The America’s Next Top Model maven will launch a new syndicated lifetime talk show for Disney-ABC in 2015, the network announced Friday.
The untitled show will feature a team of lifestyle experts, led by Banks, tackling everything from fashion and beauty to home and entertaining to empowerment and individual enterprise.
The model-turned-TV producer’s previous talker, The Tyra Banks Show, ran for five seasons.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Boardwalk Empire has tapped newcomer Travis Tope to recur in the HBO drama’s fifth and final season as Slim, a young drifter who comes to Atlantic City to work for Mickey Doyle (played by Paul Sparks), per The Hollywood Reporter.
* Ghost Hunters cast members Amy Bruni and Adam Berry are leaving the Syfy series, our sister site Deadline reports. The duo are developing a new show idea in the paranormal genre.
* Downton Abbey has booked English actress Sue Johnston (Waking the Dead, Coronation Street) to guest-star in Season 5 as Lady’s Maid to Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
* Kris Kristofferson (the Blade trilogy) has joined History’s Texas Rising miniseries; he’ll play President Andrew Jackson.
* Showtime is teaming with filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) for the documentary 7 Deadly Sins, airing Aug. 7 at 11/10c. The stylized series will explore one sin — gluttony, sloth, envy, pride, wrath, greed and lust — per episode.