The Originals Finale Recap: A New Hope Is Born

The Originals Season 1 RecapAnyone who was hoping that Season 2 of The Originals would be a dramatic take on Three Men and a Baby — what, just me? — would be well advised to adjust expectations.

On Tuesday’s season finale, baby Mikaelson finally makes her debut, but her entry into the world is far from a smooth one. Heck, she doesn’t even get to stay in New Orleans.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

But first, those pesky witches slit Hayley’s throat and take the little girl for their ritual, while Klaus looks on helplessly. Elijah is completely devastated when he finds Hayley’s lifeless body and blames his brother’s schemes for her undoing and, thus, his. “I let her in. I don’t let people in,” he says to Klaus. “I needed her, and you’ve broken me.”

Klaus vows to find their child and then “you can tell your niece how much you cared for her mother when we save her,” he replies.

And they won’t have to save her alone. Hayley comes back to life and promptly turns into a fierce mama wolf. As for how she survived, she died with the baby’s blood inside of her so now she’s in transition. To complete the process of becoming a hybrid, she’ll need to drink her own child’s blood. (She does, eventually.)

But it’s Marcel who actually rescues the baby from the witches, killing Monique with a dark object/star that unleashes a thousand cuts on its victim. (That was a clever one, show — and a striking visual.) He hoped to use the child as a pawn to save his men’s lives, but they’re already dead from the werewolf bites by the time he gets to them. “This is the last note in a song that I started a century ago when I brought your dad to town,” he tells Klaus. “And for that, I am sorry.” Klaus finally makes peace with him, giving Marcel his blood for saving his daughter.

RELATED | Teen Wolf‘s Daniel Sharman Joining The Originals In Spellbinding Season 2 Role

Still, the little one is far from safe. Look at what happened to her on her first day – kidnapped numerous times and almost sacrificed (by decree of her own grandmother Esther!). “She has inherited all of our enemies with none of our defenses,” says Klaus. So mom, dad and Elijah hatch a plan to send her away while they clean up the mess, and to make sure no one goes looking for her, they fake the baby’s death. But in reality, Klaus heartbreakingly hands over his daughter to his sister Rebekah.

“She’ll get a white fence. It’ll be lovely,” says Rebekah, making a welcome return. And how lovely is that, in turn, Rebekah gets her dream of a family and a normal life (granted by way of a twisted mess and her brother’s misery)? It’s all kind of perfect that the little girl will be with her auntie.

“There is no one I would trust more with my daughter’s life,” Klaus tells his sis. “Be happy.” And for his little girl: “You will return to me.”

RELATED | The CW Greenlights Flash, iZombie and Jane the Virgin, Passes on Supernatural Spin-Off

What’s her name, Rebekah wonders. “Her name is Hope,” replies a teary-eyed Klaus. Of course it is.

Elsewhere in the finale:

* Cliffhanger: Esther is back as the fourth Harvest girl?! As is Mikael, thanks to Davina’s magic, but she’s no fool. She’s got control over him so she can get payback against Klaus when she wants and not a moment sooner.

* Klaus breaks up with Cami as friends, citing his need to ruin everything he finds beautiful. “And you are beautiful,” he tells her.

The Originals fans, what did you think of the finale? Are you happy Hayley survived? Did Klaus saying goodbye to his daughter crush you? Hits the comments with your thoughts and grade the episode below!

1. Nate says:

That was beautiful. I was so mad that little bitch killed Hayley. Bex is back! !!!!! For 2 minutes:'(. Was i the only one that literally screamed tho? And that ending was f*cked up!!! Moms & daddy are back. Season 2 where the hell are you! !!!!!

• Emily says:

Lets not forget that with Esther also returned FINN! They’re inhabiting dead witches to wreak havoc on their family, of course. I can’t wait to see Klaus, Elijah and Hayley succeed in ridding themselves of Mikael, Esther and Finn next season! I also feel like Davina will come to regret bringing Mikael back and align herself with Klaus by way of Marcel, since Marcel is back on the winning team. ;) Loved the finale! Can’t wait for October!

