Ratings: Undateable Adds Viewers Vs. NBA Finals -- Worthy of Renewal?

Undateable Ratings

Is Undateable worthy of a proper courtship?

NBC’s freshman comedy this Thursday night drew 3.3 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating with its first outing, followed by 3 mil/0.9 — on par with its week-ago average demo delivery and up 7 percent in audience, all while airing opposite the dominant NBA Finals.

All of which makes me wonder….

Elsewhere on Thursday….

* Opening NBC’s slate, Hollywood Game Night (4.3 mil/1.0) added some viewers but ticked down a tenth in the demo. Come 10 pm, Last Comic Standing (4.1 mil/1.2) was down two tenths.

* ABC’s aforementioned NBA Finals Game 4 coverage drew 12.8 mil and a 5.2 rating (per fast nationals subject to change), up 7 percent and three tenths from Game 3’s prelim numbers.

* Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen (4.8 mil/1.6) dipped a tenth, while Gang Related (2.7 mil/0.8) shed some eyeballs while flat in the demo.

1. torimelching says:

I think Undateable deserves a 2nd season. Even if it is a summer comedy.

2. Ally Oop says:

Networks need to start nurturing their comedies. I think FOX missed the boat on Surviving Jack and ABC should have given Trophy Life another shot. Comedies have the ability to grow in audience unlike dramas. Undateable is doing very well for a summer burn-off show. I think it deserves a chance at a fall launch.

• Tenney says:

I agree that networks need to do more nuturing with their comedies. Very few comedies come out of the gate swinging; I think most need some time to find their groove. I think of the first season of Parks & Rec. The first season was just awful, but with some time, it found its groove, the characters started falling into place, and writing for the characters got better, and now it’s one of the best comedies.

I personally really like Undateable because I think the characters have great chemisty. If you don’t think so, you should go to youtube and watch the blooper reel; it’s very funny and you see the chemisty. NBC needs to give it some time to find its groove.

• Shel says:

I have said and thought the same thing. I thought Surviving Jack was really good and I could see it being a hit if FOX had just given it some time. I really wasn’t expecting anything big given the apparent premise – jerk dad, “that 80’s show” vibe. I was pleasantly surprised. Great stories, great acting, great & personable actors. They really missed the boat with this one. Given when they debuted it, where they put it and what it was opposite, the idea that they wouldn’t give it another shot is ludicrous. At some point, some network guy or gal should be able to say – heck, we knew that was a death spot on the schedule; let’s wait a while and give it a try somewhere else.

• @TVMaury says:

Said from a guy that watched that awful garbage named Mixology…

I liked Undatable. It`s one of the more funnier laugh-track sitcoms made in recent years from the biggest networks. But Ground Floor also produced by Bill Lawrence is better, and has more Briga Heelan.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I like Undateable but next week I will probably have to bail on it. When Rookie Blue starts that gives me three things on in that hour and I only have one DVR :-(

• wonderbroad says:

Oh. Bummer! You get Rookie Blue on Thursdays? In Canada it airs Monday nights and we are actually several episodes ahead. Lots of good stuff developing!

• Lisa says:

Rookie Blue is on at 10 where I am, so I can watch Undateable at 9

4. Tom Charles says:

Undatable’s watchable. I’d like for it to be renewed, but if it’s not, I won’t be overly surprised.

5. HAP says:

The show absolutely deserves a renewal. NBC renewed Whitney one time. This show definitely has greater potential.

Briga was not even in the original cast. They have had to make scheduling adjustments to synch the schedules of this show and Ground Floor so she can be recurring here At the end of the day, if it was me, I’d rather be doing a network comedy than a cable comedy, just for the greatre exposure.

6. Marcus T. says:

Undateable is HYSTERICAL. Blows all these niche single cams out of the water.

7. Joey Padron says:

Undateable should be renewed. It’s good and funny.

8. kimberly says:

My husband and I really enjoy Undateable. I really thought I was going to hate it (like how I hated Friends with Better Lives) but I was pleasantly surprised. There’s a great mix of physical comedy and funny banter among the cast.

9. Pat says:

Yes, it deserves a second season, but for now keep it as a summer comedy. This is a very funny show.

10. Ian says:

Yeah, the show’s grown on me considerably. It definitely deserves a renewal.

I expected it to just be another worthless comedy, but the ensemble is actually really strong and the writing’s ACTUALLY FUNNY.

The only weak link I would say is Ron Fuchs, and I can’t stand Chris D’Elia’s douchey stand-up act, but he’s really likable as his character on this show. Probably because underneath all the machismo, he’s playing a sweet guy who cares about his friends.

So I love Undateable and hope it has a long life.

11. jr. says:

The Undateable guys I kind of compare to the guys in The Big Bang Theory. Undateable even has its own version of a Penny. Undateable is a good show. But since they are suppose to be undateable, why have the two main characters both have hot girls they are dating?

12. Lisa says:

Undateable is so funny, I loved that guy in Whitney, glad to watch him again!

• Singing_gal says:

Undateable is definitely worth a second season. All the characters are given their moments to shine and they do so consistently. The men and women are of course exaggerated but they are mostly realistic as well as hilarious. And I like that the women, while attractive, aren’t just there for eye candy but are also humorous. I was so excited when I saw Chris and Ron were doing this show and it has exceeded my expectations. Yay!