Fall TV First Look: Watch Trailers for CBS' Stalker, Madam Secretary and Other New Series

Along with announcing its fall 2014 schedule, CBS on Wednesday released trailers for several of its new series, including creator Kevin Williamson’s Stalker and Madam Secretary, starring Tea Leoni. Plus, the Eye network unveiled a lengthy new preview for its summer series Extant.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Watch the trailers in their entirety below:

Extant (premieres Wednesday, July 9 at 9/8c)

Madam Secretary (Sundays, 8/7c)

The McCarthys (Thursdays, 9:30/8:30c)

NCIS: New Orleans (Tuesdays, 9/8c)

Scorpion (Mondays, 9/8c)

Stalker (Wednesdays, 10/9c)

Thoughts on CBS’ fall offerings? Drop a comment with your reviews of the trailers below.

1. Et al. says:

CBS: Same crap. Different titles.

2. littlescarfgirl says:

The McCarthy’s actually looks kind of funny!

3. Jace says:

Not sure about New Orleans, but i watch NCIS and LA, so i’ll stick with it. McCarthys and Scorpion both look like they could be good, not interested in the other 2.

4. TV God says:

“The McCarthys” looks AWEFUL!

5. Babygate says:

Holy Molly! Scorpion looks amazing! I wasn’t even interested in the concept but decided to check out the trailer. They got me sold. Madam Secretary looks great as well. Really looking forward to it. I’ve been waiting to see Tea Leoni in something great and this is it. Definitely better than State of Affairs. Stalker is way creepy. And, not to be an alarmist but, do we have to put out there the secret tricks and schemes of stalkers? Isn’t that revealing a bit much?

• Nate says:

U mean the same way CSI and other procedural shows do… everyone does it

• johnhelvete says:

Not to defend the show, but I would think an individual who truly wants to stalk a person can find all of the information that he or she needs off the internet.

• dan says:

You wrote exactly what I would have said, Scorpion, Madam Secretary and Stalker look interesting. And I would have thought that none of those shows would grab me.

6. dj says:

Can’t wait for Extant and Stalker

7. Tracy says:

I LOVE Maggie Q. She will totally rock stocker! So glad she got another great show after Nikita.

8. Mayiread says:

Stalker looks great and Madam Secretary look interesting. Might give Scorpion a try too.
    Pass on the others.

9. CBWBDK1 says:

I’ll watch stalker and ncis new orleans.

10. Nate says:

Def watching stalkers

11. Val says:

‘Scorpion’ looked exciting-looking forward to it

12. i says:

I don’t care about Stalker. The only thing that pulls me in is Maggie Q. I’ll watch it because of her. And ugh, I just sounded like a creep lol.

13. kika says:

Stalkers looks really good! Dylan + Maggie I’m so IN!

14. Kevin says:

Stalkers

15. J says:

I wasn’t going to watch Stalker after discovering the horrible human being Maggie Q is, but I got to admit it, its pretty good. I will be watching it…

16. /i actually liked pretty much everything. I’m in schock

17. Regina says:

Ugh dang it why does that kid in Stalker who’s stalking Ricky from Secret Life look so familiar to me? IMDB doesn’t have info on shows that haven’t aired yet? It’s going to drive me nuts trying to remember what I’ve seen him in…

18. jenna says:

stalker looks good but i think i’d get too paranoid by watching it, I like the premise of scorpion but i’m not too fond of some of the actors

19. Lexy says:

Holy s*** does Stalker look scary. Not sure if I will check it out, I get easily creeped out.
    Extant looks like a movie, but I’ll def watch it.
    Madam Secretary could be good, same goes for Scorpion and I’m predicting one will be a hit and one a miss.
    Don’t care about NCIS or the “comedy”.

20. Olivia says:

I can’t wait to watch Stalker and Scorpion! Extant seems the kind of show I’d usually like but there’s something off. Can’t pinpoint what exactly, but I’m not excited. Don’t care about the others.