2. Riana says:

The entire main cast was on their A-game. This is better than any Vampire Diaries finale

• StanSJ says:

TVD finale hasnt aired yet.. but i been saying since The Originals started it been better then TVD

• Mélanie says:

Riana said “any TVD finale”. Meaning of all previous 4 season’s of TVD, no finale equals The Originals’ one!
        I would like to add especially with the degrading quality of TVD. I remember seeing or reading an interview of Nina Dobrev saying she doesn’t like those shows that go over their time and with poorer quality when the story to be tell has been told -or something meaning the same. TVD has gone so bad. I was excited at Elena becoming a vampire, but the storyline they have pitched since that have been horrible!
        On another note, yeah The Originals. Awesome. Lots of may sweeps scorecard filled. I’m glad Hayley is alive I was so pissed at Monique. Glad she’s dead- however I admit liking to hate her. Parents Original is gonna be interesting. But hasn’t Finn come back as well? I mean there was Esther’s laquet calling her mom… !?

• jermain says:

hi folks one questuon how is it that hayley died by a slit of the throat even tho shes a werewolf

• cece says:

Werewolves die from major trauma. They can heal some wounds, especially from silver, but major wounds kill them

• 80s says:

I respectfully disagree. The season 2 finale of TVD could go toe-to-toe with this one.

• jag says:

by a million miles if you ask me

• Phoebe says:

Yeah I don’t know what you guys are on about!

I mean, I loved this episode, I really did, but it had nowhere near the bam! of a TVD finale. Season 1 finale had me screaming for season 2, the season 2 finale was obviously just stellar with the introduction of Klaus, the season 3 finale is in the top 3 episodes of any show I’ve ever watched, season 4 had me slapped in the face, and this last finale (although for the first time in the shows history it was predictable) was an emotional rollercoaster and Nina really deserves an Emmy (at the very least!).

The Originals is just getting its legs and definitely has the potential to give TVD a run for its money, but I don’t think we’re anywhere close yet. TO has had its moments, thats for sure, but TVD hits it out of the park everytime, particularly with finales.

I understand the disappointment some people had with season 5 as it has dropped off a tad since seasons 3 and 4, but if theres one thing I know about the writers, its that in one scene they can slap you in the face, make you scream and cry, and restore all your faith in the show.

3. DL says:

Only thing that was on CW tonight here in NY was baseball. When do I get to see this episode?

4. anna says:

I don’t watch The Originals, but I love that Rebekah got the baby! And that Klaus said that to his sister. Family love is beautiful.

5. Rae says:

Can they bring back the two brothers as well? I know Finn was boring but it’d be interesting to see a foil to the Mikaelson family dynamic.

• Riana says:

Finn was apparently the black guy with Esther

• StanSJ says:

If they bring back Kol too, it would have to be in a new body. the actor has a new show

• Riana says:

That show wasn’t picked up. You have to understand that the writers don’t like Kol, and he really hasn’t shown any redeeming qualities.

• StanSJ says:

thats right CW past on Supernatural: Bloodlines. then Bring back Kol VIA TVD

• the final was recorded befor the news abaut Nate show decision

• Always26 says:

They created him surely the redeem him in some way. He can turn out good. He maybe bad but look at klaus he was very bad and now he’s changed. He still may do bad things but klaus has changed. So if they wrote kol like how they wrote him them then they can redeem him.

• Mélanie says:

That’d be nice if some villain could stay villain. I mean I’m all for that interesting psychoanalysis of darker character- but come on that’s what we like about him!

• librocks says:

i don’t think Kol needs redemption…..he is a vampire plus original and on top of that a Mikaelson….violence, implusiveness and making mess is something very natural for him and he should remian the way he is….he is not really a villain…he is just anti-hero

• Emily says:

The show that Kol was going to be on got the ax before it ever got to really start. The Supernatural spin off he was going to star in bombed when the backdoor pilot aired…so he may well be available to return to his family, at some point. :) Just FYI

• redlion says:

I dont know if you watch the vampire diaries, but everyone on the otherside (including Kol) are now gone.. so it would have to be a big twist to bring him back, as he doesnt exist anymore.. there is no otherside anymore for him to come back from.. they pretty much eliminated that possibility

6. Hector says:

Haley is now a hybrid

• Elyse says:

She needed to feed on her daughters blood to survive the transition but she never did. are we to assume she’ll survive somehow?

