New USA Network Drama Trailers Deliver a Rush, Bring Complications and Offer Satisfaction

A trio of new leading men are coming to USA Network — Tom Ellis (Miranda), Jason O’Mara (Life on Mars) and Matt Passmore (The Glades) — and we’ve got fresh trailers for their respective new dramas Rush, Complications and Satisfaction.

RELATED | USA Network Sets Summer Dates for Covert Affairs, Graceland and Others

Premiering Thursday, July 17 at 9/8c, Rush stars Ellis as a renegade physician — named, yes, Dr. Rush — who privately caters to L.A.’s elite, and not at all on the cheap.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Leading out of Rush on Thursday nights, Satisfaction stars Passmore and Stephanie Szostak (The Devil Wears Prada) as Neil and Grace, slightly disenfranchised marrieds who resort to unconventional choices to explore the question, “What do you do when having it all is not enough?”

RELATED | Alien Invasion Thriller, Michael Urie Comedy in Pipeline at USA Network

And in the yet-to-be scheduled Complications, O’Mara plays a suburban ER doctor who finds his existence transformed when he intervenes in a drive-by shooting and saves a young boy’s life — something that a local gang very much would rather he not have done.

1. CBWBDK1 says:

Does anyone know when Graceland returns?

2. I’m…cautiously optimistic about Rush and even Complications, but as much as I loved Matt Passmore in Glades, no thank you AT ALL about Satisfaction. Ugh.

3. A. D. says:

Blah…what happened to all the good shows USA has done…this is all crap!

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree. The occasional gritty show is good on USA (Graceland), but stick to what your great at….unique situations done with charm, heart, sexiness, etc. Graceland is great because its a bunch of good characters, in a very unique situation, that because its real (there really was a Graceland that shared multiple Federal Agents) I bought in and have really enjoyed it. Royal Pains was a great character (Hank) who became a concierge doctor in the Hamptons for a really awesome character (Borris)….all very unique and not done before. So on and so on…these shows are not that unique, dont have great grit or heart or sex appeal or anything like that from the trailers…

• M3rc Nate says:

I mean lets go through USA’s hits and what made them hits. Monk was SO unique and well acted, it had heart and quirkiness. Psych had one commonality (police consultant noticing small clues) but it was completely different in tone, with beloved characters and a very light tone and a 80’s quirkiness. Burn Notice was pretty unique, a show about a Burned spy (I bet 99.9% of BN fans had never heard of the term Burn Notice), and a unique premise of a spy after he’s setup and burned and grouping with his unique friends/family to help people and find out what happened to him. Lots of heart, some grit, tons of ingenuity and fun. Suits, a show about lawyers in sexy NY? Not that unique, but a insanely sexy cast of good/great actors, with the lead character having the unique skill of an eidetic memory and being a fraud in this law-firm? Unique. Lots of sexy grit, some heart, a lot of great “shipping” and coupling between Mike and Rachel.

I could go on and on about Graceland and how they took a Fed show and put a “based on a true story” unique spin on it, and how Covert Affairs gets it right in a female lead CIA officer, and White Collar, another spin on Federal Agents (FBI) and it being a White Collar Division which is something we hadn’t seen before, and a con man that is a full glass of sexy/style/suave/charm.

These shows don’t have that special spin/uniqueness that draws me in. Another concierge doctor but this time gritty? Pass, unoriginal. A cheating wife with a male prostitute and husband becomes a male prostitute for revenge? I’ll give them originality points but (personally) repulsive and disgusting, pass. Complications? A show about a Doctor who shoots gangbangers who were gonna murder a little boy, and then protects the boy? Not very original/unique…and I don’t see much personality, much of anything to draw me in. Passmore is the only actor on any of these shows (the three trailers) that I think has enough personality to carry a show on USA (maybe any network).

4. Satisfaction looks interesting… Rush – meh…. Complications – nah – O’Mara must have the best agents because he is a terrible actor and he keeps getting jobs.

5. Elysium says:

I adore Matt Passmore. I was really disappointed when Glades was cancelled. Glad he’s in a new show!

6. analog says:

I like Tom Ellis so I’m gonna say yes to Rush.

7. M3rc Nate says:

Rush: Its Royal Pains without the charm, and heart, but instead replaced with sexiness, grit, and “House-isms”. I’ll give it a shot but I doubt it will be a hit. Just doesn’t look like much substance is there.

