Fall TV First Look: The Flash Bests Arrow

It’s game on between The Flash and Arrow in the following promo for the CW’s upcoming comic-book superhero series.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

While the video doesn’t appear to feature any footage from the Flash pilot, we get a look at star Grant Gustin in costume — and in zippy action — as he gets the advantage over Oliver Queen.

The CW will announce its fall schedule, including on which night The Flash will land, on Thursday morning.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Patrick says:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. Diz says:

I can’t wait. I hope it’s just as good as Arrow.

3. ggny says:

well i think its pretty obvious its gonna be on after Arrow

• Superhero says:

Not necessarily. The CW might think that it’ll be good enough ratings-wise to act as a solid lead-in for another show and give it its own night.

• Hezekiah Ramirez says:

That’s probably the smarter choice. The Flash will be a hit. It’s obvious. Why not use that opportunity?

• Ashley says:

I thought the same thing with The Vampire Diaries and The Originals and then they paired TVD with Reign and TO with Supernatural. Arrow and Flash together would be preferential, though.

4. Linda says:

love it

5. joao says:

AMAZING

6. M3rc Nate says:

This trailer is awesome! However besides the Flash’es personality (little comment at the end), this doesnt show what the show will be like in look, style or tone….this was shot to just be a trailer…not for an episode of Arrow or Flash.

My only complaint? Arrows wobble in the air when shot, that arrow looked as straight and firm (no wobble at all) as could be…now obviously thats CGI but i mean..come on, from a show that is based on an Archer? Get the details right. (Btw i am aware he uses CarbonFiber arrows, they still wobble, less than wood obviously).

Overall…love it, cant wait to see a Flash trailer with scenes from the real show. The suit looked good.

• Gangee. says:

who knows if it the arrows are metal or not.

• M3rc Nate says:

Doesnt matter, they all flex/wobble in the air, and also remember the episode when he was searching for the Dark Archer? And he went to Felicity with a carbon fiber arrow? In that episode we learn (and just by looking at them basically every episode) what type of arrow the Green Arrow uses.

7. Joey Padron says:

Teaser for show is good. Cool to see Arrow and The Flash together. Can’t wait to see trailer for show tomorrow!

8. J says:

Can’t wait!

9. Mark says:

The show looks like its gonna be amazing but the flash’s suit being that loose annoyed me from the second I saw it

• Skittles&Bits says:

Glad to know I’m not the only one. The loose fit is going to bother me a bit if they keep it that way. I also kind of wish the suit was a little brighter–more crimson red than “Daredevil” burgundy if only so I don’t ever have to think of the latter.

10. Charming's Kiss says:

I wonder how they’ll explain his waking up from a three month coma or however long he’s been out of it in the Arrowverse

• Hezekiah Ramirez says:

Comas can take months, years, or even decades to wake up from. There’s really no additional explanation necessary. He’s a superhero now so maybe it took all this time for his body to adjust and rebuild itself. I think they’ll pull it off.

11. Ella says:

Haha, that was so cute! I’ve never entirely understood showing up one character to make another look good though.

12. Ncooke says:

Looks sooooo cheesey! Crap suit just like captain america

13. Britt says:

Can’t wait! I will be watching a lot of comic/super hero shows.

14. eh says:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally looking forward to Flash, but am I the only one who is having trouble getting past the fact that Flash is being played by the complete A-hole from Glee?

It’s distracting.

15. bryceradick says:

I just don’t like that actor at all. So bad on glee.

• Hezekiah Ramirez says:

Well this is a completely different kind of role and he did beat out all the other actors in contention so I think it’s entirely possible that maybe Glee just didn’t play to his strengths or maybe he’s grown as an actor since then. I never watched Glee but I was impressed by this guy in Arrow so let’s see how it plays out. You may be surprised.

• Hezekiah Ramirez says:

Actually, let me ask you something. What was it that you think made his performance bad on Glee? Was he not that believable or do you think he just has kind of an awkward style or something? He seemed good to me on Arrow so I’m curious about what you don’t like about him.

16. Hezekiah Ramirez says:

Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap!

As a superhero fan and more importantly a DC fan, I am on cloud 99 right now! HOLY CRAP!

17. Meg says:

Am I the only one who would like to see Sheldon Cooper’s reaction to Flash as a series on The CW?

18. I’m gonna watch Flash, and probably enjoy it — and honestly, I am stoked about almost every single supporting cast member — especially Jesse Martin and Danielle Panabaker.

But … I dunno. I liked Barry as just Barry, but Barry-as-Flash, not sold yet. Maybe it’s the costume? We’ll see. Stephen grew into his role, too …

19. CBWBDK1 says:

Awesome teaser!!!

20. tvdiva says:

That tiny taste is as wonderful as the original Arrow teaser. I think we have another hit on our hands.

21. Essie says:

Aweomse! I can’t wait!!

22. Madison says:

Wow I’m so surprised they were allowed to use “#dontblink” considering Doctor Who!

23. James D says:

cool. like how they depict his movement. not yet sold on the suit but i think I’ll warm up to it after a few episodes. can’t wait to see it. I’m currently re-reading Flashpoint and am definitely getting hyped :)