• Jason Rey says:

Hoping someone can help me with this. My memory is all kinds of Swiss Cheese, so don’t really remember…why is it she needed to drink her baby’s blood instead of just anyone’s blood? Didn’t the other hybrids have to drink the blood of a doppelganger? Don’t normal vamps just have to drink ANY blood during transition? Massively confused.

• Phoebe says:

EXACTLY my confusion! Hybrids turned by Klaus need the blood of a doppleganger….because his werewolf gene was awoken with the blood of the doppleganger…yes?
        Haley wasn’t turned by Klaus..and the usual transition for a vamp would be any human blood…I’m just as confused.

I’m sure they’ll explain it early on next season, or if they don’t then I’ll remain confused forever. Could just be they wanted it in the episode for emotional value and they never mention it again…but I hope not.

• Robert Wood says:

I am confused over why Michael has always hated Klaus, he never found out that Klaus was not his son until he changed and that was after they became Vampires, but Michael always abused Klaus and had so much hatred that I wish the writers would explain this or is it that Michael was just always a dick!

• cece says:

Episode 7, Bloodletting, when Tyler kidnapped Hayley and made Duane a hybrid by sticking a big needle in Hayleys stomach, drawing the baby’s blood and injecting it into Duane. Duane turned hybrid and tried to protect Hayley/baby from Tyler wanting to kill them, but Tyler killed Duane, and Klaus beat up Tyler.

7. jerrired says:

The Originals started off the season really strong, then kind of slumped a little when Rebekah left. However, it was on top form tonight! It’s been my favorite season finale so far. And I’m assuming one of the original brothers is back. Since we know how much of a mama’s boy Finn was, I’m assuming him, especially because Kol I think will be resurrected on TVD. Even if they didn’t know the future of Nathaniel Buzolic’s show, I think the writers would still bring him back, just in case. So we may have all the Originals alive next season. I’m kind of really excited about that possibility. So many great moments, esp. Davina using Mikael as a secret weapon and Rebekah’s brief return for baby Hope.

• Emily says:

The Supernatural spin off that Nate Buzolic/Kol was set to star in did not get green lit. The backdoor pilot bombed and was not picked up for a first season…so, Kol might actually be able to come back to his family at some point.

• jerrired says:

Oh I know. I was trying to say that they didn’t know whether it was picked up while filming it, but despite the uncertain fate, I think they would have still filmed something with him to allow for a future return.

• Ram510 says:

I agree with every word! Especially about how The Originals started strong then slumped after Rebekah left. Very strong finish however, I’m back in! Can’t wait for season 2

8. Hector says:

I doubt it, she want her children dead why being them back from the dead?

9. faya says:

Very predictable

• Predictable is fine with me. I would much rather have the story be predictable and make sense then to throw some huge out of no where curve ball. Like the Stefan Doppleganger twist at the end of tvd season 4.

also we went from loosing one original to gaining 3 Mikael, Esther and Finn

10. mia says:

This is an amazing example of a spinoff who knows how to be better and more enjoyable than the original!!!

• Megan says:

SO TRUE! I stopped watching Vampire Diaries this year after realizing how much more enjoyable this show was.

• jag says:

I still watch TVD just to spite the hell of it. anyway how could i know how great and far more exciting TO is if i have nothing to compare it with. HAHAHA.

• Dropped TVD halfway this season after Elena’s body got inhabited by Katherine, but I guess I’m going back to watch it (hopefully it’s better marathoning through the episodes) just to get the ‘full picture’ of this -verse. Like the collapse of The Other Side…just in case something ties in to season 2!

• Eric says:

Chicago PD and SVU are two great examples that are more enjoyable than their predecessors.

• Scribe says:

Yeah I gave up on TVD this year. I got as far as the doppelganger of a doppelganger and decided that’s it. Now if they brought Caroline over to this show…

11. Robby says:

It will air in NY AFTER the Yankees Game. Sigh.

12. ChrisGa says:

Great episode, topped off by the most-welcome return of Rebekah. Not sure what happened there, but I hope Claire Holt gets whatever personal/family issues she had resolved and comes back next season. The show really isn’t the same without Rebekah on the canvas.

• Mélanie says:

Not likely to happen as she is protecting Hope who is in danger in New Orleans. But it was awesome to see her again and to see how her storyline ties up. Her having to take care of that child is her happy ending she’s been chasing for so long.

