Arrow Actor, Wonderland's Alice Cast in A&E Drama The Returned

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 - Official Coverage - People And Atmosphere Day 5

Arrow‘s ill-fated mayor is working his way down the public service ladder: He’s now The Returned‘s sheriff.

Kevin Alejandro, who played Starling City boss Sebastian Blood on the CW series, will lay down the law as Sheriff Tommy Moran in A&E’s adaptation of the French supernatural drama, our sister site Deadline reports.

The 10-episode, straight-to-series Returned tells the story of a small town in which many presumed-deceased residents reappear, with varying repercussions. Lost‘s Carlton Cuse will co-executive-produce.

VIDEO | Exclusive Sneak Peek:  Longmire Tells Vic the Truth About His Wife

Mark Pellegrino (Lost, The Tomorrow People) joined the project last month as Jack, the father of twin girls, one of whom comes back to life after dying in a school-bus crash four years prior. Deadline reports that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland lead Sophie Lowe will play Lena, one of Jack’s twins, and Mat Vairo (Revolution) has signed on as Simon, a musician who reappears a decade after his death.

In addition to Arrow, Alejandro has had roles in True BloodGolden Boy and Ugly Betty.

1. Justin says:

ABC already did this show. I see no pont in another one with the same exact plot.

• Nate says:

2 different shows

• Justin says:

No, theyre exactly the same. Just different names.

• Nate says:

Have you ever heard of Google? Try it sometime.

• Justin says:

Have you ever tried reading comprehension? Try it some time.

• zerb says:

When someone has the I’m right you’re wrong attitude, convincing them of anything but what their mind is set on, becomes pointless.

• zerb says:

that post was meant for Nate, in regards to his response to Justin. Justin, good job of noticing the similarity. Try educating yourself on the difference before being a know it all.

• Justin says:

Zerb, try educating yourself on the same. You don’t like my opinion? Fine. But you and Nate have a lot of nerve to tell me to go to google or educate myself because you don’t agree with me. I know what The Returned is and I know what Resurrection is. And I still say they are the same. Don’t agree? Fine. But I don’t need either of you to tell me that I need to research what I say.

• johnhelvete says:

Resurrection on ABC is based on a book called The Returned. Perhaps the author did rip off the original French movie, They Came Back, which is the basis for the French series The Returned. However, they are not exactly the same. Watch the 90 second trailer for the French series for when it aired in the UK and you can get a feel for how different the two shows are.

• Shazay says:

They’re NOT the same. The French version of this show aired on Sundance last year, and taped well before resurrection was even a concept at ABC. This A&E version is based off of that show almost directly. Resurrection and The Returned are different, I watched both, and only really enjoyed the returned. It might still be on demand. If you don’t mind subtitles, totally watch it, it’s soooo good!

• Dys says:

They are very similar and have the same basic premise, but the execution of that premise is not likely to be “exactly” the same. Both come from different source material, and both will likely have differences from the originals and each other. Maybe not enough for your liking, but hopefully enough to make there be a point, even if you end up not acknowledging that there is one. Obviously your mind is made up, and that is your right.

• zerb says:

Justin, you are entitled to believe that they are the same, but there is a difference between stating an opinion as an opinion or stating an opinion as a fact as you originally did with your insistence. Despite the undeniable on the surface similarities that you are using to form an opinion, they are factually not the same in the grand scheme of things as things veer into different directions. Those of us who are familiar with and/or have seen or read the source material for each project, as well as viewed ABC’s show know that to be true and are vouching for that based on visual knowledge, not assumptions, yet we’re the ignorant ones?

• Justin says:

The thing that makes you ignorant is assuming that I don’t know, have watched, and read all the materials like you and still have my opinion that they are the same.

2. Nate says:

Gonna watch it of course but it’s still a bad idea. The French one is amazing. When is season 2 coming out?

• Scott Johnston says:

Its hard to find much out. Its “in production”. Deadline says they started filming back in Jan/Feb and season 2 will get its US debut on Sundance in late 2014.

3. Allen says:

They’re gonna have a hard time finding a little boy as creepy as the French version.

4. MD says:

Loved the tone of the French version. Highly interested in the American version.

5. CJ says:

You forget one of Kevin Alejandro’s best roles – Detective Nate Moretta on Southland. For me, that role is unforgettable.

6. Ray says:

So unnecessary with ABC beating them to the punch with Resurrection. A&E should just swallow its pride and concede. Are there no other pending projects they can invest their time and money into?

7. Simon says:

The Returned is soooo great. Ressurrection has improved a lot. I have faith in Cuse but there are going to be too many people who think AE are ripping off ABC and will not tune in.

8. Jared says:

Had zero interest in this show unil Mark Pellegrino and Kevin Alejandro signed on. Now I’ll definitely be watching.

9. Dwight says:

For the record, if this plays out like the French original, then using the term “twins” instead of “sisters” is a major spoiler for the pilot episode. The author of this article may want to change that and delete this comment after. Thanks.

10. Eeek! The details about the twins is a bit of a spoiler there TVLine

11. Isobel says:

Is Clementine still happening? Or are they shown in different seasons?

12. Doris Bell says:

Sophie Lowe was one reason I didn’t care as much for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland as I had expected to. Frankly, I couldn’t stand her and also found her singularly unattractive. I don’t know if I’ll watch this show because of her.

13. dvmom says:

How long before Kevin’s character gets killed off is what I want to know?

14. jm says:

My biggest question will his character survived? I cant remember a single show in which his character had survived… Arrow, True Blood, Ugly Betty, Southland…