Exclusive

Sneak Peek: Ian McKellen Previews His Vicious Insult Comedy's PBS Debut

Loading video...

It will be one Vicious summer on PBS — and TVLine has an exclusive video in which two-time Academy Award nominee Ian McKellen previews his outrageous insult comedy, which has already aired in the UK but bows here Sunday at 10:30/9:30c.

RELATED | Homeland’s Damian Lewis Is PBS’ King Henry VIII

The British sitcom follows Freddie (played by McKellen, The Hobbit) and Stuart (Derek Jacobi, Last Tango in Halifax), a gay couple who’ve been living together for nearly 50 years, as they spend their retirement constantly bickering, entertaining guests and making sure their old dog Balthazar is still alive.

The series also stars Frances de la Tour (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) as their best friend Violet and Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones) as Ash, their young upstairs neighbor.

Press PLAY to watch McKellen’s sneak peek and then hit the comments and tell us if you’ll be tuning in!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Premieres, Video

1. leigh says:

Looks funny. 😊

2. HAP says:

At first I thought it was canned laughter that I found very annoying. But, I did some research and determined that this is shot in front of a live audience. However, I think they manipulate the sound levels in the studio. Either way, the laughter became a distraction for me.

3. Joey says:

Wasn’t the entire first series already placed on Youtube?

4. Maggie says:

I’ve already seen the show, and think it’s a guilty pleasure. It has an amazing cast, and razor sharp quips. What’s not to love?

5. CBWBDK1 says:

This show was hilarious!!! The actor who plays Ramsay Snow on GOT is so funny on this show!!!

6. Walter Freeman says:

I love me some Derek Jacobi as much as the next fella, but:

It shoulda been Patrick Stewart.

7. drew says:

The worst show around currently – it is an embarrassment for all involved. The fact that PBS deems it worthy of purchase from UK producers and screening on air is a total mystery. Give this show a wide berth – you cannot unring that bell.

8. I’ve been watchiung this right from the very start and have to say they compliment each other in both actors and characters. They play off each other really well and the British sarcasm and wit they have nailed. Looking forward to series 3.

9. Jake says:

KInda weak, actually. Not as good as I expected.