21. jj says:

extant looks interesting but the pregnancy angle is kind of a turn off for me. Madam secretary seems like another version of a criminal/procedural show where the heroine solves everything and the rest of the unit is useless, not a fan. Scorpion kind of has a Numb3rs feel to it but i’m not too fond of katherine mcphee

• Velocisexual says:

I think you’re confusing Madam Secretary with Stalker.

• B says:

they both seem to be the same, in madam secretary tea leoni’s character is the ONLY one who can save the 2 boys/can seemingly convince the president while everyone else seems to give up. I agree, i’m getting tired of the ‘special hero, useless staff’ premise

22. Sam says:

Scorpion has been done & redone before. Will only last till midsession.

23. Lore says:

I;ll watch all the pilots and then make a move in the ones i want

24. Martina says:

I like the look of Madame Secretary

25. analog says:

Patina Miller!

26. James D says:

Extant looks very promising as does Stalker. the rest i will pass on, might try Scorpion but it does look very trite.

27. Tran says:

CBS does have a breakout hit in NCIS: New Orleans. Madam Secretary, Scorpion and Stalker = PASS PASS PASS. The McCarthys is downright horrible especially Joey McIntyre who’s now in the same network with his NKOTB mate Donnie Wahlberg (Blue Bloods). Looks like CBS doesn’t have THE RIGHT STUFF (NKOTB song).

28. Joey Padron says:

Scorpion and Stalker looks good.

29. Ashley says:

NCIS: NOLA for sure. I wasn’t interested in Madame Secretary until I saw the promo – it looks interesting! Scorpion may be worth a look too.

30. ggny says:

Kinda surprised how much i liked the Scorpion trailer

31. Justin says:

Scorpion looks so bad. So does another tired NCIS. I’ll check out Stalker just because I love Maggie Q and Dylan.

32. Gon says:

I try to watch these trailers, but almost all of them are basic procedural, just each of them different in terms of place, and focus of it. Extant is different from the others, but it hasn’t hook me yet. CBS needs to shake things up just a little bit

33. Velocisexual says:

Holy Crap, this is the worst bunch of trailers so far. I feel like I should be channeling Jebidiah Atkinson for these reviews…
    Extant – High concept idea terribly executed. A futuristic scifi conspiracy thriller with aliens and robots featuring the actual uber tv trope of the tinfoil hat guy jumping out of the bushes to tell our heroin not to trust anyone. Here’s something you CAN trust: CANCELED!
    Madam Secretary – What a surprise CBS jumping on the current Washington DC based political thriller bandwagon. Considering it’s CBS this is bound to be the most risk-free and safest version of the genre on tv this season. Still, out of all 6 shows this is the only one I’m considering watching.
    The McCarthys – Wooo! Another laugh-band CBS sitcom featuring a semi-dysfunctional family cracking jokes (about gay people this time) even the 90s would consider old. In a brighter timeline these CBS comedies would all be canceled after 5 episodes, unfortunately in this timeline America loves crap.
    NCIS 3 – Oh look, another spin-off. PASS!
    Scorpion – What do you get when the people behind The Fast And The Furious write a script about things they don’t understand (intelligence, geniuses, plots without holes, physics, gravity, etc) and try to force it into a tv show about a team of stereotypes solving really stupid problems in really stupid ways. I cannot properly express in words the complete utterly ridiculous level of stupidity and absurdity this show contains. If I wanted to watch this show and enjoy it, I’d need a f***ing forklift to help suspend my disbelief.
    Thankfully this sort of show has been tried before and rarely if ever captures an audience for a prolonged period of time. My prediction is the Pilot will draw a huge audience, but that audience will bleed out fast and the show won’t get renewed.
    Stalker – CSI meets Criminal Minds on the specific corner of Stalker crimes. This show is so completely unnecessary in the current tv landscape the only possible reason for its existence I can come up with is CBS expect Criminal Minds will end in 2015 and they want something ready to take its spot. But because this is really a more restricted version of Criminal Minds with a far less charismatic and interesting cast + the reliable curse of Dylan McDermott who kills every tv show he is on, I do not see this show doing well at all.

• M3rc Nate says:

Funny how my reaction was the total opposite for the trailers i watched but at the same time i understand and somewhat agree with all of your comments.

M-Secretary-Obviously its true, its another D.C. political show, late to the game, and yes it does look the most risk free, but i love that about it. I dont need love triangles, banging the President, bipolar CIA agents, melodrama/soapy drama crap…i like that this show has just enough personality and the plot in the trailer, along with the characters, seem balanced and actually plausibly real. I like my shows old school…pre-death of soap operas (because people prefer their melodrama on at 8pm not 11am now adays).

Agree 100% about The McCarthy’s.

NCIS 3: Idk yet…NCIS is SO old to me cause NOTHING changes, its the exact same show as the pilot…the characters have barely grown…its just stuck in ice cause that show prints money so why risk anything and change it. HOWEVER NCIS:LA i really enjoy, especially Deeks/Kensi and that show actually pulling the trigger on that relationship. So NCIS:NO could be good, or it could suck. Idk.

Scorpion: Idk…what your saying is right…but like The Fast and the Furious movies, it looked like a blast. Yes theres plot holes and stuff totally wrong in regards to cars/tech/etc…but they are still a blast. I also feel like stereotypes exist for a reason…i mean you really think the math genius is gonna look like Nathan Fillion? No odds are hes gonna look like the guy in the show. And the lead “genius” isnt a stereotype really cause he looks part arab, and decent looking but not like model good looking. Yes basically all shows get hacking wrong…i just accept that and move on, but everything else, i didnt see anything in this trailer that was wrong in regards to physics or gravity or anything.

Stalker: I agree. Another cop show, this time specializing on Stalkers. Some twists on cops/Feds are interesting…some have very little meat on their bones…Stalkers is like 1 season worth of meat if that. How many stalker stories can you tell? Especially considering legally you cant do anything until they commit the crime? Again, love Maggie Q but it will get cancelled and i agree is unnecessary and fills no void that needed filling.

• Zach says:

The curse of Dylan McDermott? Have you heard of a little show called The Practice?

34. Walter says:

After all those years having to put up with Roseanne, here’s hoping Laurie Metcalf can have another hit.

35. JC says:

Holy crap does “The McCarthys” look baaaaad, lol!

Looooved the “Scorpion” trailer, looks a whole lot of fun, and “Stalker looks good also.

“Madam Secretary” looks pretty good, and new NCIS same old same old!

36. Luc says:

Madam Secretary could be really great if the acting is strong.
    Stalker is going to be a creepy hit!

The rest of the shows, I don’t think I’ll be tuning in for

37. fatalsin says:

I really wish they wouldnt show the outcome in the previews! I was all interested in Madame Secretary until they showed the kids lived.. c’mon!

38. M3rc Nate says:

Holy Frak Batman!!!!!! Madam Secretary looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dannnggg! Talk about real…no soapy drama…characters with their crap together, no cheating or being a hot mess or anything….wow this show looks like a drop dead HIT! Looks like the strongest contender for a quality “female lead drama hit” I have seen in a LONG time. It’s like if Homeland wasnt so full of soapy drama, sex scenes, annoying stupid kids, a manic bipolar hot mess who is freaking out crying every episode and sleeping with strangers/terrorists.

The McCarthy’s: Cancelled FAST

HOLY FRAKETY FRAK SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Scorpion looks GOOOOOOD!!! Im very intrigued to know what about the story is “Based on a true story”…but wow it looks good. Id say the only negative is seeing Katherine McPhee who i adored and think is a great actress, but when seeing her cheat on her husband (in real life) made my opinion of her drop to the basement. :/ Still….again…like M-Secretary this looks so good, so realistic, so smart and witty and funny and fun and not full of melodrama/soapy drama.

