Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming Among Tony Awards Performers

Hedwig & the Angry InchBelasco Theatre

CBS vets Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Alan Cumming (The Good Wife) will be among the performers when the Eye airs the 68th Tony Awards on Sunday, June 8.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Star: ‘Heart-Wrenching’ Funeral, Cut from Finale, May Have Softened Blow

A Tony nominee this year, Harris will performer with the cast of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, while Cumming will headline a number from the revival of Cabaret. (Fun fact: Cumming delivered a real crowd-pleaser at the CBS Upfronts this month, opening the event as Eli Gold-as-Cabaret emcee singing “Willkommen.” Epic.)

Also among this year’s Tony Awards performers are nominee Idina Menzel (with a song from the musical If/Then), nominee Sutton Foster and the cast of Violet and a 10-year anniversary number from the cast of Wicked.

Golden Globe and Tony winner Hugh Jackman returns as host.

1. Aimee says:

Kind of sad that NPH isn’t hosting but it will be great to see him perform.

2. jasonbres says:

Nothing about Bridges of Madison County performing?!! That’s the show I’d really like to see perform! I don’t care that it closed already, people need to hear why this Jason Robert Brown deserves the Tony for Best Score!

• Anna says:

Thank you thank you thank you for saying this! I totally agree! Great score and to have Kelli and/or Steven sing that would be fantastic!

3. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article
    seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a format issue
    or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know.
    The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved
    soon. Cheers

4. EJ says:

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that NPH will perform a duet with Hugh Jackman. They’ve done this before. It’ll probably have something to do with NPH being up for the award later that night, which he’ll probably win.

5. Coal says:

Alan Cummings is really under used on The Good Wife. As for Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman, they are extremely talented actors and loveable people, because they don’t take themselves to seriously, they are able to take on mainstream projects as well more thespian endeavours without being pretentious about it.

6. Ana says:

Hope NPH wins. He’s performance as Hedwig is just brilliant.

7. Elizabeth says:

I can’t wait to see the Les Misérables cast perform again. I saw it back in April and haven’t been able to get it out of my head, nor do I want to. I am definitely pulling for Ramin Karimloo and Les Miz in these awards.

8. Jules says:

I was hoping Wicked anniversary number would include original cast or at least Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith.

9. Jamie says:

NPH, Alan Cumming, Sutton Foster, AND Idina Menzel?? Eeee!