Lost Vet Mark Pellegrino Tapped to Star In A&E Drama Series The Returned

Mark Pellegrino The ReturnedA&E’s supernatural drama The Returned is playing host to a Lost reunion of sorts.

RELATED | A&E, Lost Boss to Adapt The Returned

Mark Pellegrino, last seen on The CW’s The Tomorrow People, has been cast as a lead in the 10-episode, straight-to-series drama, our sister site Deadline reports. This reunites Pellegrino with co-executive producer Carlton Cuse, who served as co-showrunner during Pellegrino’s time on ABC’s Lost.

An adaptation of a French series, The Returned tells the story of a small town that suddenly finds several of its presumed-deceased residents reappearing with a mess of repercussions, both good and bad.

Pellegrino will play Jack, the father of twin girls, one of whom comes back to life after dying in a school-bus crash four years prior.

1. rflairfan1 says:

I just watched the original this past winter. I wonder what they will change or if anything. It’s not like Broadchurch where they need to change everything.

-Side note I know that Broadchurch will have a season 2, The Returned will have a season 2 but I can’t seem to find any information on The Fall. Will it have a season 2?

• jerrired says:

The Fall will have a second season, they just haven’t announced an airdate. It’s likely to air at the end of the year or next year because they just began filming it.

• rflairfan1 says:

Awesome. I enjoyed season 1 quite a bit. Out of all the overseas shows I watch the only one that was horrible was Top of the Lake.

• jerrired says:

I never heard of Top of the Lake, but I loved The Returned. I didn’t enjoy The Fall as much as I hoped, and I need to see BroadChurch. If you liked all those shows, you might want to check out Rectify. It has a similar tone.

• Aimee says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who did not enjoy Top of the Lake. Elizabeth Moss did a great job in it but other than that it wasn’t very good. I can’t understand all the hype over that show.

2. MeJ says:

Are you… But… Isn’t Resurrection ALREADY a terrible reboot of this series?!

• Andy Swift says:

These things tend to comes in pairs… or groups… or hoards.

• No it isn’t. Resurrection is based on the book “The Returned”. The french show “The Returned” is based on a film called “They Came Back”. The TV Returned has nothing to do with the book Returned.

• Joey says:

No matter what, in every single article on Resurrection or The Returned, you will always find at least one person who is “confused” about how all of the series /aren’t/ related. They’re just trolls, and there’s really no point in responding to them.

• RUCookie says:

I don’t know if I would automatically thyink they are trolls. I honestly had no idea of the difference, having never seen or heard of the book. That question was going through my head as I read the article as well. Not everyone with honest questions are trying to be internet nuisances.

3. jerrired says:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I loved the original series, and I’m just as excited for the US version. This casting news has gotten me even more excited for this series.

4. MaJuly says:

Aparently, Ressurection is not a reboot of The Returned. (based on a book or something like that) Still lame if you ask me.

5. nate says:

still think the adaption is a terrible move but if he’s in it ill watch it

6. kam says:

You gave away a mini-twist from the original series in your last line. Not sure if they’ll remake this one to exactly follow the French version…but in the French version it was a surprise.

7. liz says:

awesome. I love Pellegrino; he always adds a level of dry wry camp to everything he does and I love it.

8. jane mark says:

Awesome actor. I enjoy watching him

9. Ali says:

Glad to see Pellegrino popping up in a new show. That CW show (can’t remember name) with all the teenyboppers was god awful.

• Daniel says:

#TheTomorrowPeople is what youre looking for. Its missed by a ton of people & was the highest rated cancelled series on the CW. Its going to go down as one of the stupidest mistakes they ever made. Youre entitled to your opinion tho. :)

10. johnhelvete says:

Pellegrino is an interesting actor. For an ensemble show, many of the important roles in the original were female, which I hope they keep in the remake.

11. Scribe says:

Finally hes in the lead!

12. Blake says:

Why are they “adapting” the show when the second season of the original series is slated to air later this year? I think I’ll stick with the French version …

• Ana says:

Because not everybody knows about the french version or cares to watch in subtitles.

• Rodg says:

Everyone isn’t watching the French version.Plus for some people it is much easier to watch something on tv than to find it online and watch it

13. Skwierzyna says:

You have no rest and I’ve got too much rest!! LOL Freighter seems to need a day off to regroup after his outstanding show. And that puppy is far too cute!! :)

14. Kim Slater says:

I love Mark Pellegrino ! But, this sounds an awful lot like Resurrection.

15. He should never have left Supernatural! But it´s great he´s on TV!