Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Jason Returns for Alison's Homecoming

Pretty Little Liars Season 5

Pretty Little Liars is staging a full-on DiLaurentis family reunion in Season 5 — with the exception of poor Mrs. D, whose corpse was last seen being dragged into a hole on the spring finale. (But hey, let’s not ruin the nice moment.)

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Summer Premiere Sneak Peek: Ezra’s Secret Revealed and More Ali Flashbacks

New pictures from the June 17 episode (ABC Family, 8/7c) show Alison back in Rosewood for the first time since revealing her existence to the world, and while her dad looks thrilled to have his little girl back, big brother Jason appears to have more pressing issues on his mind.

Executive producer Marlene King recently told TVLine that Alison’s dad will try to take her away from Rosewood, which presents her with an interesting dilemma: “Do I really want to stay here? Should I make a clean break? That’s all part of her journey.”

The gallery also features a few other familiar faces, including Detective Holbrook, who remains suspicious of the girls’ involvement in … well, pretty much everything that’s going on.

Browse the new photos, then drop a comment with your predictions: Will Ali choose to stay in Rosewood? Should she? (My answers: Yes and no, respectively.)

1. Morgan says:

I hope Ali doesn’t leave because that will basically bring the show back to its usual pattern of non-A-related Rosewood relationship drama with 2 minutes of A-clues every season. at least with Ali here we have to get some answers…I mean she has to talk, right?… unless she gets amnesia or something- wouldn’t put it past the writers to do this though.

2. Tran says:

Can’t believe Jason is back after he mysteriously vanishes in his hospital bed the last time we seen that happened in the second half of Season Three but he was MIA throughout much of Season Four. I’m wondering if Jason is the one behind the mask who shot Ezra in the Season Four finale and my money’s on him though.

3. abz says:

More feedback on the new layout: I think it’s a little inconvenient to have to have to go to another page to see the photo gallery. I think the older format was better with everything on the same page.

They’d be stupid to make her leave. The whole point of this season is to have her join the group and bring some sort of new dynamic and change to the show. Having her leave and popping in here and there is not interesting. But I have a feeling they’re going to just that to prolong any more plot progression in favour of having the repetitive relationships and family drama be the main focus rather than getting to the bottom of who has been torturing them for so long. I hope they write this season better and have less filler episodes like that waste of a black/white episode that really did nothing for the show.

4. Shannon says:

The gallery doesn’t work on my PC :( Hopefully I’ll be able to view it on my tablet.

5. Riana says:

I can’t believe people actually think she’s going to leave. Of course she’s not leaving, especially since she’s destined to be with Emily.

6. Mike C. says:

Alison will definitely stay. And for the sake of the show, yes she SHOULD stay. But I have a feeling that Alison knows a lot less information than we have always assumed she knew……. So it probably won’t help much that she’s back.

7. lisa aka PitaJean says:

I’m glad det. Holbrook s still around! Thank god!

8. Christina says:

Jason is A, I just know it. Who else would ms d try to protect? Why else would he lie about where he has been for the past year? It’s fairly simple, and I am certain of it.