Fall TV Poll: Friday — Amazing Race Vs. Tim Allen and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2014

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. And the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

All this week, TVLine has been presenting you with the grids for each night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and the likely cable competition. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you are irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED Fall TV Poll: Thursday — Grey’s Vs. Bones Vs. Big Bang, Murder Vs. Sherlock and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2014NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why Whose Line, which moves back to Fridays on Oct. 3, is included. At press time, it was not clear if Haven Season 5 would be airing on Fridays. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Constantine, Cristela, Utopia

RELATED Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When, Versus What

Want scoop on fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com!

1. Nick says:

I don’t understand why more people don’t watch Whose Line. It’s one of the best half hour shows on TV, hands down. Fridays doesn’t have much competition for me. Whose Line hands down, then maybe Constantine (which is the only new NBC show I’m remotely interested in). I might get caught up on Last Man Standing and start watching that again, but it’s a DVR for my lunch break kind of show. Here is my pitch: America, stop watching the Amazing Race and start watching Whose Line!! It’s worth it, I promise!!

• MrMank says:

Not only is Whose Line a phenomenal show, but it’s so cheap to produce, comparatively. This show should never go off the air. Perfect alternative fare.

• sanchopanza says:

I have never laughed once at Whose Line. It does nothing for me at all. Race, however, is exciting, interesting, and entertaining year after year. How about you dump Whose Line and start watching Race? It’s worth it, I promise! Of course, you might have to use a brain cell or two.

• Nick says:

I’ve watched Race and I’m not a fan. Just doesn’t do it for me. But to imply that I don’t use my brain cells is ridiculous, especially since YOU are the one pitching reality TV. I can’t speak to your tastes, of course, but part of what makes Whose Line so funny to me is the fact that it’s all improvised.

• Nick says:

I’m curious to know which comedy shows you like, actually, because it could answer some serious questions I have. Thanks!

• Angela says:

I don’t care if you aren’t a “Whose Line” fan, to each their own…but anyone who starts making insinuations about people’s intelligence based on the shows they watch, well, that doesn’t say much about them to me.

• Gabriel says:

I’ve watched it. Didn’t find it very interesting. Wasn’t the worst half-hour of my life or anything, but it was pretty lackluster — enough so that I wouldn’t go back.

• Martoukian says:

I’ve never gotten much from Improv shows–they’re a great breeding ground for material, but watching them is like going to the garden to pick tomatoes when what you really want is spaghetti sauce.

• Ari says:

I like both but Amazing Race is the kind of show you have to watch live.

2. sarah says:

H50
    Blue Bloods
    Before that I will be watching shows I have DVR’d all week.

3. Tran says:

Amazing Race and Hawaii Five-O are on my watch list for a Friday night. Constantine looks promising and passed on Cristela.

4. Aimee says:

Strange that I am interested in more show on Friday than I am most other nights of the week. I want to check out Cristela because I have heard good things about it. I will also DVR the Amazing Race. After that it’s Grimm and Constantine all the way!

• sanchopanza says:

Isn’t it nice to have a Friday night with decent choices for a change, after years of dreck? Hooray for Grimm leading the way to real improvement!

5. Nick says:

And what is Smackdown doing on SyFy?

• Moment says:

$$$$$. Syfy were the highest bidders and with Vince McMahon being a business man, he goes where the money is.

6. Kate says:

I haven’t actually watched the Amazing Race in years, it will be interesting to return.

7. cycworker says:

I haven’t watched Friday night TV in years. I’ll likely use 8pm to watch Big Bang from Thurs.

So the Friday shows I will at least sample are:

8:30 – Cristela
    9:00 – Utopia
    10:00 – Constantine

8. kirads09 says:

Will Hannibal be back on Fridays or is it getting a time slot change?

9. herman1959 says:

At 8 – 9 I’ll look at Master Chef Jr. with my son. Other than that, there is nothing I’m interesting in seeing on Friday. It looks like DVR, Hulu, Direct TV make up night to me (not complaining!); I think we need one.

10. JC1 says:

I watch both Grimm and Hawaii Five-0, and of the two Grimm gets watched first.

11. Ram510 says:

ABC comedies, Grimm, and Blue Bloods live and maybe DVR Constantine and Top Model, but not sure yet

12. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

GRIMM on NBC everything else on Fridays suck.

13. Pat says:

Friday nights I will be DVRing, Hawaii Five O and Blood Bloods. I will watch Grimm and I will probably check out Constantine. PS I am not even sure if DVRing is a word so I apologize.

14. Ally Oop says:

Constantine came out of upfronts with one of the best trailers IMO and I’m excited to watch. I wonder what NBC’s expectations for the Friday 10pm slot. Hopefully they’re realistic.

15. DavidSask says:

I hope Amazing Race kicks some ass and increases ratings from Sundays. I am surprised how many are saying they are going to watch Constantine, Blue Bloods needs a kick in the ass though and NBC needs help. I hope Fox for once can keep non repeats shows on this night for the entire year, you are a network, TRY already!

16. A-C says:

Only Whose Line and Constantine for me. Like wednesdays, it’ll mostly be a catch-up night to watch the shows I dvr-ed the night before

17. Moment says:

I hope people support The Amazing Race on Friday, at least for long enough for it to get its old slot back when Madam Secretary flops, which it will. As when 60 minutes isn’t football inflated it often hits as low as 1.1 18-49 and The Good Wife isn’t much better in that regard, often hitting 1.3/1.4. It’ll be a very old skewing night for CBS which should help ABC.

18. I thought Amazing Race was moving to Mondays! Yeesh is CBS TRYING to kill off the best, but most expensive to produce, reality show on TV?

• Tran says:

Amazing Race will do better on Fridays even though it was so great on Sundays. Wonder if the new season of Undercover Boss should be placed on either Fridays or Sundays (if Madam Secretary presumably gets canceled).

• Moment says:

It won’t do better in the 18-49, it may get back over 10 million viewers again though. Fridays skew fairly old for CBS, much like Sundays do(Besides TAR).

19. webly3 says:

8 – The Amazing Race
    9 – Grimm
    10 – Constantine

easy day.

20. Sheldon W. says:

8-8:30 – nothing listed here
    8:30-9 – Cristela (the pilot is way too on the nose, but sometimes you have to hard sell the pilot, so I’m hoping that the series will be a hair less obviously hammer & tongs.)
    9-10 – Grimm
    10-11 – Constantine

21. albean99 says:

I still enjoy Amazing Race after all these years. Last Man Standing lost me when he went political on the show. Love Grimm.