Fall TV Poll: Wednesday — Maggie Q Vs. Connie B. and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2014

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. And the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

All this week, TVLine is presenting you with the grids for each night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and the likely cable competition. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you are irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED Fall TV Tuesday — S.H.I.E.L.D. Vs. Supernatural and Other DVR Dilemmas
Fall TV Schedule 2014NOTES ABOUT THE WEDNESDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, American Horror Story: Freak Show (which bows in early October) is included, while Suits and Graceland (which will be on hiatus by early September) are not. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: AHS: Freak Show, Black-ish, The Mysteries of Laura, Red Band Society, Stalker

RELATED Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When, Versus What

Want scoop on fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com!

1. Jen says:

I want to watch EVERYTHING at 10. This is gonna be tough without a DVR. Lots of weekend On Demand catching up..

2. Shuayb says:

Wednesday is becoming another full nite…. Arrow is still something I like watching above everything else… I hope Mysteries of Laura does reasonably well because Debra Messing is an under rated gem…
    I mite switch between the two…
    Looking forward to Stalker, I hope Kevin Williamson doesnt get ahead of himself and jump the shark… This should be good….

3. Simon says:

There are so many gaps on Mondays and Tuesdays schedules where theres nothing I want to watch, but Wednesdays are full, I too would watch everything.

4. Nick says:

I’m not even remotely caught up on The 100 or Arrow, but I plan to be by the time the fall season rolls around. Sounds like it’s gonna be an entirely CW evening for me, though I’m also considering catching up and watching “The Goldbergs” and I definitely want to see what Red Band Society is like. I don’t think Modern Family is that funny anymore.

5. Kissan says:

8:00-Mysteries Of Laura LIVE, The Goldbergs DVR

9:00-Modern Family and Blackish LIVE, The 100 DVR

10:00-American Horror Story LIVE, Nashville DVR, Stalker Online

6. Tran says:

I’m tuning in for Chicago P.D. on a Wednesday night. Don’t know if Stalker is going to be a hit or miss in the 10 p.m. time slot. Passed on Mysteries of Laura and Black-ish. Really not so sure how Red Band Society is going to fare in the 9 p.m. time slot.

7. webly3 says:

8:00 – Survivor LIVE, DVR: The Middle, The Goldbergs, Arrow (I watch Arrow on Fridays), Mysteries of Laura (going to try it)
    9:00 – The 100 LIVE, DVR: Modern Family
    10:00 – AHS: Freakshow, DVR: Stalker (going to try it), Nashville (if I decide to catch up this summer)

Wednesday is probably my busiest night.

8. sarah says:

Arrow
    Modern Family
    Chicago PD “Live”
    Nashville DVR
    Stalker DVR

9. Kate says:

Ah, Wednesdays. I will vaguely confess, I have this whole thing sort of rigged, but I am watching live by 9:15 (I have recorded Supernatural on Tuesday, at about 7:40 p.m., I start to watch that, and then when it is done I watch my recording of Arrow which, in the live world is 8:23. Sometimes I catch up with Arrow, sometimes it doesn’t happen until the 100 – I avoid commercials, but especially commercials about the following week’s Supernatural).

10. Jake says:

I love Maggie Q. Stalker all the way!

11. ladyluck527 says:

I’ll watch The Goldbergs,SVU,and Chicago PD live. getting DirecTV, so I can record AHS, Stalker and Nashville.

12. Shira says:

10:00- Nashville LIVE . That’s the only thing on Wednesday I’m certain of.

13. Daniel says:

Arrow, The 100 and Stalker.

14. Tessa says:

Arrow at eight
    Nothing at nine
    Nashville at ten

15. André Lima says:

All Wednesday live @ CBS
    Modern Family – DVR

16. K.A. says:

The reason I DVR American Horror Story is because its not something I want to watch just before bed. I usually end up watching it the next day when I get off work or the following weekend. I may be a wuss but I need it to be daylight when I enjoy this wonderful show.

17. TL says:

The CW all the way baby!

18. GeoDiva says:

Only watching The Middle and Nashville live. The reat of my night is watching what’s on my dvr.

• Angela says:

Yeah, Wednesday looks to be a DVR night for me for the most part, too. Only thing in this schedule I watch is “Criminal Minds” (there’s a few other shows listed here that I might like to check out, but I’d want to go back and see the previous seasons first-I’m so behind in checking out new shows. Should I get around to that, though, then my schedule for this night could well be subject to change).

19. Braddock says:

10pm Wednsday is solely reserved for Chicago PD. As for stalker I love maggie Q but am worried with it having Dylan McDermott, guy doesn’t have the best track record with long lasting tv shows.

20. Pat says:

Arrow at 8PM. Modern Family at 9PM. Criminal Minds will be on my DVR. Usually I also DVR CSI but now they moved this to Sunday Night. Stalker is taking its place but the title of this show is turning me off. I am not sure if I am going to watch this.

21. Brandy says:

Nashville.

22. Ally Oop says:

Wednesdays are my third busiest night. The Goldbergs I will watch on Tuesdays because CTV chose to keep it there for the upcoming season rather than moving it to Wednesdays. And The 100 will be watched via Netflix, as Netflix has the Canadian rights (the episode appears 24 hours after it airs in the U.S.). That leaves the following shows which I will DVR Wednesdays (note: times are central time so they come on an hour earlier and I have timeshift which gives me secondary options):
    7pm Arrow
    8pm Republic of Doyle
    9pm Nashville
    11pm Red Band Society
    12am Grey`s Anatomy (will be moved to the Wednesdays 10pm Eastern timeslot come November when Big Bang Theory returns to Thursdays)

• Robby Horine says:

I’ve started to get into Republic of Doyle since it started in syndication in the US. It’s a great show. I try to get others to watch it in my family, they don’t cause they think it’s syndicated trash. They are wrong.

• Ram510 says:

I’m shocked to see that you believe Greys will move (again) to Wednesdays in November. I’m not sure this will happen, but for you tv viewing, here’s hoping it all works out

23. Aimee says:

I am really interested in The Red Band Society so I will definitely check it out. Probably DVR at first until I see how it goes. This may be the year I give up on Criminal Minds.

24. LaVerne says:

You should allow for more that one vote in a time period. In many cases there is more than one show that I will be watching at the time period. That is watch DVR’s are for.

• April says:

I think you are missing the point of the poll. He is trying to find out which is your top priority. So, if you record all the shows at 9:00 which one do you absolutely have to watch first or which one would you be the most upset about if your DVR broke and you couldn’t watch it?

25. There is nothing on Wednesday! SHEESH!

26. Leila J says:

Arrow, The 100, and Nashville. No fuss, no muss, no switching back and forth trying to catch up with what I might have missed in the first 30 minutes of this show or catch the last 30 minutes of that show. They are hour long shows and pretty darn awesome to boot! Well at least in my opinion :)

27. Amanda says:

Middle, Goldbergs, Modern Family, Black-ish and American Horror Story all live

DVR – Arrow, Criminal Minds, L&O, Chicago PD and American Horror Story

Hulu (when I get around to it) – The 100

I love all these shows, I tend to watch the ones that I really want to watch on DVR so that I can rewind it if I miss something and the ones I watch live are the ones that I could go either way with watching because I can always catch up on HULU if I miss it! But American Horror Story I tend to have to watch twice, because I always feel like I miss something the first time, so I watch and DVR, then read the recaps the next day and then go rewatch for the parts that went over my head! I know, ADHD much…lol

28. Aprilcot says:

Nothing at 8
    SVU at 9
    AHS live at 10, Nashville on DVR

29. James D says:

Arrow is a given. Modern Family. not sure what comes after though maybe the 100. Stalker at ten, not sold on it yet but the cast alone is enough to get me to tune in.

30. Mm says:

Wish you guys would include the log line and maybe some of the cast for the new shows; I’m sorry to say that I can’t keep straight which one is which, so don’t know if I will watch it or not!

31. Chris says:

I do not watch anything live, but here are my thoughts.

