Save the Dates! More Than 50 July Premieres and Finales

TV Calendar 2014 July

Summer is the new fall… or, well, at least the new midseason, as TV endeavors to offer up more fresh fare during the warmer months.

Case in point: On tap for this July, Halle Berry’s out-of-this-world Extant is ready for lift-off, the acclaimed Masters of Sex comes again, Lifetime’s Witches brew new trouble and FX unleashes (watch your eyeballs!) The Strain. It’s also a time for goodbyes, as 24: Live Another Day winds down and Beauty and her Beast slip away until winter.

RELATED 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

All told, I’ve hand-curated more than 50 premieres and finales, with a few specials sprinkled in. There’s also a tinted box denoting some discerningly selected August premieres, as well. Premieres/specials are in BOLD. Click on the thumbnail below, and save the dates.
TV Calendar 2014 JulyPreemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills have never been infallible, so if you spy something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (maybe) include it in an (eventual) update.

1. Lauren says:

Project Runway?

2. wrstlgirl says:

Honestly, Sunday night’s programming is way to much. It’s a good thing that the cable channels repeat episodes because that’s the only way I can do it. Adding July’s shows to what I already watch/DVR that’s a total of 10, all on Sunday night. Whew!!

3. Tara says:

oooh, nice to see that witches of east end starts in a few days. i’m excited now. i actually thought that it would’ve started in august.

4. Tran says:

Hope July 14th would be the end for 24. Wonder if Fox is not going to do more of the real time thriller.

5. Smigglesby says:

WEtv’s first scripted series, The Divide with Marin Ireland and Damon Gupton premieres on July 16th I believe.

6. Katie_Mead says:

The first season finale of WGN America’s Salem airs on July 20th at 10/9c (Uh-oh! What’s the world coming to? I like a Marilyn Manson ditty … immensely so).

• westwingwolf says:

Everything I found says the finale airs July 13th though.

• Katie_Mead says:

You could very well be right. Some sources still show a schedule break for the 4th July weekend (Sun 6th), but WGN America (who should know best, being the broadcaster) agree with you.

7. Justin says:

you put Drunk History, but not Nathan for You??? they premier the same night…

8. Ray says:

Thanks for the handy dandy guide, Matt. It looks like we’ll be needing these year round now!

9. Britta Unfiltered says:

I can’t decide if I’m more excited for Masters of Sex or Drunk History. I will also watch Ray Donovan, but not with the same amount of excitement.
    Why is AMC pushing The Walking Dead so much right now? Doesn’t it premiere in October? July seems awfully early to be previewing and promoting it. If they’re worried people will forget about it, then I don’t think they have to worry about that.

• Nick says:

I think it’s just a matter of doing a July 4th marathon of their most popular (currently running) show. Between Walking Dead and Mad Men, Walking Dead has new episodes sooner.

10. Joe R says:

You always shun Bravo. “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” returns July 13, and “Don’t Be Tardy” returns July 17.

11. Tina says:

The Honourable Woman on Sundance premieres the 31st.

12. Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    Watching the summer TV shows is my addiction. Summer is the new Fall.

13. E says:

When is White Collar coming back for the final 6 episodes? It’s usually on in the summer. Did I just miss it. Thanks!

14. Tel says:

Watched the final episode of 24,or should that be 12, CRACKING. But was it the Final ?. The clock said !! PM.

15. Heather gray says:

Where is the august calendar for 2014 and I been looking for it this month. Let me know when you are going to publish august calendar for 2014

16. Kristin says:

You spoil us! I depend on the calendars to make sure I don’t miss the finales! I too have been waiting for it to be posted!