Exclusive

Haven Casts Alphas' Laura Mennell as a Real Trouble-Unmaker

Haven Season 5 Laura MennellA former Alpha is poised to uncover Haven‘s many troubling secrets.

RELATED | Haven Spoilers: Will the Rings Play a Role in Season 5?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Laura Mennell, who played the “suggestive” Nina on Syfy’s Alphas, has joined Haven Season 5 in the recurring role of Dr. Erin Reid, a brilliant (and, well, beautiful) epidemiologist from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who fears the titular town is on the verge of a deadly viral outbreak.

Dr. Reid is described as “a force to be reckoned with,” as Audrey (played by Emily Rose), Nathan (Lucas Bryant) and Duke (Eric Balfour) quickly will discover. And while Dwight (Adam Copeland) will work overtime to keep hidden Haven’s secrets, the CDC whiz unknowingly uncovers a genetic marker found only in Troubled people. Could that mean a cure is around the corner…?!

RELATED | Haven Renewed for Supersized Season 5

In addition to her Alphas run, Mennell’s resume features numerous other Syfy/Sci-Fi offerings such as Eureka, The 4400, two Stargates, Andromeda, Sanctuary and Flash Gordon. Her credits also include TV’s Motive and Supernatural and the big screen’s Watchmen.

Filming for Haven’s 26-episode fifth season is currently underway on location in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

1. K says:

Yes! So happy. She was my favourite part of Alphas. She’s so talented and definitely needs more recognition. So glad she’s on this show

2. Joey Padron says:

Good Haven casting news. Can’t wait for new season to start. Happy to see Emily Rose on new season of Graceland.

3. Tricia says:

” Dwight will work overtime…” – I think we all know what this means…

Man, I love this show.

4. Luis says:

26 episodes????? Why don’t they just call it the fifth AND sixth seasons?

• Josh says:

I think it’s a contract thing. At season 5 they had to renew contracts and I’m pretty sure this is the easiest way to keep it cheap(SyFy’s big thing) and give it a proper send off. My guess is second half of season 5 is the last run for Haven.

• Roger Canada says:

Haven’s a canadian series, and the canada tax return fund pay for 5 years only, so they will produce 26 episodes this year and probably end the series after that.

It’s exactly the same things with the Ropokie Blue’s “supersize” season 5 of 22 épisodes, wich will air in 2014 and 2015.

5. Katy says:

I loved Alphas, absolutely hated that the syfy channel didn’t give it and its fans a proper finale.

6. Pat says:

I really liked her on “Alphas”, so I will be looking forward to seeing her in Haven. I cannot wait for this show to start up. It is one of the last shows on SYFY that I watch and all my other shows were cancelled and I am pretty sure this will be their last season.

7. Russ says:

Does this mean the WIlliam and Audrey/Lexie/Mara storyline will be resolved in short order? Last we saw it was Mara, not Audrey.

• omnikey1 says:

They are filming episode 7 right now I don’t think William is returning .Also Colin tweeted that he was not doing any filming with the show .

8. dawson023 says:

i haven’t watched the alphas so i don’t know but crossing fingers for dwight to finally get some love since last time he was going after jordan,who went after wade and then end up dead and poor Dwight didn’t even learn what happened to her.

9. Katherine215 says:

I was thrilled to see her on the most recent episode of Motive as the DA/date of (former Alpha) Warren Christie’s character. I had to rewind it to confirm I wasn’t seeing things. Hopefully she’s a nice addition to Haven, though I don’t watch it.

10. wordsmith says:

Fun fact: the character Laura played on The 4400 was named… Audrey Parker.
    *mind blown*