New Trailers: TNT's The Librarians, Proof and Public Morals, TBS' Rashida Jones Cop Comedy

Librarian Noah Wyle is back, and this time he’s got friends, as revealed in the first trailer for The Librarians, TNT’s new series based off of its string of standalone telepics.

TNT also has released trailers for the new dramas Proof (starring Jennifer Beals as a surgeon obsessed with the afterlife), Public Morals (its Edward Burns-penned/-starring crime drama set in 1960s NYC) and Transporter The Series (which will make its U.S. debut on TNT this fall).

On the comedy side, TBS’ new trailers include Angie Tribeca (a Naked Gun-style police comedy starring Rashida Jones), Buzzy’s (a barbershop-set workplace comedy from the creators of Will & Grace) and Your Family or Mine (a multigenerational sitcom costarring Kyle Howard, Kat Foster, Richard Dreyfuss and JoBeth Williams).

Give ‘em all a gander, tell us your early favorites.

THE LIBRARIANS, TNT (premiering Winter 2014)

PROOF, TNT (premiering 2015)

PUBLIC MORALS, TNT (premiering 2015)

TRANSPORTER THE SERIES, TNT (Acquired series, premiering Fall 2014))

ANGIE TRIBECA, TBS (premiering 2015)

BUZZY’S, TBS (premiering 2015)

YOUR FAMILY OR MINE, TBS (premiering 2015)

1. Using footage from the Librarian movies isn’t fair. It gives the false impression that Flynt will be in the show more than he may ultimately actually be.

2. Ray says:

Production value on The Librarians is quite poor.

3. Arie says:

Looking forward to Angie Tribeca. I think it would’ve been a perfect fit on USA. Anyone know if this is an hour or half-hour show? Buzzy’s looks terrible. KoMut just can’t create a winner after Will & Grace.

4. The Bee says:

love love love Jennifer Beals. I’m so glad she’ll be back in a show that looks thought-provoking and promising. Also, “Angie Tribeca” seems absurdist and funny.

5. Gail says:

TNT Should use Christian Kane’s name in the trailer for the Librarians.

6. Joey Padron says:

The Librarians looks good and fun like TV movies series. Public Morals looks good. TBS’s new comedy’s Angie Tribeca and Your Family or Mine looks good and funny.

7. CBWBDK1 says:

Public Morals looks good. Will the Transporter be season 1 or 2?

8. Adenchiz says:

I remember seeing this transporter series last year I thought it got cancelled.

9. Fido says:

Dramas are a mixture of oh yeahs and oh puleeezes – will be watching The Librarians and The Transporter. And giving the comedys an ep

10. ggny says:

Wtf did i just watch in Angie Tribeca? Is it the 1980s? That just looks terrible

11. Stormy says:

Love The Librarian series, but with Jane Curtain on Unforgettable and without Bob Newhart, I’m not optimistic.

12. C says:

Oh dear, Rashida Jones, to go from “Parks and Recreation” to…that.

13. anakl says:

I love The librarian movies so I’ll give it a go to The Librarians… I also watch Proof & see how it goes from there…

14. a says:

Every single one of these looks atrocious, particularly the comedies.

15. Alex says:

There’s only room in my heart for one supernatural medical drama and that’s Saving Hope. Proof has a different enough overall concept (trying to prove of afterlife vs the sudden ability to speak with spirits and the ramifications of it), but I’m already seeing a little similarity (bright lines/glare to represent supernatural). Wonder if the supporting cast will be as good as SH. Really wish someone in the US would pick up Saving Hope…NBC gave up on it way too soon. Thank you Canada!

• cody123 says:

proof is like an exact ripoff of saving hope like how fix-it men is and exact rip-off of continuum thank you american cable shows, you have officially are copying off of Canada and the worst of it is that continuum still airs in the U.S. and even Michael shanks said on twitter how un-original this is I hope both shows fail and Alex you might be able to find saving hope on Netflix or somewhere online and if you do you should watch it because it has gotten so good (needless to say i’m from canada)

• Alex says:

I do watch it, it’s my favorite show at the moment. Some sites have it up hours after its shown in Canada. I bought the first season on DVD, (im)patiently waiting for season 2 DVD so I can watch with friends family and for season 3 to start this summer/fall. Picking up right where they left off so can’t wait.

16. Zach says:

All 3 TBS series look good, Tribeca by far the strongest, and YFoM looking better than Buzzy’s. The Boston accent’s are a bit over the top.

17. John NYC says:

An L.A. cop show where the lead is named after a NYC Manhattan neighborhood?
    2015 cannot come soon enough!

18. I would go for the librarians, now I wonder if Flynt is going to be in the series often and is not fair to use the footage of the movies it gives you false hopes of seeing those characters again and it ain’t gonna happen.

19. Linderella says:

The Librarians (because of Noah Wyle, cheesy or not) and Proof each look good. The only comedy preview I watched was for Buzzy’s and it was awful. IMHO

20. Jane says:

With Warehouse 13 finishing looks likely will get my weekly dose of artifact recovering hijinks from the Librarians.

21. Essie says:

I will watch The Librarians, loveee Rebecca Romijn. And I will watch Your Family or Mine.

22. RedRider says:

For a network trying to re-brand itself, these shows look verrrrryyyy uninspiring (and can we please lose the Boom? It’s old already). The Librarians is a cheesy-looking re-tread that doesn’t even trust its new cast enough to prominently feature them in the previews. A major bait-and-switch for the viewers. Transporter also looks cheesy, like a low rent Burn Notice.

Proof could be a hit for TNT, but because it fits well with the older demo that TNT is theoretically trying to move away from.

And Public Morals managed to bring two actors who are best in small doses – Ed Burns and Rapaport – and thrust them right in my face. Ugh. I get that Burns is supposed to be “world weary,” but he comes off as flat and lifeless. The only person who brings any energy whatsoever is Timothy Hutton, and he’s a one-off for the pilot.

Maybe they can pick up some of the cast-offs from the other networks? A good half dozen of the shows rejected by the networks sounded better than these.