Exclusive

Halt and Catch Fire Sneak Peek: Lee Pace Channels His Inner Don Draper

Loading video...

Perhaps aware that you’re already dreading the end of Mad Men, AMC has begun serving up a sexy substitute for Jon Hamm in the form of Halt and Catch Fire leading man Lee Pace. Don’t see the parallel yet? You will.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

In this clip from Sunday’s episode of the 1980s-set drama (10/9c), the actor’s Joe MacMillan makes a sales pitch that’s so smooth, even Don Draper would be impressed. (He actually manages to make the dreaded “third shelf” sound kinda hot!)

Don’t believe it? Press PLAY below, and check it out for yourself. Then hit the comments with your vote: Don or Non-Don?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Kathy says:

I watch Halt and Catch Fire. I watch Mad Men. I knew from the first show that Joe MacMillan was suppose to be a sort of Don Draper. It just doesn’t work for me. It actually irritates me that they are so obviously doing this. I do not like the Joe MacMillan character at all. I could never see him as anything like Don Draper.

2. Loved Lee Pace in Pushing Daisies and Lincoln, but not sure about this. I don’t like don’t anti-heroes on a weekly basis. So I’ll probably pass on this.

3. Geo says:

I love Lee Pace, but the whole Don Draper 2.0 of his character made it rough going even sitting through the first episode and I haven’t returned since then. Frankly, a lot of my problems with “Halt and Catch Fire” was that it felt like it was too obviously recycling a lot of elements of other shows rather than finding its own vibe. Saying Pace’s character will remind us even more of Don Draper in the next episode doesn’t exactly entice me back in.

4. Cheeky says:

We don’t need another Don Draper, let’s see something new. And what a waste of Lee Pace too, the guy is fantastic but this show is pretty much wasted on him, and Scoot Mcnairy too

5. carol says:

The show is amazing, love it! No channels, halt and catch fire is unique and really good, give a try!

6. Karen says:

I love the show! Very excited about it! Love Lee Pace! Love them all! I will miss Don’t Draper…but, finding Joe really exciting!

7. matt says:

I don’t think Pace is a Don Draper clone but he is most certainly an anti-hero: its like rooting for the bad good guy. However I will say this show is captivating and is both character and plot driven. Can’t wait for tonight!

8. name_required says:

There’s not enough buzz around this show, and what little there is, is unnecessarily too focused around Joe Macmillan, while he is still trying to find his footing as a character, to be something more than Draper 2.0. He has lots of potential, but he is by no means the strongest part of the show. Hopefully the show lasts long enough to prove itself, so far I’m really liking it :)

9. Love Halt and Catch Fire. Love Lee Pace as Joe McMillan. Definitely a Don Draper salesman with a killer smile. A true corporate shark.

10. Annie says:

I’m thoroughly hooked on this show. I don’t see the “Don Draper” reference at all – y’all do realize there were anti-heroes before “Mad Men,” right?