Fox Pulls Riot, I Wanna Marry 'Harry' From Schedule

I Wanna Marry Harry Cancelled

I Wanna Marry ‘Harry’ has been royally dumped.

Fox has pulled the deceptive dating series as well as its Tuesday lead-in, the improv-on-an-incline series Riot, from the schedule effective immediately.

RELATED | Fox’s Us & Them, Starring Jason Ritter-Alexis Bledel, Will Never Air

In their most recent outings, Riot and ‘Harry’ drew barely a million viewers each while mustering a 0.4 demo rating.

Starting June 17, the ill-fated freshmen will be replaced by repeats of Family Guy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl and The Mindy Project.

RELATED | Sleepy Hollow Sets Season 2 Premiere Date

Starting Friday afternoon, any unaired episodes of ‘Harry’ will be made available for viewing on Fox.com, Fox On Demand, FOX NOW and Hulu. Fox will announce any broadcast plans for either show at a later date. If ever.

1. Ron says:

Never should have been a show anyway…

2. MeJ says:

Riot was fun, but not promoted at all. Would have been a better fit for The CW.

• Sheila says:

I’ve never seen it advertised! If not for Hulu, I wouldn’t know it existed!

• KevyB says:

They advertised the holy crap out of it before its first episode. Apparently it did so poorly, they stopped advertising it. No loss, it was dreadful!

3. wrstlgirl says:

I can’t for the life of me understand why they thought either of them would be successful in the first place, lol. I checked into I wanna marry Harry out of curiosity and it was dreadful. Sorry to those who were watching and enjoying.

• Boiler says:

You got that right wrstlgirl. Just embarrassing

• Jules says:

I was also very wary of what I wanna marry Harry was going to be like and yes, it is dreadful. I still watched each episode at some point, but simultaneously did my nails or some other thing to keep me occupied and then had a nice laugh here and there from the stupidity of these girls.. so for those few laughs I did enjoy it, but I’m definitely not going to miss it.

• Grey says:

“I can’t for the life of me understand why they thought either of them would be successful in the first place, lol.”

I often have the same question about shows like this but then I’m reminded of the success of shows like “Honey Booboo,” “Jersey Shore,” “Real Housewives,” etc. and realizes there’s no accounting for taste – or at least good taste. So there you go. “…Harry” and “Riot” had just as good a chance at success as any.

• Steph says:

Joe Millionaire was VERY successful, so why shouldn’t they think this would be successful too?

4. Lori says:

Oh man! My family loved loved loved Riot! It has been awesome fun to watch together in the evenings.

5. Tricia says:

I wanted to like Riot but it had this unfortunate habit of not being funny most of the time.

6. sheri says:

Riot was nowhere near as funny as Whose Line Is It Anyway, but it was more family-friendly. I had to stop watching Whose Line Is It Anyway with my daughter because I would laugh at all the adult double entendres, causing my daughter to ask me to explain what was funny. :\ People sliding down a ramp or being yanked in the air is (at least mildly) funny for any age.

• Jerry says:

Hah, funny you should say that. This weeks Whose Line had a good sexual innuendo joke about being a human H and then went to a commercial for Earth to Echo. Woah time out, who is supposed to be watching Whose Line?

• Cassie says:

The ramp skits were the funniest, although the ones in the dark were also pretty funny. I guess the improv aspect was better than the dinner-party-games. And some of the celebrities (e.g. Andy Dick) seemed awkward and uncomfortable being there. If you aren’t good with games, and aren’t even willing to try playing, why did you even agree to come on the show?

7. David says:

Not surprising. Harry had a dumb premise. This is just more support for programming summer and fall similar instead of just dumping everything in summer thats not good enough. Then some decent shows might have a shot instead of not being able to compete with fall shows.

8. Diz says:

Good! I didn’t watch either, but from trailers they looked so horrible that they should have never been greenlit in the first place.

9. Monique says:

Bring back Surviving Jack

10. kirads09 says:

Surprising No One.

11. kirads09 says:

Bring Back Almost Human and Enlisted!

12. Scott Johnston says:

When shows fail abysmally who-ever thought they were a great idea in the first place should just be sacked. It would take a bit of time but we might starting getting some good shows airing as a result.

13. Dragonfly says:

So they will give back Almost Human!

14. Tran says:

There’s a reason why Fox is going down the “ratings basement”.

15. Heathers says:

Screw Fox for canceling Enlisted, Almost Human, Rake and Surviving Jack. I hope all of their shows go down the crapper this fall.

• Rosemary says:

I so agree can’t for the world of me understand why anyone would watch Harry or Riot both were a yawn.

16. Suzie Peck says:

I’m one of the few that loved the Harry show. I am royally pissed.