Ratings: Special Talent Tops Rising Star, Enlisted Drops With Finale

RisingStar_Ratings

NBC’s shameless bit of Sunday night counterprogramming paid off, as a special edition of America’s Got Talent handily won the night in both total viewers (with 8 million) and in the demo (scoring a 2.1 rating) — though the competition series was down 30 and 19 percent from its most recent Tuesday outing.

RELATED Michael Slezak’s Rising Star Premiere Recap: Wall-Eh

Going head-to-head with AGT, the premiere of ABC’s Rising Star — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “C-“ — drew 5 mil and a 1.5 (based on prelim numbers subject to change to the show’s live nature). That’s good enough for No. 2 in the Sunday demo, but down from ABC’s last stab at a singing show, Duets (6.8 mil/1.7, which bowed on a Thursday).

Opening ABC’s night, Wipeout returned to 3.5 mil/1.0, down 20 and 23 percent from its previous, Thursday premiere, hitting series lows for an opener.

RELATED Daytime Emmys Controversy: Apology Owed for Red Carpet Show, Rape ‘Joke’

Fox’s Enlisted was decommissioned before an audience of 940K, paired with a 0.3 rating, down 22 and 25 percent week-to-week.

Cable premiere/finale ratings famously come in much, much later, and will ostensibly be reported under separate cover.

1. RD says:

I didn’t expect to like Enlisted, but it was GOOD. Sad to see it ended on a down note. I expect it’s cast and writers will go on to success in other endeavors; talent rises (hopefully).

• TrudySmith says:

0.3 for a finale is terrible any way you slice it. Enlisted had a good story with a mediocre supporting cast except for Mort Burke. He is so adorably likable.

• jlannis says:

I’m willing to bet many people stopped tuning into Enlisted once it was canceled. Why continue to get invested in a show that’s going away?

• DreamOfTV says:

SGTs Hill and Perez fight and flirt. Randy cries every week, least we forget Derrick is a smart a##. OMG is the Ruiz actor slow? Like in real life? He talks like he might be. Slapstick FAIL!

2. Jusa says:

Loved last night’s finale episode of Enlisted so much. There’s so much heart in that show. I’ll definitely miss it. Glad I’ve still got all the eps on my DVR.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I usually don’t have time to watch AGT but I did last night and was completely blown away at some of the talent there. Very impressive. Waiting for word on The Last Ship which I also thought was very good, I know it will come later.

4. SilasSays says:

Wipeout! Such a fun show. Poor Enlisted it was dead meat from the start. #teamKeithDavid, he is the best part of Enlisted.

5. Gerald says:

Enlisted may have ended on a low ratings note, but it ended on a high note for quality. It was a perfectly crafted season and series finale with great performances. I loved it so much. I couldn’t erase it from my DVR.

• HAP says:

It seemed fairly obvious that they had received their pink slip before they shot the last episode, allowing them to bow out on a high note.

6. sgtmjr says:

Demonstrating yet again, that en mass the public will continue to watch cr*p instead of smart, well-written, funny, and touching television. The fact that 5 million people tuned in to watch yet another singing competition show makes me weep for the future. Hopefully, another network or Netflix/Hulu will pick up Enlisted just to show people what good television actually is.

7. Ally Oop says:

The only show I watched last night on TV was The Last Ship.

8. Ann VerWiebe says:

I tried with Rising Star, but it’s so pointless. If someone is decent, everyone votes for them. If they suck, they’re gone. No drama. And everyone had such backstories! The good news is that the app basically tells you when the performances are going to start, so I could watch AGT, flip back for a minute, and then go back. Wipeout, as always, just makes me happy.

9. jag says:

Rising Star. Just 1 question. Whats the wall for? No disrespect to Emmy, Oscar or Grammy but the wall inside looks like an “In Memoriam” part of the above award shows. I was just hoping that the wall might be of important use. but all it does is make the contestants face bigger. and when the judges vote yes or no its so funny that they have to make exaggerated actions just to let people know that they have voted. Again whats with the wall?