• Rachel Scott says:

We all hope Rebekah comes back, but she can’t really do that now since she is taking care of Hope. The point of giving the baby to her was so that no one would know she was alive. If she comes back, where will Hope go?

• ChrisGa says:

It’s a television show. It’s writers’ jobs to find ways to fit characters into the tapestry. It really wouldn’t be that hard. Either way, lovely to see her again.

• MiniKlaus says:

couldn’t she give the baby to matt or something on the vampire diaries, who knows

• Always26 says:

Really if she comes back then hope will be in danger. I sure down the line she will come back but not anytime soon. Claire doesn’t have any issues going on with her family. She just wants to spend time with her family becuz she misses them. She said she will come back but when they need her and she loves playing the role of Rebekah so I am sure she will be back but only when it is safe for hope. It maybe a while until it is safe for hope but we know that Rebekah will take care of her niece and keep her safe. So I am guessing we will be seeing Rebekah again but only when it’s necessary.

• chaouad says:

i can see her coming back next season or something ( maybe 2B) they could very EASILY find a storyline to have her back, like the baby is in danger or someone kidnapped her and the baby… We all know how she acts when she is in “love”. She is hands down the best actress in the cw right now and she is a fan favorite.

• lucy says:

I agree!!!! Claire Holt is definitely a fan favorite!! She is so lovable and charismatic in every way possible!!! I hope she comes back more than “when needed.” The Originals was more interesting with her in it.

• chaouad says:

this is the first episode i watch since she left i dont know why but i had this feeling she would be back and when i saw the heels when she got out of the car i almost fainted. There is so much to do with her character and it would be easy to find a storyline for her to come back. I really love claire and im ready to follow her next project even if its not Rebekah.

• Emily says:

Rebekah will return when it is safe for Hope to come home to her parents. Not a moment before, as she is the child’s protector. I kind of like that since she is gone, they left it wide open in a way for her to return, like she did to pick up her niece in the finale. She will return again, it just won’t be so immediate, like we all wish. :)

13. adreyesatl says:

That entire exchange between Klaus and Rebekah floored me. The dialogue was just brilliant and the delivery sublime.

• This scene, the one where Klaus confronted Rebekah and Elijah in the cemetary, and the one at the end of Ep 21 with Hayley screaming and Klaus roaring, those were my 3 favourite scenes in Season 1!

14. Megan says:

Daniel Gilles and Joseph Morgan were Phenomenal. Elijah in the cemetery and Klaus with Rebekah. It was PERFECT!

15. Mélanie says:

Feels like may sweeps scorecard fatalities and big return need go up, as, if I recap well, recurring character dying include Diego, redhead witch I forget the name, Monique, and blond with I never knew the name (she was a recurring). As of big return we have Michael (is alive after all not just ghost appearing to Davina), Esther, Finn and Rebekah (even for few minutes as Burke’s was one episode as well).

16. Chris says:

I can see a twist being that rebekah and the baby are kidnapped or something next season as a twist. I don’t even care as long as Claire holt comes back! I need her and rebekah in my life! I was literally screaming YES when she got out of the car.

17. tv2day says:

Awesome finale. With that said, when Rebekah is onscreen it went to the level I was accustomed to when she was on the show. Can’t wait for her return. Good night. Person of interest was Awesome!!! Shield was good. Not in too much of a hurry to see ncis. No season arc makes this season, first without ziva, kind of incomplete.

18. Adam Lenhardt says:

Perfect finale. I almost dropped the show when Clare Holt left — so glad she reappeared at the end of tonight’s episode, and so happy that the show finally found something meaningful for Rebekah to do, even if it’s off-screen.

Mostly, though, what I love is that the finale really brought things back around to being about the Original family. Mikael’s back, Esther’s back, Finn’s back. The finale was the first episode since Rebekah left that actually felt like it matched the title of the show: This really was about the Originals.

• lucy says:

I seriously stopped watching the show after Rebekah left.. I just picked it up again last week!! I agree with you. The finale captured the title of the show perfectly.

19. lucy says:

EPIS SEASON FINALE!! I was wondering when they were going to bring Rebekah back!! I LOVE HER! The series went a little downhill when she left but the season finale definitely made up for it!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!!! The Originals has definitely been better than TVD this season!! I feel like they are running out of things to write about for TVD… They should just end TVD and mash up the characters into The Originals somehow.. I just cannot get over how incredible this season finale is!!!! BRING IT SEASON 2!!!

