'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Orange Is the New Black, Beast, Fargo, Faking It and Other Shows Are Faring

THE COUPLE | Orange Is the New Black's Piper and Alex*
THE LATEST |  While in Chicago to testify at Alex's former boss' drug trial, the ladies have a warm-yet-fleeting moment (even though they're separated by bars) as Alex begs her ex to lie under oath. "It's the only way I can keep you safe," she says gravely.
OUCH! |  Against the advice of her lawyer (aka Larry's dad), Pipes perjures herself by saying she never met the drug kingpin in question. But Alex tells the truth (!), earning her freedom (!!) and leaving a livid Piper to return to Litchfield alone.
THE FORECAST |  We're guessing no one's going to want to go near Hurricane Piper in the coming episodes; girlfriend's got some major rage against her glasses-wearing former love.
*Note: We're only reporting on romantic updates from the Netflix series' Season 2 premiere for now, so we won't spoil those who didn't binge-watch every episode.

Prison, kidnapping, children only recently discovered and post-apocalyptic war — there’s no shortage of obstacles keeping TV couples apart this week.

Did your favorite TV couples make this installment of TVLine’s ‘Ship Shape? Or are they safe for another week? Find out when you check out our recurring feature that tracks the latest developments for series’ hottest duos — and then offers our forecast for each pairing.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below, and maybe they’ll merit a mention the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through our gallery (via the blue button underneath the Orange Is the New Black photo above or by clicking this link) and hop aboard!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape

1. Jen says:

I won’t spoil anything since I’ve seen the entire season of OITNB already but I was thrilled to see my favorite couple Alex and Piper on this list! I’ll admit I almost screamed just as loud as Piper when she saw Alex standing outside at the Chicago prison. I loved their behind bars talk and almost hug. The last thing Piper told Alex on the bus on the way to testify was how she planned to tell the truth so as far as Alex knew she had told the truth. So I can’t be too upset with Alex especially since we weren’t really given more information at the ending of episode one.

• I can be upset with Alex. Maybe, just maybe, what makes Alex and Piper so “perfect” together is that they’re both equal parts self-involved and vindictive.

• Mel says:

Yeah I’m in total agreement with this. These two are messed up and frequently make the wrong choices but they really do love each other and are perfect for each other as screwed up as they may be lol. I can’t help but love them!

2. tp says:

I hate to jump on the “I hate the new gallery” bandwagon but… it’s passing by and I need a ride. The set-up is a pain. If you click one too many times it takes you to a new gallery which in turn makes it hard to get “back to article”. To top it off you can’t comment while looking at the couple you want to talk about. I really like that it used to link back around to the first pic after you click on the last one. It’s the little things I miss…sigh.

I can’t believe it’s only been a week since the last BATB. I knew Vincent and Catherine wouldn’t get more than 5 minutes of happiness.

• Kellie says:

Agreed! I dislike how it goes directly to a new gallery. I also don’t like how you can’t comment from any page and returning to the article is a pain.

3. Tracywilds says:

Season 2 of Orange a step up from season one. Finale of 2 was great!

4. A says:

First of all Melissa and Joey has jumped the shark pulling this Gilmore Girls April crap.
    Second, I am loving The 100- I don’t even care who Clarke has a relationship with, it’s all great stuff

5. Ally Oop says:

Last week I binge-watched Call the Midwife, this week it’s Star-Crossed and next week I will get to Orange Is the New Black. I’v never really done the binge-watching thing before but I am kind of really liking it. I think I’ll just do that all summer. Of course I’m still watching Orphan Black and The 100 weekly because those two shows are too good not to devour ASAP but those will be gone soon. I still have a collection of episodes from Continuum, Believe and Lost GIrl to watch and the only summer shows I’ll be watching are Chasing Life, The Last Ship and Outlander but the last one doesn’t start until August so by July I won’t have much to watch on the tube. Anybody have any recommendations from Netflix for me?

6. ilona says:

Oh I hope next installment of “Ship Shape” will have Sharon Raydor and Andy Flynn from Major Crimes cause that ship is sailing! <3 <3 <3 Shandy <3 <3 <3

7. Mel says:

Piper and Alex have the most tumultuous, intense relationship and I love every second of it! Laura and Taylor have the most amazing chemistry and make me love these two together no matter what crazy things they do. Can’t wait to see what happens with them during the rest of the season!