New True Blood Season 7 Trailer: Bill and Alcide Wage War Over Sookie

Sookie Stackhouse’s love life takes center stage in the latest trailer for True Blood‘s final season, premiering June 22 at 9/8c on HBO. Unfortunately, one of her suitors remains conspicuously M.I.A.

RELATED | True Blood First Look: Check Out the Sookie-Centric Poster for Final Season

While Alcide and Bill battle over Bon Temps’ most eligible fairy — a half-naked Alcide is seen barging into Mr. Compton’s compound in the new trailer, which was released over the weekend — poor Eric is still nowhere to be found.

Speaking of complicated love lives, the new trailer also shows Lafayette putting himself back on the market, and it looks like he snags himself a keeper. (We’re really pulling for him this year; if anyone deserves a happy ending after this, it’s Jesus’ ex-boyfriend.)

Watch the new trailer above, then drop a comment below: Who should Sookie end up with in Season 7?

1. Katy Hart says:

I’m just going to go sit in the corner and cry because somehow I knew, I just knew, that Sookie/Alcide was not going to be canon for very long. Damn the show for teasing me and then taking it away. *cries*

2. Gilded Lady says:

Aside from the fact that for years the show-runners (both Ball and Buckner) have said that Bill and Sookie are soul-mates, they’ve already pretty much confirmed the series is ending Bill/Sookie, so it really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that Sookie and Alcide aren’t meant to be. Honestly, that’s fine with me. Of her suitors, I’ve always preferred Bill/Sookie and besides, I still haven’t forgiven Alcide for trying to get in Sookie’s bed when she was beyond plastered and he was 100% sober.

• jbj says:

You are really holding THAT against Alcide, when Bill let people violently attack Sookie just so he could play the hero in order to seduce her? OOOK.

• Gilded Lady says:

Actually, I prefer Sookie alone, tbh. But the show would never allow for it! I don’t think Sookie deserves Eric. Best of bad choices.

• James says:

I also think Sookie should end up on her own. It was the ending I was hoping for in the books since she started to hate the supernatural stuff so much in the last few entries of the series.

• I’ve always been partial to Bill/Sookie myself. However, it has nothing to do with either Alcide or Eric being better. They’re all mostly crappy and they’ve all done horrible things. My preference is will the Bill/Sookie pairing

• Gilded Lady says:

Pretty much. I also think Stephen and Anna have the best chemistry. Alex and Anna are often kinda awkward.

• KnitNPurl says:

Seriously? IMO Anna doesn’t even have chemistry with her husband on screen (again, JMO). I’m sure they are a perfectly lovely couple IRL but Stephen has better chemistry on screen with Alex Skarsgaard than his own wife. I LOVE Stephen and Alex on screen together. They are great!

I personally loved the chemistry Sookie had with Warlow. At least Sookie knew where she stood with him; he didn’t have to trick her. Why she keeps going back to Bill is, IMO, pretty pathetic.

What little time Sookie had being without a man were some of her finest moments and her most healthy relationships have been with her friends and family. She doesn’t need a man.

3. Wtactualf says:

Bill is just so, so bad. The only redemption he deserves is the sharp end of a stake.

• Cassandra says:

I agree. The only way I could think of them getting me to root for a Bill redemption story is if they had written in a cure and Bill reverted to being human in the final season. I guess at this point I’ll just have to be happy if she doesn’t end up with Sam.

4. Wouter says:

So Luke Grimes really did quit TB because they made his character bisexual…

• EJ386 says:

P#ssy… I can’t imagine how someone would take a role in a show like TB when they have these weird “moral” objections.

• Meredith says:

If he really did quit for moral objections I find it odd that those objections didn’t preclude him from joining the 50 Shades of Grey cast.

• Robert says:

Lol, I was just thinking the same thing! I like new James anyway, from his days on General Hospital, he will definitely make people fall in love with the new incarnation of James.

• Elyse says:

I just watched the entire series last month and yet I can’t for the life of me think who that is. I looked him up but I don’t remember James.