20. Vic says:

I was so sad when Haley died! But I knew they couldn’t write her off! She is a main character!!! SOOO awesome how they brought her back!! And her motherly instincts were off the charts!! Incredible season finale!!!

21. Jose says:

It was perfect! Everything was brought together seamlessly. There is a perfect mixture of sadness and happiness, plus we get the usual surplus of questions left for the next season. Is Davina super powerful now that the other harvest girls are dead or not since Ester and Fin came bac, what are the newly re-incarnated Ester and Fin up to? and when you think all things are patched up between Davina-Marcus and Marcus-Nik things between Davina and Nik are going to get ugly. But the most memorable is that Nik forgives Rebeka and she finally gets her chance to have a family, beautiful!

22. bestman says:

whoa Rebekah made it
    was on fence but they made it work

23. tp says:

Maybe you had to watch TVD first to care about Beks leaving? I mean I liked her but she didn’t make the show for me. I loved this finale. I can’t believe Diego is really dead. I was happy Monique and Genevieve died. Loved bad ass mama bear Hayley. All the scenes with baby Hope and her family were cute. Klaus giving the baby to Beks to take care of was touching. It was good from the beginning to end. Hope next season is just as good.

• Elyse says:

I’d say that’s probably correct. If you watched TVD you probably got to know and love Rebecca.

• I think the TVD experience makes the characters in TO (aka the Mikaelsons) richer, with a fuller growth projectile since they first entered our screens, and lets us understand their motivations better. It’s hard to explain to non-TVD viewers how emotionally charged and meaningful the last scene with Klaus and Rebekah was when they finally reconciled the misunderstandings and stubbornness since their New Orlean days (or who knows, even earlier?).

24. Merissa W. says:

Wow! That’s how you do a finale!! Action, drama, heartbreak, and a surprise return!

25. tigersmurfette says:

mikael killed the vamps, not the werewolf bites.

26. klaus says:

Amazing finale! so gonna watch it again. Don’t you guys want to watch it again too? or don’t watch shows more than once.

27. Britt says:

I really loved this finale!!! So happy to see Claire, but also hated to see her go again. The ending was very touching.

• Britt says:

Also was I the only one wondering where the car seat was?

• Jules says:

I was just in general going “this is not exactly the perfect car for a newborn baby.”

• Emily says:

You were not the only one wondering that, because I was too! I have three children, and I was like “Um…how is that baby all bundled up? Was she even in a car seat?” LOL

28. wgsecretary says:

Awesome episode! But, wasn’t it implied that their father finished off all of the vampires? He showed up and bit the one vampire, but then it went to commercial. Marcel made a comment about how there should have been more time to save them. It hadn’t even been 24 hours since the bites that occurred one night and then they were all dead before the next evening. A werewolf bite has never killed anyone that fast. I think that Michael finished all of them off.

• Ray says:

Michael did finish them off. They made a throwaway comment like “I guess the wolves came back and finished the job.” Since they didn’t know about Michael, they thought the werewolves came back to kill them directly.

• Yup. I was surpised Klaus didn’t recognise a vampire bite from a werewolf bite (ok, I admit, I do think of him very highly! He is invincible in my eyes!) but I guess he was to focused on the little life in his arms.

29. Lies says:

I think that rebekah will be back next season, esther wants the baby dead, that has to be the reason why she came back. And i guess she knows that the baby is still alive. So that will mean that klaus elijah and rebekah need to destroy their family once again. And i think that there is a good good chance that Koll will be back, the guy has an entire fandom behind him so many people were upset with him dying, and i really want to know what his story is, why didn’t he belong with his older brothers and sister? It is called the originals why not bring him back.

30. Elyse says:

I loved the finale! It was perfect <3 Definitely loving The Originals more than TVD right now but TVD was in its prime at one point too. I hope The Originals is just as good next season! :)

31. Theon says:

The Finale was Awesome! Can’t wait foe season2, wonder how Easther is goin to break her children

32. Isobel says:

Hopefully Kol comes back and Rebekah reappears for some episodes so all the Mikkelson family is shown together at some point ;)

33. Brandi says:

I really could see them bring back Rebekah/Claire by having her find a love interest whos really after the baby.. Am I the only one thinking that?!