8:00pm – Survivor is #1. Arrow is DVR’d. Mysteries of Laura a try online.
    9:00pm – SVU is #1. Red Band Society is DVR’d. Black-ish a try online. The 100 dropped off my schedule after episode 4 couldn’t hold my interest anymore.
    10:00pm – Chicago PD is #1. Nashville is DVR’d. Stalker a try online.

This is rough with 9 network shows on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for me…

32. linda2009 says:

Love my Wednesday night lineup of Law & Order: SVU and Nashville. Sometimes I wish they’d put something good on at 8, but then again, that gives me an hour to get stuff done before I park myself on the couch at 9!

33. Robby Horine says:

Wednesdays? First AJ Cook then Maggie Q and Mariska waiting on the DVR. I’ve got it made.

34. Sean says:

Live:
    The Middle
    The Goldbergs
    Modern Family
    Blackish
    Stalker

DVR:
    Survivor
    SVU
    CPD
    AHS: Freak Show

35. Moxie says:

Oh man – Nashville, Chicago Fire and AHS on at the same time?!?! I’ll have to watch Nashville or Chicago Fire live and then catch AHS as a rerun.

36. Ava says:

The 100 & Nashville – can’t wait for both!

37. Mi says:

8PM Arrow
    9PM The 100/Red Band Society
    10PM Stalker

38. Judith Collins says:

Those shows I voted for…..I will be watching them on Hulu…..

39. Ram510 says:

I’ll be watch all ABC live all night! My only dilemma is at 8 & 10 with the ABC comedies and Arrow (as usual) and Nashville and Stalker. But I’m going to assume ABC will start Nashville in October again so that gives me time to decide if I’m going to stick with Stalker, because I love Maggie Q but I am high unsure of Dylan McDermmott. He ruins everything.

And I’d be surprised is Black.ish can stay above a 2.0, but I like Anthony Anderson so I’m rooting for this show

40. A-C says:

Only Criminal Minds on wednesdays, so it’s my catch up day for all the numerous shows I have on tuesdays. Though I might watch Arrow this summer so that might be added there, we’ll see.

41. meatwad says:

Arrow Arrow Arrow

42. meh says:

Not much to get excited about on wednesday (blew most of it yesterday I guess). Arrow of course. AHS. I guess I’ll see if 100 is worth catching up with (I do feel like a slacker, it being the only CW scifi/fantasy show I’m NOT watching.

43. DarkDefender says:

Wednesday is ARROW live, followed by Survivor (DVR) and the time I save by FF’ing through the commercials, allows me to catch up from Sunday & Monday nights which are jam packed on my DVR. I must admit I sometimes also re-watch the week’s Castle episode after Survivor..

44. Ashley Crawford says:

I suppose The Mysteries Of Laura,because it’s on before SVU,than L&O:SVU and Nashville.

45. Jules says:

8pm Arrow…
    DVR The Mysteries of Laura (I’m going to try it out because I really like Debra Messing!)
    9pm The 100
    DVR Red Band Society (try it out)
    10pm Nashville….
    DVR Chicago P.D

46. Bonesfan47 says:

Nashville at 10 and that’s it for me. I love Nashville

• Shira says:

Me too :) And besides, it’s the only show during this time which is not a cop/murder/horror show and it’s a nice (well needed) change

47. Marc says:

I confess that I rarely watch anything alive unless it’s on HBO, Showtime etc because I cannot sit through rotations of 8 to 10 commercials every ten minutes, I DVR everything and watch one hour later. Last fall premiere season, Sleepy Hollow, The Bridge and Almost Human were the only TV shows that I can recall watching live.

48. Brigid says:

Another easy night for me.
    8: Arrow, DVR The Middle
    9: Modern Family
    10: Nashville

49. Sheldon W. says:

8-9 – Arrow
    9-10 – Red Band Society
    10-11 – AHS: Freak Show (record Stalker)

50. Rob says:

What is funny is that Nakita used to be my favorite show before Nashville. I will watch Stalker in the beginning to see if it any good.