Stalker: Not exactly my type of show, but looks interesting and i love Maggie Q. Im intrigued by the premise, however im curious for how long it can go because fact is…you cant do much at all to a stalker until they do something (part of the beauty of the system, and part of whats broken…innocent until proven guilty for actually doing something). Im kinda tired of watching cop/Fed shows where all they do is break the laws in the way real cops/fed’s do thats illegal. Like using the Patriot Act loophole that needs to be shut (being used how it wasnt intented), like breaking into peoples homes with no warrants, assaulting people, torturing people etc. I bring this up cause of her assaulting the stalker and saying she’s done it before…it might be fun and cathartic to watch a cop/Fed do what needs to be done even if breaking the law…but with too much of it..it just becomes part of the problem IMO and overdone. I like some shows to actually stick to the law and sometimes forced to say “sorry, we cant do anything to help you cause of the laws”.

• Makenzie says:

Totally agree with you about Madam Secretary!!!

• If you watched or didn’t watch TV or Films based on whether the actors ever cheated on their spouses you wouldn’t watch much… probably nothing. But I do get where you’re coming from ’cause I have a hard time wanting to see Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise… to each his own I guess. LoL

• M3rc Nate says:

Yeah no i get what your saying, and its true i struggled with some others including Jolie/Pitt….but the McPhee one is very recent (aka fresh in the mind) and was also kinda shocking because of how…sweet and girl next door she is…now dont get me wrong i know thats just appearances and to never trust in appearances, but still its one thing to learn about a Brad Pitt cheating, another to hear about Andrew Garfield cheating…you expect one way more over the other…then theres how it happened, caught by Paparazzi and shady and with a co-star and “her and the husband are working it out” etc…just the most fresh cheating in my mind so seeing her pop up in the trailer was “ew her? :-/ “

39. Josh Emerson says:

I actually laughed during The McCarthy’s trailer. That’s more than I can say for the new comedy trailers on the other networks. It might not be bad!

40. Boone says:

Stalker looks like a creepy hit. Haven’t excited by a CBS show since Person of Interest pilot.
    Kevin Williamson is a genius and i love Dylan and Maggie.

41. JC1 says:

I will check out Scorpion, but I don’t really expect it to last. Nothing else though. And I thought the NCIS New Orleans episodes of NCIS were pretty bad, so definitely not watching that.

42. greysfan says:

NIKITA!!! Well Maggie Q. Can’t wait to see it. She is a brilliant actress and Stalker looks really really good. Its creepy in nature but looks to have a decent plot. Madam Secretary also looks awesome and Extant with Halle Berry well CBS have upped their game this year to an extent. Then comes NCIS: New Orleans FAIL! I preferred the RED spinoff. CSI: Cyber also FAIL! Stop spinning off shows and try something new like you have with the other 3 i listed.

43. KMuck says:

I’ve watched every one of the previews for every one of the networks, and CBS is the only that has captured my imagination with all of theirs.

Don’t disappoint me!

44. animegirl31 says:

Like Stalkers, granted, I know it can turn sour fast but the trailer was damn good (kudos to whomever cut it), and I think that if they let the stotry build up, it can be good.

45. Merissa W. says:

Stalker both crept me the heck out and intrigued me lol

46. CBSpilots says:

I’m definitely going to try Scorpion, loved the trailer. None of the others really grabbed me, although Stalker was a whole lot of creepy! Might check it out.

47. Happy says:

In my opinion, i’m excited for all the shows on CBS (with the exception of NCIS: NoLa, it’s not i dont like it but it’s just i’m not a fan of the ncis series) Good job CBS!

48. johnny says:

holy moly! Stalker!!! Looks amazing. Plus, its Maggie Q and Dylan McDermont! big fan of Nikita and American Horror Story so these actors really draw me to watch their new show. can’t wait! I just hope the show really good, and not just good on the trailer.

49. Christian says:

Every single show looked awful, bland or both. I’ll give Extant a try since it’s on in the summer but it looks like Good Wife will remain my only CBS show. Okay, and Big Brother, but that’s my shameful secret guilty pleasure.

50. Ray says:

They all look pretty interesting to me. I’ll give them each a chance. Love Maggie Q.