34. Liza says:

That was truly an awesome finale! I literally had tears running down my face several times! Wow!!!! My only complaint is the cheesey name “Hope” for the baby. That has been done too many times. I was thrilled with Rebecca taking her though. That was perfect!!

35. Liza says:

Oh, and I hope at some point that Esther and Finn go back to their original bodies!

36. librocks says:

The episode was really good…..i like the name Hope Mikaelson but they could have come up with something better and more name-like
    The episode mostly focussed on Dad and Moms whether it’s the one who will go to any length to protect their new born or one who can even come back from death just kill their children
    I wonder Mikael and Esther will work together becoz Mikael just wants to kill Klaus but Esther wants all of them gone
    Hayley has changed and matured so well since the time i first saw her and even when he just entered in TO….she was very good with her protective mama wolf (now hybrid) avatar and now i am going to enjoy watching her more
    Rebekah-Klaus scene was very good and it’s showed that no matter what Klaus will always put his family (Originals) first and trust them over his own werewolf pack (though looking at the circumstances he didn’t seem to have any choice)
    Everyone was at their best and something tells me that Halijah won’t be togtehr for long in Season 2
    Can anyone tell me when will the Season 2 come?….i know it won’t be for long time but just want to know becoz i am not much aware about the time set of CW shows

• I was hoping for a more beautiful name, or at least one which sounds like a name (I can imagine Hope being teased for her name in real life) but there is just so much meaning in the name “Hope”, I couldn’t complain. Cliched, but it fits in so well!

37. Tracy says:

The Originals has gotten better and better with each episode. The actors delivered last night and the writing was amazing. I hope this series becomes the flagship of the CW. Hands down better than any season of The Vampire Diaries.

38. Deion says:

Agreed. The Originals gave me drama and action last night. All the actors pulled out their best stuff. Joseph Morgan reached a depth he’s never shown before, but he has been improving this entire season. I am eager to see what it looks like when the Mikaelson parents come out swinging.

Monique needed to die horribly.

Excellent finale.

39. Ibtihal says:

Best.Finale.I’ve.Ever.Watched!!! It was indescribable. Just too perfect for words.

40. B says:

I cried! Epic!! My favorite show!! So does this mean Rebekah won’t be returning anytime soon?

41. B says:

Klaus gave Bex the toy he carved for her when they were children and he chose the name Hope because Elijah’s speech! Hands down the best series finale I’ve seen! This series deserves to be The CW’s flagship series! I love Rebekah/Claire but her leaving didn’t hurt the show!

42. Bells says:

Ok, probably I’m gonna get some hate for saying this, but I really really wish that Cami would leave the show for good, I mean: what’s the point of keeping her around? She already knows what happened to her twin, she is completely usless, and she doesn’t even have a side, one moment she’s supplying weapons to hurt/kill Klauss and the next one she’s crying about the baby! what whas that??? She’s the least interesting character and the writers really must be having trouble creating a story arch for her, The rest of the episode was amazing! Every single moment of it.

• Kim says:

I don’t think you’re gonna get much hate, I’m pretty such most viewers agree with you actually. Cami is boring and there’s no place for her on this show. I used to feel the same way about Hayley but she actually grew on me the last few episodes and has become an enjoyable character, but Cami still sucks. I think the only reason they keep her around is because they need a non-supernatural character.

• Kim says:

*pretty sure

• Bells says:

I agree. I think, inicially, she was supposed to be the woman that comes between two friends (Marcel and Klaus) but the show went on a different direction. Anyway, I think Leah Pipes is confirmed as a regular for the next season, so we’ll just have to put up with Cami, I hope they don’t transform her into some sort of supernatural being just to make her character interesting.

• I’m ok with no Klaroline on TO, because it’s quite hard for Caroline to fit into the plot at New Orleans, her being so college-y and it being so dark (well, I don’t know if the recent turn of things in Mystic Falls made her a darker character – haven’t watched the second half of the season).

But Cami and Klaus? I never understood how Klaus grew to like Cami so much platonically/romantically. I attributed it to him softening with the baby’s impending arrival and directing those feelings to someone he saw had similar emotions with regards to family (things were too complicated with Marcel, and he was too strongheaded to show his soft side to Elijah and Rebekah). I hope it stays this way and Klaus doesn’t develope more feelings for her.