5. EJ386 says:

I just really, really want Eric in the new season. He was by far my favourite character. I would like him with Sookie, but I just need him to have a significant role…

6. Kira says:

I’m so over Sookie & Bill!!! Hopefully by the time the show is over he’ll meet the pointy end of a stick :) Then Eric can swoop in and get his woman!!!!

7. ha11y says:

i really don’t care about Sookie and who she ends up with. i just want Eric alive.

8. Urgh! Surely Sookie won’t go back to Bill after all he has done? That would stupid, she would just look weak and silly. They are obviously keeping what happens to Eric under wraps which is all very well, I guess they want to surprise people, but the lack of Eric and the way they are pushing Bill down everyone’s throats doesn’t fill me with confidence that we will get a great final season. Shame.

9. Hmm says:

I preferred Bill/Sookie until everything came out about him gathering intel on her for Sophie Ann and betraying her. Then he turned Billith and at this point he’s irredeemable for me. Certainly don’t want him with Sookie. In terms of safe choices and choosing the guy that loves her and has her best interests at heart, Alcide’s the guy. Really pissed they didn’t show us more of the Alcide/Sookie relationship. And frankly I was excited to see Sookie have a love interest outside of vampires & the push-pull with Bill/Eric.

• Jewels says:

Bill Compton in the books (minus the “Billith” carp) is very much a deceitful, violent, and terrible character. While he did his part to try to repair his relationship with Sookie…she still saw him for what he was. We love Stephen Moyer…so we love Bill. As a character he has done more to hurt Sookie than anyone. He really isn’t redeemable, I agree with you. Sookie/Eric pairing was the focus for so long in the books…when she ended up with AHEM you know…it gave me whiplash. The show putting her with Bill would be about the same whiplash. The show has had a serious case of the wha-ha-huh for 3 seasons. I’ll watch but I will be glad to see the show end. It hasn’t achieved quite the same creative oomph it once did.

10. Liz says:

Sookie & Bill FOREVER!!!

11. ivy says:

i like alcide, glad he is finally being included this year in things
    don’t like bill, never have, he’s just so blah
    i cant believe Luke would quit over his character’s sexuality but if it is true,i’m shocked.
    however new james look pretty cool maybe re casting was the best thing all round

12. Pati says:

They definitely messed up with this show it had potential I wish it wasn’t ending and that they would give us Sookie and Eric but I still love the show the trailer looked I’m still watching it

13. Das Snow says:

That looks okay. Where is Tara?

14. Brittney says:

Ok I’m starting to get really worried that we have not seen Eric in any promos. I know they said he was coming back but how small a role? I just need Eric.
    Also ugh Sookie/Bill. At this point i prefer her with anyone but him.

15. DarkDefender says:

The player wouldn’t let me pause (to be sure), but did I see Pam? Gives me hope that my favorite immortal Viking is just being kept under wraps til they are ready to bring him back. #TeamEric

16. S says:

So predictable… I may just skip the final season. I love Eric and many others but I may just try and find their scenes on Youtube since its clearly all about Beel n Sookeh now. Good riddance.

17. Lou says:

I’m so very excited for all of the Bill & Sookie goodness teased in this promo! I love it when they work together, and I’m hoping for more romance between them before the show ends.

18. Shiver says:

So I read most of the books. I’m confused. Sookie winds up with Eric and they remain a couple through the majority of the series of Boole I read so I’m not sure why they changed that! It really upsets me to not see them together.

19. tvdiva says:

Oh Hooker (TVLINE) please! There is another Youtube Season Seven trailer that shows all the cast members (including Eric/Alex) discussing Season Seven. He will be back.

20. Melissa B. says:

Eric! Forget the other two! Eric and Sookie were awesome together! Bill is an ass, Alcide is HOT, but Eric is the whole f’ing package!

21. Stef says:

I think Sookie and Eric have fantastic sexual and emotional chemistry!

22. faeryvampire says: