Ratings: SYTYCD Returns Down, The 100 Rises, Snowden Special Tops Slot

So You Think You Can Dance Ratings

So You Think You Can Dance opened its 11th season on Wednesday night with 5.3 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating — up a bit in audience yet down 16 percent in the demo versus its previous premiere (which aired in-season opposite a mighty NCIS finale).

RELATED | So You Think You Can Dance Premiere Recap: 5 Best Auditions from New Orleans and Chicago

Leading out of a Last Comic Standing rerun, the NBC News special Inside the Mind of Edward Snowden (5.9 mil/1.3) led the 10 o’clock slot in the demo (but was edged out by a CSI rerun in total audience, 5.9 mil vs. 6.1 mil).

Elsewhere among fresh fare, The CW’s The 100 (1.7 mil/0.6) rose 16 percent and a tenth and ABC’s Motive (4 mil/0.9) was flat.

A Criminal Minds repeat drew Wednesday’s largest audience, with 7.2 million viewers.

Want scoop on any summer or fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. I love SYTYCD but had no idea it even started back last night. There’s been VERY little promotion. I do have it Tivo’ed now.

• GhostWolf says:

I don’t think there was any promotion for the show unless it aired during odd times. Only knew it was coming thanks to the trusty DVR.

2. Dennis says:

How is The CW profitable with those numbers? They should have never merged The WB with UPN… The WB had a brand that people liked and tuned in to, and it had much higher ratings than what The CW pulls now.

• Dennis too says:

I loved the WB shows, some of the best, I still go back an re-watch them sometimes. the only thing I ever watched on upn were the star trek shows

3. Coal says:

You now I’d been sceptical about The 100 because its on The CW, so I decided what the heck, there is nothing to watch anyway, so I binge watched the 1st 10 episodes. I found myself enjoying it very match, It reminded me of shows like Lost, Falling Skies and The Walking dead, but like most CW shows that whole teenage love triangle gets in the way of a decent show. I’ll stick with it though.

4. Dee says:

I like SYTYCD but I am not happy with Bieber being on it so I am not sure if I am going to watch. That could also be why the ratings dropped.

5. jenna says:

while I like the 100 the constant relationship switches is getting tiresome. I’m hoping to see more of whats happening on the ark! One thing that confused me is how empty the ark was, if so many didn’t survive shouldn’t the ship be riddled with dead bodies?

6. demoniam says:

Bieber probably kept viewers away from SYTYCD. I deleted it off my dvr, not wasting my time on an episode full of Bieber ass-kissing.

• Carla Krae says:

He wasn’t on much, actually. He and his choreographer introduced 2 dance crews in the 2nd hour. That’s it.

7. Teri says:

I’d be interested to know how the Goldbergs fared on its new night.

8. Lore says:

Why SYTYCD went down? Bieber? i mean, im surprised that the fans didnt broke records, but for the fans of the show, is awful news, i dont want him in my favorite show