AMC Renews Turn for Season 2

Turn Renewed Season 2

This means (more) war.

AMC has renewed its Revolutionary War-era espionage drama Turn for a second season, the cabler announced on Monday.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been thusly updated.

RELATED AMC Renews Breaking Bad Prequel, Moves Premiere Date — See First Photo

“[Executive producers] Craig Silverstein, Barry Josephson and a talented cast and crew delivered a truly distinctive and engaging premiere season,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statemernt.”We look forward to continuing this revolutionary journey into Season 2.”

PHOTOS Mad Men: 12 Questions We Want Answered by the Series Finale

Turn premiered to 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating in early April, slipping to 1.6 mil/0.4 with its recent finale.

To help bolster awareness/sampling of the freshman series, AMC will pair Turn repeats with Hell on Wheels Season 4, which premieres Saturday, Aug. 2 at 9/8c.

1. wrstlgirl says:

YAY!!!

2. J PIERGROSSI says:

3. JWB says:

I enjoy the show but I think it would work better as a mini series. Much like John Adams on HBO.

4. B says:

Great news!

5. bj says:

I’m so glad. I really enjoyed this show.

6. CBWBDK1 says:

Yes!! Great news!!

7. Nichole says:

Just binged watched all 10 ep’s in a row yesterday and found it to be a very entertaining show. Liked the way they used actual events and people to set up the start of the show, not sure on the full accuracy of that, but it had be googling to see what was what at least (not American so was an interesting history lesson!!). Glad it’s coming back for a second season :)

8. dj says:

Hooray..the wait is over!!! So glad it’s been renewed

9. C. says:

A great show with very good actors so this is great news!

10. Jacinda says:

So excited!!

11. curtlyon19 says:

eh, ONLY if they start with more of the ‘first US spy’ storyline rather than all his girlfriend/wife problems ,,, geez
    watched mostly to see Jamie Bell

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh good, now I can find out how the Revolutionary War ended.
    I very much hope the second season moves a little quicker with their plot development than the first season did. I feel like the first season didn’t really pick up until about the second to last episode. I had a hard time giving my full attention to the majority of episodes. But I’m sticking with it.

13. Joseph Bennett says:

Love Turn, hope it last for duration of Revolution. Love U.S. history. Very revealing of the treacherous rule and oppression of the British under King George.

14. njartist says:

I did not care for this show at first. Yet watching the last few episodes I gave it another chance. I am glad that I did. It is well acted and interesting. Bravo to AMC for season 2
    I had the opposite reaction to Halt & Catch Fire. I rapidly lost interest because that show
    wore out its welcome real fast. Hopefully Turn will go on there because is a lot more to explore.
    I am glad that it shown after Hell on Wheels-I can catch up on what I missed. Two
    very good shows back to back on Saturday nights from AMC- at last that night is no
    longer a TV wasteland.

15. Joe keathley says:

I think Turn is A Jewel. Happy happy 4 #2. Sad Halt and Catch not returning. Low winter sun was great as was the killing. WalkN dead really got stupid. Keep um coming AMC. Bring back HALT. Boy o boy is the Bridge double BAD. Pass on that movie Boyhood. Long and boring + bad acting