Girl Meets World Cast Talks Surprise Returns, the New Mr. Feeny and More

It’s finally here: Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World, the long-awaited Boy Meets World spin-off, premieres Friday at 9:45/8:45c — and TVLine got all of our burning questions answered by the show’s stars.

RELATED We’ve Met Girl Meets World! Two Takes on the Disney Channel Series’ Premiere

TVLine invited the Girl cast — Ben Savage, Rowan Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter — to our New York office to shed some light on the new series, including whether or not Cory’s older brother Eric will be joining the long list of returning characters from the original show.

We also quizzed the stars on their Boy Meets World knowledge, and considering Blanchard wasn’t even born until after it ended, you might be surprised to see how well Cory’s on-screen daughter fared.

Check out the interview above, then drop comment below with your hopes, fears and thoughts on Girl Meets World.

1. Shannon says:

I’m not seeing the video…

2. Joey Padron says:

Good interview with the cast. Excited to watch show tonight.

3. Patty Stamps says:

Thanks, Andy! I was so distracted that Sabrina Carpenter looks like a young Britt Robertson. I’m excited the premiere is finally here!

4. c-mo says:

Nicely done, Andy! So excited to watch this tonight!!!

5. A says:

Adorable! Can’t wait!

6. Lulu2 says:

Please bring Eric back!! He was the best part of the later seasons.

7. Ricardo says:

This show will be like every other Disney diva crap they will obviously ruin it in a heartbeat

• Jonathan81 says:

so then enjoy it until it becomes crap. when it does go that ‘disney diva’ route you think its going to happen, you can proudly say ‘i saw it a mile away.’ but when it doesn’t happen, you can go eat your words. i got the ketchup here for you too at the ready.

• Andy Swift says:

I have faith they’ll take good care of the franchise. The cast said the episodes get better after the pilot (as is often the case), so give it some time.

8. brycealexander says:

I so highly doubt we’ll see Angela, Rachel or Jack, which is unfortunate because they were great characters. Angela wasn’t even included in the finale (for whatever reason) and Rachel and Jack seem hardly remembered. I’d like to get a report card on all of them, though. I’d like to believe that Angela and Shawn reconnected at some point and that Jack and Rachel ended up together, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

9. Angela says:

considering Blanchard wasn’t even born until after it ended
    Mmkay, thanks, I feel old now :p.
    Seriously, thanks for the video-shall watch it sometime soon here! Hope the show does well.

10. PPPG says:

Just watched …

11. leslie fayer says:

I love girl meets world I hope it is on for a long tlme

12. Melissa Jordan says:

I’m 28 yrs. Old. I grew up watching boy meets world. I loved it. Please bring back Mr. Feeny. I think it will make girl meets world better. I watch it with my kids. It don’t beat the original but I think its pretty good so far. But in my opinion bringing old characters back for good atleast a few of them will make the show awesome. Its just like with movies if they do a sequel. Its never really all that great without some of the original characters. But that’s just my opinion.