True Blood Season 7 Full-Length Trailer: 'The Past Has Caught Up With the Present'

True Blood‘s first set of Season 7 teaser photos hinted at an increased focus on Bon Temps-area action — and a definite/disturbing lack of Alexander Skarsgard‘s Nordic vamp Eric.

Now, HBO has dropped the first official trailer for the sexy bloodsucking thriller’s final set of 10 episodes, and it’s time for you to dig in with more theories about how the tale of Sookie Stackhouse & Co. will end.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

The accompanying theme music promises “there’s a reckoning a comin’,” and Sookie herself frets that “they’re coming for every godd–n human in this town!” There’s a mass grave in the mix, too. Yikes!

True Blood‘s final season kicks off Sunday, June 22 at 9/8c on HBO.

Press PLAY for the full trailer, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Season 7 trailer!

1. Erin says:

Where the frack is Eric?

• Paul says:

If they showed scenes with Eric, it would be a huge “spoiler” about the upcoming season. After all, he’s dead.

2. Josh says:

Hmm, this might actually be a good season as it seems to be focused on Bon Temps. The biggest problem with this show has been that it overextended itself. If it refocuses on the main core the cast(Sookie, Bill, Tara, Eric, Sam, Jason, Jessica and Pam because she’s awesome) and don’t give like thousands of storylines to others and have the main seven have storylines with each other, than it could actually be good….No more twenty different storylines.

As for Eric’s absence. He’s around. I doubt he’d be gone. Pam saved him. They probably just have a lot of scenes together, hence why we see only one shoot of Pam.

3. Ameer says:

Looks good.

4. Kelly says:

WHERE is eric…. I swear…

5. s&eatotl says:

Where is Alexander Skarsgard as Eric Northman? We already know he’s coming back for season seven. You’re not fooling anyone, HBO. :)

6. tv2day says:

Last season was awful. Hopefully they go out with a bang.

• Jon says:

It’s True Blood. I think there will be much banging….

• Elyse says:

I’m at the end of season 5 and I thought it was freaking terrible so I’m bummed that season 6 is terrible too!! :( is it as bad as 5??

• ABG says:

I thought 5 was the worst by far, followed by 4. Season 6 had a couple of stinkers (mainly the premiere and finale) but the rest was fine.

• Elyse says:

I’m about half way through season 6 now… its definitely not my favorite! I think 5 was way worse though.

7. WTactualF says:

Bill deserves comeuppance. He’s not a hero. Sheriff Bellefleur is right. There’s nothing Bill can do to makeup for all his sins.

8. Tran says:

Can’t wait to see how the “bloodbath” is going to end.

9. fatalsin says:

i really hope she doesnt end up with that semi werewolf…Al

10. S says:

Ugh, I want to see Eric already… But anyway If you pause it you will see Eric’s basement twice! It looks like someone is getting bitten and another is someone attacking some blonde chick.

11. EJ386 says:

I like that most reactions are ‘where is Eric’, which was my first thought too. Also still hoping for Sookie and Eric to end up together, neither Bill nor Alcide can measure up.

• Nic says:

The TV show didn’t really follow the books with respect to Eric and Sookie’s relationship (save for certain key occurrences, namely in season 4). And – SPOILER if you haven’t read them – Eric and Sookie don’t end up together in the books. So it is difficult to imagine that they would ever be together on the show, seeing as they have even less history/interaction/connection.

• EJ386 says:

I have read the books, that is the main reason why I am still rooting for Eric and Sookie to end up together. [A.S.-awesomeness being a close second.] I know the TV show is different and I could live with Alcide, but every other coupling is boring or unbelievable.

12. Robert says:

I like the trailer but I am surprise we still have no news about Lafayette’s new love interest for the final season; considering he is one of the most popular character on the show.

13. Leo says:

We’ll there are rumors that Lafayette’s love interest is the same guy who served as Jessica’s last season. So there probably trying to keep it hidden to what they think will amount to a big reveal.

14. katedfw says:

Can’t wait! I love this show and I am sad it is ending. But thank God for dvd’s that I will always be able to get my Eric fix!!

15. Danielle H. says:

DO not toy with the people who have watched for 7 long years.. give us Eric since this will be our last chance to see him! GAH! Man, I hope there are some lighter moments because it seems like this season is going to be dismal.

16. Ebee says:

The video almost makes it seem like Jessica and Andy’s daughter are going to become a new item.

17. I reiterate my earlier observation that I’m still waiting for war to break out between the vampires and the faeries that were chasing Sookie like two or three seasons ago. Given how it was established that time in the land of Fae works, if they were a minute or two behind her after she vanished, Maab should be catching up to her sometime in Sookie’s future.

18. Angela says:

God i dont want this show to be over!!!!! =((((((

19. Abby says:

I hope Sookie and Bill find their way back to each other

20. Kay says:

I can’t wait to watch it