Exclusive

Exclusive Bones Finale Sneak Peek: Is Booth Above the Law? Is Brennan Slinging a Shotgun?

“Explosive” is but one of the words Emily Deschanel uses to describe the Bones Season 9 finale (airing Monday at 8/7c) — and after watching this extended sneak peek, you will believe her.

RELATED | Bones Season Finale Scoop from David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel

In “The Recluse in the Recliner,” the Jeffersonian team investigates the death of a blogger who met his maker before keeping an appointment with Booth (played by David Boreanaz, who also directed), to discuss a previous case. As the Jeffersonian team digs into the volatile conspiracy surrounding the man’s death, it’s evident Booth may be in over his head, putting his future with the FBI — if not much more — in jeopardy.

As executive producer Stephen Nathan says in the video below, the episode could have served as a promo for lead-out 24: Live Another Day, rife as it is with intense, conspiratorial overtones. Oh, and it also has Brennan toting a shotgun like a boss.

1. Jess says:

This ep is also directed by David Boreanaz. Which is worth noting, imo. He is a a terrific director.

2. Jess says:

And O. M. G. this ep looks A. M. A. Z. I. N. G!

3. kmayne says:

and not available in Canada which sucks

4. 206episodesofBones says:

Wow!! Talk about intense! Their poor mighty house :(

• lisa says:

wat wat wat!!!!!?????????? wat hapnd to their poor mighty hut…i cant see the video.i’m from india. can sum1 pls summarise wat happens in the video…dying to know

5. Lisa-Anne says:

This looks amazing! the worst part is going to be the wait for next season if the cliffhanger is as big as Emily says!!! Can’t wait for Monday!!!!

6. Not related to this episode, and probably a dumb question but please cut me some slack as I’ve had a long week. But did they ever answer Pelant’s thing with the alarm clock? I must have missed it because I honestly can not remember for the life of me.

• Kelley H. says:

The “4:47″ theme will be probably be tied to the conspiracy in the FBI. It would not surprise me one bit if Pelant discovered that Stephanie McNamara was a serial killer from way back, while he was doing his own killings and they “chose” to keep each others secret.

• Daisy says:

i hope that they bring the whole story about Pelant, because Steven Nathan said,” Pelant will be back in the flesh.” in a previous interview. And I was looking forward to Pelant coming back he was cool. So I an expecting Pelant will be in season 10.

• Randi says:

Ok so I’ve been watching all the episodes again on Netflix (just cause I can) and the alarm thing also happens in the episode where Booth has the brain surgery and dreams he’s a club owner with Brennan. It’s at the very beginning of the episode meaning the alarm thing goes all the way back to season 5! We only started noticing it during the Pelant episodes.

• Gina Finamore says:

its also in the season 5 finale when they all split up… I don’t see how it can relate back either to specifically Pelant… though if we are assuming it also involves the McNamaras and that they new about it I guess maybe… my assumption is that it always represented a specific important moment between B&B… in the coma dream essentially they were both realizing and dealing with being in love with one another… even if it wasnt said it was HER book she was writing and it was HIS dream… in season 5 finale they all split up… in season 6 it happened when Mr Nigel Murray died and they FINALLY got together… season 7 Pelant forces them to separate, and season 9 opener they kind of reach a new point as they decide to basically say the hell with Pelant… anyways thats just my read on it

• Frankie707 says:

4:47 is not specific to Pelant. It has been a recurring thing since it’s appearance in the S4 finale, where as you mention it was the bime that “Bren” arrives home from the club and climbs into bed with Mr. B. :) There have been fans online tracking it’s appearance ever since that S4 finale.

As mentioned in another post it did appear in the S5 finale on a clock in the hoarder’s apartment. It was in S6’s Hole in the Heart, it’s the time on the clock when Brennan enters Booth’s bedroom crying over Vincent.