Hopefully Cami’s character grows more relevant and more consistent in Season 2. Like what Bells correctly pointed out, Cami was always switching sides. It was most evident in Ep 22. One moment she was volunteering to supply weapons to help Marcel get Klaus (perhaps she intended him to wound Klaus for his blood, but the weapons were lethal!), the next she was apologising to Klaus and comforting him, hurt when he told her he’s breaking off their friendship (why is she hurt?!). To me that scene was Cami showing sympathy to Klaus for losing his daughter, but Klaus never needed sympathy. He needs empathy, a soulmate who could understand him and direct him away from darkness.

43. Evan says:

By far the Best Finale so far!! With Revenge coming in a distant second!

44. Angel says:

You said that all of the vampires were dead from the werewolf bites by the time Marcel returned with the baby, but it was Mykael who killed them early before the werewolf bites killed them. That’s why Marcel said that he thought he had more time.

• Angel says:

And Klaus came in and said it looked like the werewolves came back to finish them off. But it was Mykael.

45. Gabriel says:

I was hoping for the return of Esther since the beginning of The Originals, I love her, but I was hoping her return by the interpretation of Alice Evans, not by the other actress

46. Michael says:

Maybe it isn’t Finn. Being a good guy he would have passed on straight  (like Aunt Jenna) and not have to stick in the “other side”. Could it be Kol??? -maybe he did a deal with mum on the other side, he has unfinished business.

47. The season finale must be one of the most satisfying ever! There’s a cliffhanger where it appears Esther and Finn (interesting that Finn didn’t appear long in TVD, but his character and speech pattern is so obvious to us!) had possessed the bodies of 2 witches and came back to life, added to the return of Mikael under the control of Davina (I wonder how she and Marcel will feel if they found out that she brought back the monster who drained Marcel friends of their blood!).

There’s also a sweet surprise of dearest Rebekah reappearing! Indeed, her leaving the show temporarily made this special appearance all the more meaningful! I hope this means that she’s going to return for Season 2.

Klaus took my heart with him when he told Rebekah that in spite of their differences, there’s no one else he would trust his daughter to. That’s the Klaus we all know, but it’s the first time he actually put those feelings into words. I guess his heart is opening and his hard exterior is melting with the birth of Hope (pun intended).

Joseph Morgan shone in the last 2 ep with excellent acting and delivery of the 2 extremes of the emotions spectrum – rage at the end of Ep 21 and pure bliss in Ep 22. The roar of pure anger at the end of Ep 21, coupled with the screams from Hayley was so impactful! That is definitely one of my favourite scenes from The Originals season 1, the others being the confrontation scene at the cemetery between the 3 siblings ending with Rebekah granted the freedom she always wanted, and of course the beautiful reunion and forgiveness scene in this episode.

With Klaus finally letting his soft side out, the Mikaelson family bond strengthened – Klaus was apologetic to Elijah for leading to Hayley’s ‘death’ and he also fully reconciled with Rebekah. Although I’m not sure how Elijah’s feelings grew so strong. One theory is that he’s in love with the concept of family (via the baby she was carrying), not Hayley. Oh wells….Better Hayley than C***. We also see, for once, Klaus feeling a sense of regret and finally taking in Elijah’s admonishment over his actions, of how his centuries of bad behaviour earned his daughter a world full of enemies.

This is the perfect ending in every sense – cliffhanger, strengthened family bond, character growth all round. With the baby ‘out of the way’, we can see Klaus & Elijah go all out in season 2 without having someone at the back of their minds. Perfect! Can’t wait for Season 2!

I’m glad they managed to find rather newly born baby for the episode. She is sooooooo adorable!

48. unicorn says:

Omgg cant waitvtill next season I love this its one of my top favs ibdident get to see the previw for next year but its gonna be awsome I cant wait till hope returns….it will be AWSOME I was not expecting rebkah thoo but there gonna be cute together and hope will knoo about her parents not to mention haley is now a hybrid omgg I juss cant wait it will be badass next year omggg ughhh so far away

49. Essie says:

Thank god Hayley didn’t really die. And the scene between Klaus and Rebekah brought tears to my eyes, so beautiful! Can’t wait for next season!

50. Diz says:

It was an ok finale. The best part for me was Rebekah. I’ve lost interest in just about everything else on this show.