Exclusive

24 Sneak Peek: The Mourning After

This Monday on 24: Live Another Day (Fox, 9/8), it is time to hail the chief — and TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek at the reactions of both colleagues and kin.

RELATED Performer of the Week Runner-Up: 24‘s William Devane

As the previous episode faded to black (and an oddly non-silent clock), President Heller had followed through on his surrender to Margot Al-Harazi, who herself fired a drone missile at POTUS as he stood in the middle of Wembley Stadium.

PHOTOS Quotes of the Week from 24: Live Another Day and Other Shows

In the video below, the British Prime Minister reacts to his counterpart’s act of “bravery,” while Heller’s daughter Audrey takes in the aftermath of the tragedy she had only minutes to brace for. (Tread lightly, Mark!)

1. Jerry says:

We won’t know for sure until we get Jack’s POV tonight, but I’m still leaning towards the idea that Chloe was able to get a last minute hack into the drone that looped President Heller standing on the field while Jack dragged him off.

2. meah says:

Have loved 24 since S1 but I am so over audrey raines and her father!
    Plus the al-harrazi family is so boring,they are not good villans
    Those are my only complaints so far.

3. spotteddog says:

The blonde “assistant” (or whatever her title might be) to the Prime Minister is SO on the wrong side of things. I believe she is at the least a mole.

4. Tran says:

One of the things I like about 24 and being a loyal fan of the show: the musical score of Sean Callery. Hope Matt Mitovich knows about the Sean’s musical score of 24.

5. Cordell says:

I hope it’s a diversion. I love me some James Heller.

6. Annie says:

There are two choices here. Either (A) the producers/director “forgot” or completely ignored the previous “silent clock” convention, or (B) Heller’s still alive. Between those two options, (B) is far likelier, I think. I mean it IS “24.”

7. mike says:

The one thing that has always bugged me about 24 is how there is ALWAYS a mole/bad guy embedded in the CTU (or equivalent for the season) it just stretches the disbelief all the more that they never increase their screening methods.

Its getting to be as lame a plot device as a car running off the road at the very end of a finale

8. Mel says:

Seriously, were there any doubts he would make it out alive?