Satisfaction: Gross…SO tired of cheating/revenge cheating/caught cheating shows. Modern day love story? lol what?! The whole trailer is the wife cheating on her husband with a male prostitute and the husband cheating back by becoming a male prostitute….lol wtf? A USA show about being a male call-guy? That would be interesting…essentially if the actor from The Glades (who I like) was the actual male prostitute (no married) and the show followed him and his life…then okay I might watch cause that’s unique, but this? Pass…gross…I hope it gets cancelled.

Complications: Hmmm….not a ton to say, I’m intrigued and I will check it out, but I’m not totally sure what the show is about after he saves the kid and protects the kid…does this guy essentially become a vigilante? Doing whatever needs to be done to save people including fighting/killing people? I can see from this trailer the first season worth of story but I don’t see what about the premise can last multiple seasons.

8. Emgee says:

Complications actually looks REALLY good. Rush looks decent, though a similar premise to “Royal Pains” which is boring beyond belief.
    Satisfaction…no thanks.

9. TaMara says:

Love O’Mara, but am going to pass on complications. Rush looks interesting and I’ll give Matt Passmore a try, though it looks a little dark. I preferred USA as the lighter fair, not FOX lite.

10. analog says:

Is Odette Annabelle sticking around on Rush?

11. bj says:

One of those scenes in Rush seems eerily similiar to one from Mob Doctor.

12. I have to say that, while these look okay, I’m a bit disappointed that there isn’t anything “new.” No ocd detectives. No fake psychics. No burned spies. USA has copied the formulas of a bunch of other rote shows. Plus what the heck’s with each one of these having male leads? Jesus.

13. Brain says:

It’s too early to judge how good the shows are going to be by the trailers but they look good.

It’s about time the USA network has finally gotten into the game and ordered some different types of shows.

Ever since Monk became a big success all USA had been doing is ordering television series with the same basic premise and formula.

It’s good that they are finally doing something different.

14. Beverly says:

Curiosity question – I know that White Collar has been renewed for a final six episode season . . . has there been any word about when this is planned to be aired? Next Fall, next Winter, Fall of 2015? Anything??? :)

15. Temperance says:

Wow… that’s a triple pass. I’ll check again next year after these quickly expire.

16. Dusty says:

I agree with most everyone here. USA seems to have hit a brick wall with these 3… These all seem like shows you could find on any other network. I thought Fairly Legal had a pretty great premise, and yet, USA canceled it. Maybe because of the success of Graceland, they’re trying to find darker, grittier shows? Well… if that’s the case, then that really bums me out. Because I tune into USA for light-hearted, “blue skies” (as they branded their programming years ago) original content. And I’d rather watch another channel than tune into these 3 shows.

17. Todd says:

USA has hit a crossroads in the last few 2-3 years. Their “blue sky” programs, which were a ratings boon for them and help define the network, have faded out due to falls in ratings (and maybe some questionable writing). They are trying to get some of the “edgier” audience with their shows and are struggling to produce hits like they used to do so easily. When USA had their period of great success, there were not that many high quality shows on cable and regular TV. But in the last several years, the overall quality of television, especially cable, has improved greatly. The competition has gotten stronger and they are late to the game. USA is working to adjust to the new paradigm and program accordingly while trying to keep their signature “spark”.

18. dreamlife613 says:

Satisfaction and Complications (these titles!) surprised me; the only USA show I watch is Graceland, but both of these look pretty decent.

Rush? Uh uh. No thanks.

Wonder when DIG is coming, because it has Jason Isaacs and sounds cool.

19. SherryB says:

I don’t have very high hopes for Satisfaction. Matt Passmore in this role will not do well after The Glades, which many viewers LOVED and hated A&E for their abrupt cancellation. Loyal fans can not understand why USA could not have picked up The Glades and continued on. Very loyal fan based show that didn’t “fit” A&E’s plan..The trailer that is showing for Satisfaction leaves Passmore fans anything but satisfied I am afraid..

20. USA shows are crap! says:

This show Satisfaction what garbage TV. Really!! Talk about White Trash! A married couple screwing around on one another? Called a modern love story? You cancel The Glades for this crap?! Give me a break!!! Matt Passmore is a great actor, to me this show is degrading… I hope it cancels after the first show!

21. Michele Busboom says:

The lead character in RUSH is loveable, especially with his weakness for real things, like how his face softened when he saw his little sister, and how he’s really tough on those who need to have their butts kicked. The empathy he shows toward his lifelong friends is admirable. Plus, he is pretty beautiful to look at ;)