So definitely predating Pelant. There has been lots of speculation among fans as to what it might mean. I think it is either marking change or I guess really that something important is about to happen (oh and it didn’t make it into the episode but I believe they did say that Christine was born at 4:47 in the afternoon).

• Daisy says:

Well then what was the whole point of showing Pelant mess with Booth and Brennan’s clock? That’s is what I’d like to know.
        And again Steven Nathan said that Pelant will be back in the flesh (alive). I was really excited to see Pelant back he was cool.
        Well there is still a season 10 so Pelant could still come back.t. The show was so much better and more dramatic with Pelant in it.

• So glad to know that I didn’t miss them telling us what it means. But now of course I need to rewatch them. Again. Poor me. ;-)

7. Holy ~beep~ that looks good.

8. Susan says:

This is going to be EPIC! YES Screaming NOW!!!! and to think we have to wait, how many months? Hiatus sucks!

9. LuLu says:

WOW, I can not wait to see this episode. Brennan with a shotgun, Booth fighting for Justice and Honor, B&B home attacked, Brennan worst fear the possibility loosing Booth. David Boreanaz directed this episode. Its a must watch episode for me; Love this show and now for season 10 follow it to Thursday nights.

10. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Matt,
    Thank you for posting the video clip. D. B. is a talented director and actor. Soooo looking forward to this episode!

11. Gina Finamore says:

oh wow i think I get it… he wants her to go because he will be too worried about her to properly protect himself and will be distracted– and as she is toting that shotgun… she clearly refused to go :(

12. Laura C says:

Hate Pelant, was glad he was gone, do NOT look forward to his coming back in any way, shape, or form. That said, I love Bones, and watch them all, even repeats since Day One.

• carla says:

Agree! I did not like any of the shows that revolved around him and certainly hope they never bring him back!!!!!

13. Ruth Ann Walker says:

Bones is best show on TV. I can hardly wait till Monday, I have thought about sooo many different situations this last episode could go, it just blows my mind.
    Emily and David are the best, I never miss this show and am continuously watching re-runs
    till the next live episode comes on.

Ruth Ann

14. Michael Smoke says:

Ok, where’s the video? I just see a blank spot where the video should be?

15. Lady Jan says:

Waiting to see what happens.

16. Lisa Horn says:

Just a note regarding 4:47, it is also in the episode where Bones and Hodgins are kidnapped by the Gravedigger. It is the time on the radio before Bones turns it off.

17. Lisa-Anne says:

the 447 is signs of important moments in B&B it appears way more times where not so clear. Also there are more items that keep appearing, the tower of chicken wings from “The end in the beginning” have appeared in two other episodes in the background and the sign for the nightclub the Lab has also appeared in two other episodes.
    But back to the 447 we will not find out what that means until the last ever episode according to Hart Hansen.

18. Roro says:

I dint get home in time to see season 9 finale! So so saaaad and bummed! :(

19. Gabby says:

Does anyone know when season 10 will premiere?

20. Stella Rouse says:

Please do not end Bones now with this cliff hanger. I know that you make more money but think of the fans. Thanks

21. Lisa Horn says:

Also, in season 5 when Booth is outside at the coffee cart with Sweets, the Colonel he gets his orders from to return to the army is named Pelant. It is on his name patch on his uniform.. The season finally was awesome. I am sad that season 10 is going to be the end of Bones. Season 10 has not been given a start date as of yet, other then late September, early October.

• Completely addicted says:

So not ending with season 10 with the big plot twist they could only renew it one season to see how the ratings go… In the creators interview with TV guide he shares a few things about nxt season will be enteresting BUT Let’s just say if they end bones after it I will be so epically pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s been on so long you can’t help but ending up emotionally invested in it

22. Margaret says:

Well sounds like you are going to end Bones, you lose me and some others if it goes totally off the wall. Booth in prison and Bones toting a shot gun, No thanks. Good by Bones have sure enjoyed you in the past. At least I have eight good seasons.