Boy Meets World's 14 Best Episodes: Graduation, the Wedding and More

14. "The Happiest Show On Earth" (Season 3, Episode 21)
WHAT HAPPENED | Three months after their breakup, Cory can't keep his mind off Topanga. So when she wins a trip to Disney World, he and Shawn follow her there so Cory can tell her how he feels.
WHY IT ROCKED | Any ABC family sitcom worth its salt in the '90s had its characters visit Disney World, but this episode also had every other hallmark of a great BMW episode: Cory and Shawn's friendship, Cory's enduring love for Topanga and Eric trying to pull off some inane scheme — in this case, covering for Cory using a homemade dummy.

It’s been 14 years since Boy Meets World said goodbye, but we’ve never stopped thinking about Cory and the gang.

To celebrate the premiere of Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World (Friday, 9:45/8:45c), TVLine crafted a list of our 14 top episodes of the original series, one for every year it’s been off the air.

RELATED Girl Meets World Cast Talks Surprise Returns, the New Mr. Feeny and More

In our quest to highlight what made the ABC comedy so great, we’ve included fan favorites like “Cory’s Alternative Friends,” in which Cory meets Topanga for the first time, as well as little-mentioned gems like “Resurrection,” which sees Shawn visiting baby Joshua Gabriel in the hospital for the first time.

So check out our list via the blue button under the photo above or by clicking here.

Don’t see your favorite episode in our list? Hit the comments and tell us which episodes we missed and why.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Lists

1. Amanda says:

I watch “And Then There Was Shawn” every Halloween. My favorite episode!

• Angela says:

My family quotes that one on a regular basis. “We’ll always remember he was this tall…” :D. “Chick Like Me” was a hilarious episode, too. And on a more serious note, I also loved the one with Shawn’s dad passing.
      One of my favorite Feeny-related episodes was the one where Cory, Topanga, and Shawn all go on that game show that dumbs things down for the viewers, and they’re reveling in the fame they’re getting for it, and finally one day Feeny gets really upset at the fact that nobody seems interested in actually learning anything anymore, despite living in an age where we have technology at our fingertips and can get that kind of important information in an instant. That rant really resonated with me, and I think it’s one people could stand to hear a LOT more often, especially now. Everyone should be so lucky to have a teacher like Feeny.

2. Mikaela says:

Mr. Turner’s accident always stands out for me. While it was Shawn centric it had so much heart in it. And the way that Shawn started to pray was always my favorite emotional episode.

• Angela says:

Yeah, really surprised that one’s not in here! The whole cult thing was a good storyline, too. I like when Cory hugs him and is like, “This is a hug, Shawn!”

• justemilyc says:

I love all these episodes too but yeah, I was surprised the cult one wasn’t included. It was one of the most emotional episodes of the series. Definitely one of the best underlying messages too about what really makes a family. I was just sad it was the last time we see Mr. Turner.

3. Babybop says:

You forgot the episode where they play the Newlywed Game! That’s a classic. Personally, my favorite episode is “They’re Killing Us”, with all the disaster before the wedding: “That… is the most beautiful dress… I have ever. seen.” “BITE ME!”

4. Kate says:

I’ve always loved “A Long Walk to Pttsburgh”. Also, the series finale, though rushed, is also great if only for the final scene in the classroom.

5. Amanda says:

OMG! I love the episode where Eric renames himself Plays with Squirrels! Doesn’t he also ask if he has a niche?

6. Adina says:

My favorite episodes didn’t make this list (although the list is pretty great). Mr. Turner’s motorcycle accident always makes me cry, and I think that is the first time Sean truly understands his need for the Matthews family. The other episode I love is the finale. The final scene is just perfect.

7. V says:

My favorite one came on this morning: Shallow Boy. He’s a Loser Freak, Loser Freak. He’s a maladjusted woman-hatin’ Loser Freak! Laugh every time!!

8. A says:

Ok And Then There was Shawn was one if those moments in time where I will always remember where I was when I first saw it. I was at my best friends house and we must have been around 11 years old and we were watching TGIF as we always did every Friday night (cause what would you have to talk about Monday at school if you didn’t watch TGIF?). We were actually home alone and we kept screening and throwing blankets over our heads through out the whole episode. It was so much fun. Great memory.

Also, as a middle school history teacher, looking back I love the Anne Frank episode from one of the first seasons. It had a wonderful message and it was fun to see Feeny let Cory be the teacher for a week. Now that I think about it, that was a foreshadow of Cory’s new role as a teacher on Girl Meets World.

9. A says:

Also Eric’s relationship with Mr Feeny will always be my favorite part if Boy Meets World. As a middle school History teacher, Mr. Feeny is one of my role models for sure.

10. echox860 says:

Cory’s Alternative Friends isn’t the first time they’ve met. They met years before that.

11. Jordan says:

Mr Turner’s motorcycle accident was my favorite episode of the series. The focus on Shawn feeling like he doesn’t fit in somewhere, and then realizing he does was great. Not to mention Feeney threatening the guy from the Center.

12. Nicole says:

I loved all the episodes mentioned but a list without Last Tango in Philly just isn’t complete. That Hot Stuff dance will live in my memory forever and I still just randomly say Sergio and Nunzio when talking with my sister.

13. Aimee says:

I can’t remember the name of the episode but it is the one where Shawn falls in with the cult. He pulls away from Corey and thinks about quiting school. What I loved the most was the scene where Corey’s dad goes down to the teen center and fights to get Shawn back. Shawn finally sees how much this family cares for him. I cried.

14. Kate says:

Great list. But in #12, you mean “effects,” not “affect.”

15. Christine says:

Mr. Turner’s accident is a favorite of mine as well. I’ll also never forget when all the men get up on stage and dance to “Hot Stuff” at the club. Oh or the episode where Cory and Topanga get back together. Jonathan Jackson talking about Van Gogh paintings gets me everytime.

16. Stacy says:

So so many great episodes. I watch the finale when I want a good cry. There’s an earlier episode where Alan takes Cory and talks to him about how he got to be “just a grocer” in this middle class life and teaches Cory about appreciation and values. Any scene with the first Morgan. The episode where Harley’s younger sister falls for Cory and goes way overboard. And yes, the Mr. Turner accident episode so many others have mentioned. The early episodes where Shawn’s mom returned for a short time.

17. Annabelle says:

I don’t know if it’s my favorite episode, but my #1 scene ever can ge described with one word – Underpants!

18. rich says:

i loved the topanga comes home from pittsburgh and cory explains what love is too his parents. the final episode both parts and how shawn and cory start crying cause they will now be a part till topanga throws the bag at him. then finally early on when cory even though on B team still winds up making it to the game. the school they played was my school.that is when cory and his dad really formed the bond we see throughout the series.

19. My favorite episode is the one where Shawn gets a girlfriend and she refuses to let him spend time with Corey. The Cinnabun exchange is classic + Corey and Shawn on the phone is priceless