Ratings: Liars and Royal Pains Return Down, Chasing Life Is No Twisted

Royal Pains - Season 6

ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars opened Season 5 on Tuesday night with 2.7 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo, trailing both its previous premiere (3 mil/1.3) and its March finale (3.1 mil/1.3).

That said, PLL emerged as Tuesday’s No. 1 scripted program in the 12-34, Women 18-34 and Females 12-34 demos — and besides, it’s already renewed for Seasons 6 and 7!

RELATED | Little Liars EP Talks Aria’s Killer Twist, Hanna’s New Crisis and More

Continuing ABC Fam’s night, Chasing Life debuted to 1.3 mil and a 0.5, down 19 percent from Twisted‘s year-ago apres-Liars premiere.

Cable’s other big Tuesday premiere, Season 6 of USA Network’s Royal Pains, did 2.4 mil and a 0.6, down 35 percent and a tenth from its previous opener (which aired on a Wednesday).

1. JP says:

The abc familiy numbers are kind of disappointing

2. Ashbash says:

I’m assuming chasing life’s premiere numbers were down because of the fact that they released the pilot episode online and on-demand before it aired on TV. I watched on-demand a week ago so I definitely wasn’t going to tune into it last night so maybe others did that too. That’s the problem when you release a pilot episode early it screws with the numbers.

3. lorna says:

i honestly am glad post liar shows are doing crappy. they never should have canceled the lying games, that was an increidble show, and i will never a new abc family. twisted looked like rap from the first preview, they all look like jokes, after pll, if it ever wraps up, i will be done with this station

• Dave says:

If that’s crappy, ABC FAMILY should close right now. Ok, the ratings are not as high as last year, but it’s been the most watched show on cable lat night, PLL WINS!!

• JP says:

and they’ve already been renewed for two more season so i’d have to get much worse than the premiere ratings to be cancelled.

• Lauren says:

Yes The lying game was the best ! That’s the one show that should return

4. DavidSask says:

Chasing Life is not the right demographic for the outlet that air it! The show is also not that good!

5. Cory says:

Thank god PLL didn’t post high numbers again. This means for sure that season 7 will be the last, and I wish season 6 was going to be. Oh well.

6. Sparky says:

How will Harvey and co do tonight at 9??? Hopefully a lot higher than Royal Pains did. Those numbers are pretty bad!!!

• Joey says:

To be fair, Suits is a pretty popular USA show. It gets tons of advertising and press coverage, especially from blogs like this one. Royal Pains doesn’t get much advertising at all, and it gets even less media coverage. Its sort of the forgotten show at USA. Its likely approaching its final season.

It also helps that Suits’ last season ended not that long ago. The wait was very short. They could have easily put previews for the season premiere at the end of last seasons finale, thats how close they are in scheduling.

7. chadcronin says:

I am still sad they didn’t bring back The Lying Game. They should have ran that at least 2 seasons more. Twisted is the only drama I watch the the network. I hope this makes the decision to announce a renewal this month finally

8. Cookiekirk says:

Thank goodness my DVR remembered to tape Royal Pains,I didn’t see any previews in the return,except tv guide. All these networks need to advertise a list of shows returning. Its seems that June 22nd, is gonna be a big nite. Rossoli/Isles,Rookie Blue,True Blood,Under the Dome. Wow. I had to put them on my personal calendar. From June 22nd to June 30th that’s where its all happening.

9. Ally Oop says:

That’s very disappointing. Chasing Life was pretty good and the lead is really likeable.

10. Coal says:

I wonder if ABC Family could be better served if they take a package from CBS’ Tuesday night’s playbook of three similar themed shows back to back and do the same with Chasing life, The Fosters and Switched at Birth. I think Royal Pains getting long in the tooth hence the poor numbers, its ironic for me because I only started watching it last year and binged watched the first 5 seasons.

11. Coal says:

I meant *page not package in my earlier comment.

12. Liz says:

please tell me that means they’ll renew twisted!

13. HAP says:

Royal Pains doesn’t surprise me. It has always been a giant snore. Maybe others are catching on to that fact.

14. Chloe says:

ABC Family should just renew Twisted for a season two. It’s MUCH better to follow PLL than Chasing Life.

15. HBH says:

I didn’t watch the live premiere of Chasing Life because I had already watched the premiere before, but I’ll definitely be tuning in next week. I thought it was pretty good. I like twisted too. I didn’t even realize it didn’t get renewed. Guess i haven’t been following up. However, I didn’t watch twisted until after the season was almost over. The previews didn’t interest me as much, but I watched the finale with my cousins who were raving about it so I gave the season a chance and was pleasantly surprised. So hopefully it gets renewed

16. Sutton says:

Wtf is going on with Twisted? it’s been forever, they need to renew already,