows about not bothering with the silly charade LOL!!!

29. I would vote but I just don’t care anymore. Andrew Marlowe’s hack job of the season six finale really turned me off the series. All I wanted was for Castle and Beckett to get married in the finale. I understand you need drama but couldn’t they have gotten married and then the duo forced off the road in the final seconds? That way Marlowe could have continued to find uses for Molly Quinn’s character, Alexis – she could have opened season seven looking for her father and step-mother.

• Harvey says:

And then some say on this page. that wedding not happening was the ”least of the problem” when most people are having problem with that. Still, the marriage would happen you know.

30. Luis says:

All I will say is this. I did vote for plastic surgery double option, but if they actually go with duplicate Castle – for even an episode – I will find people’s addresses and I will egg their houses.

31. Kat says:

The show is no more or no less then how it started it just developed. My guess is that his dad needs to be involved again and wanted to be at the wedding, just a cute twist of plot line.

32. rabi'a says:

it has been real fun watching castle. i love rick and beckett but no matter what happens in the next season just dont kill castle. I’ve been waiting for that wedding for long. no matter what twist there is just let there be a wedding and please no plastic surgery to change castle’s face. just there be a happily ever after ending.

33. tvdiva says:

I love Castle and have watched it since day one. However, to make fans sit through an entire season of wedding woes and not deliver in the finale was a huge slap in the face. Hearing Nathan colain about working four days a week at the incredible salary he makes was also a huge turn off. (Maybe he should watch Orphan Black and see how grateful the star of that series is, even though she is playing multiple characters in every scene of every episode.) I wish there was another selection in the poll – “Done with Castle due to mistreatment of fans”.

• john z says:

totally agree with you . it was like a season long insult to the fans with the way it ended. so turned off as well. stopped watching reruns, etc. Dont think I will buy the DVDs etc. .

34. missteff says:

been a fan since season 5 (that’s where I started on abc that is) can say I love all the seasons, yes this season 6 too. the finale though, made me cry-so cheesy-was a good laugh at it…..anyways I can’t wait to find out then I will complain one way or the other. Hopefully they can be saved…..cheers to all!

35. So many fans felt betrayed Option G Could Be; I could care less, Option H could be Andrew and Terri were in the SUV, this will teach NF to complain about hours, nice cameo as in the Lives of others, Realistically I am not sure how the heck they get back from the mess of the last episode, and no not the wedding, all the contrived BS that went before Ring of Fire plays. The fandom is pretty loyal but even many long timers voted it the worst cliff hanger of the season and several sent nasty grams to ABC. Who really knows why AM stepped down, you will never get the full story but it sounds like the old Special Assignment for Senior Executives when you can’t fire them, or afford to keep them in the roles. This is ALL MY opinion before the crazies come out, if you enjoyed the season and episode, happy for you, I felt like it was a wasted investment

36. Joe says:

After 6 years of the tease i was ready for them to become a crime solving duo as husband and wife…..but this just pushed me away. You can only tease for so long. I may watch but when I get this fed up I usually find something new. Plenty of shows and channels on.

• Harvey says:

Oh come on, nobody was looking at the marriage, only getting them together. Most might not have thought about marriage until the proposal in the end of Season 5.

37. niles is my name says:

maybe-rogan (what do we really know about the guy) was 3xk (haven’t seen rogan for 15yrs right? and the whole “married” thing was to get to the wedding……then the bikers ect was just to throw the wedding to the Hampton’s all along then a kidnapping of Castle……just thinking.
    anyway love the show and can’t wait till it comes back.

38. Skyler says:

I honestly think it’s Bracken.
    I think this because maybe Bracken escaped and never was sent to jail/prison. I think Bracken kidnapped Castle.
    I don’t see why there is a thought that Castle’s dad would ruin his wedding day.

39. michael callery says:

would love to see fillion as green lantern…. he sure has the butt for tights! omg… did I say that out loud?

40. dduncan says:

why couldn’t the writers for once just give us the happy ending that we want. it took years for beckett and castle to get together and now they are finally getting married. and the writers messed up the whole thing. hadn’t they already been through enough just to get to the wedding day. I am very very upset that they messed this up.

41. Jon says:

Please let Kate and Castle be happy she has been so un lucky in every thing it is about time her and castle have the love they both need

42. Jeannie Avery says:

I think it should be Kate having a bad dream

43. Sandra Fox says:

Enough already! Please get these two married!! Then they could be this generation’s Nick and Nora Charles – or at least Hart to Hart….

44. john60476 says:

It has something to do with Daddy dearest.

• Fogel29 says:

Maybe Daddy has a girl he thinks would be better for his son. So when was the
      last time the two “stars” of this three ring circus made an appearance together to
      promote the show? Oh I forgot. Nathen is toooooo busy to be bothered promoting
      the Becket Hour.

Just a thought.

• missteff says:

go spy-daddy

45. joelle113 says:

I think 3xk is behind this crash and I felt bad 4 Kate and its their special day and wedding day

46. Tom says:

I have a different opinion on what happened. I think it was the people who kidnapped Alexis that had something to do with it (excluding the man that was blown up with with the phone-bomb, and excluding the men surrounding him), they’re exacting revenge on him for his involvement in rescuing his daughter. I’m just saying…

47. Sue Gask- says:

Love every minute of it dont change a thing Mr Marlow you gave me a lovely series will always be grateful if you dont like it dont watch it have watched the last 2 episodes over and over love it Sue

48. Millie Klock says:

At the is point I don’t care. The ending was just plain laziness and unnecessary!!

49. Sue Gask- says:

Your not realy Castle fans are you it made me laugh it made me cry and I cant wait for the next Series sue

• missteff says:

I laughed, cried too. can’t wait till 7!

• Huskygrl says:

I also have to wonder about how serious a supposed fan is if they are willing to give up on a show because of a bad finale. But I also view Castle as a dramedy and not some “based on a true story” dramatic re-enactment, so I didn’t get too twisted up over the realism of Beckett’s Vegas marriage. I thought it made for a silly but fun wedding hurdle, and I thought it was a nice way to show the fun (and human) side of the young Beckett. I was bummed out that Castle appears to be in danger, but I am hopeful that season 7 will actually bring us a simpler, more private and romantic wedding, more fitting for our couple – right after Rick and Kate work together to kick some kidnapper booty!

• Bcat says:

Thank you for not freaking out over the finale. I completely understand why people are upset, I certainly wasn’t thrilled at all that the writers did this to us fans, but I still love the show. I thought Veritas was absolutely outstanding, and For Better or Worse was just for fun. Was it a bit contrived? Yeah, a bit. Believable that Beckett could have a secret marriage after so many years and being vetted by the NYPD and FBI? No. Regardless, it was funny and ridiculous, and made for what I thought was a very human and sweet moment when Beckett broke down (although I don’t like that AM used a Vegas marriage to “take Beckett down a peg”. Really? Why phrase it that way?). Am I a little miffed that they didn’t have the wedding they deserve? Yes, I won’t pretend I’m not. However, I LOVE this cast. The show is one of my all-time favorites. I’m going to stick with it, see what they do, and keep watching with the same passion I have always had for it.

…but there damn well better be a wedding in Caskett’s near future. Just sayin’.

50. tackandcover says:

I sure hope Castle is OK. More importantly, I’ll marry her in half a heartbeat. She can be Kate Beckett or Stana Katic. I’ll take either or both.