Ratings: Rookie Blue Returns Down, Hell's Kitchen and Last Comic Rise

MISSY PEREGRYM

ABC’s Rookie Blue returned to duty on Thursday night with a pair of episodes that averaged 5.7 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating, down from its Season 4 opener (6 mil/1.2) but adding audience versus its September finale (4.7 mil/1.0).

Opening ABC’s night, the relocated Black Box (4 mil/0.7) added a few eyeballs but was flat in the demo.

RELATED Rookie Blue Post Mortem: Andy/Sam’s Future, Nick’s Next Step and More

Over on Fox’s, Hell’s Kitchen (4.9 mil/1.8) rose two tenths week-to-week to match a Big Bang rerun (7.5 mil/1.8) for the nightly demo win. Gang Related (2.6 mil/0.9) ticked up a tenth.

Leading out of a Game Night rerun, NBC’s Undateable double-pump this week averaged 2.6 mil and a 0.9, down in viewers but steady in the demo. Last Comic Standing then did 4 mil/1.4, up two tenths.

RELATED Critics’ Choice Awards: Fargo, OITNB, Breaking Bad, Normal Heart, Cosmos and Allison Janney Are Big Winners

The CW’s two-hour broadcast of the Critics’ Choice Television Awards drew 1.04 mil and a 0.3. (Ausiello is sharing some behind-the-scenes selfies on Instagram, if you’re so inclined.)

1. Sarah says:

Rookie Blue. :( But I blame ABC…for starting a month after GlobalTV. So, really hope they take the different air dates into consideration when it comes to renewing it or not.

• Kim R says:

I agree. Most people have probably already started watching online at this point. :)

• MP says:

I’m in the U.S. and I watch online. You can watch all the episodes on Global’s website, but the bonus webisodes are restricted.

• Sarah says:

Me too, but I still DVR’d and watched it last night. And thanks for the heads up about Global. :) I tried to watch on another site Tuesday and almost got a virus.

2. Tenney says:

awww…. I really like Undateable, but with those kind of numbers I don’t think it will see anything beyond this summer. It’s a shame, I think it really is a very funny show.

• HAP says:

It actually has done better than any summer network comedy from last year. I think the fact that despite rolling out after a repeat this week, it basically held steady. I’m rooting for NBC to pick up another season.

3. Rebecca says:

Gail & Holly sucked me in last season. I went back and binged all other seasons. Great summer show.

4. Coal says:

Night Shift has better numbers than Rookie Blue ? Wow, good on NBC. The Voice and America’s got Talent are the true MVP’s for NBC this year, they’ve been excellent lead ins.

5. Craig says:

For the last four seasons I have watched Rookie Blue online because I’m not home when it is on. Apparently ABC is not going to let me watch this year as they have restricted who can watch. I do not understand a business model that restricts viewership and makes loyal viewers angry.