Ratings: Castle Finale Hits 6-Month High, DWTS and Bones Rise, 24 Drops, Star-Crossed Flat

24LAD-EP3_SC318_DS-9324Dammit! Fox’s 24: Live Another Day in its regular time slot debut on Monday drew 6.5 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating (per finals), down 20 and 23 percent from its two-hour launch.

Opening Fox’s night, Bones (6.3 mil/1.7) added a few eyeballs plus two tenths in the demo.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Elsewhere….

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (14.4 mil/2.3) was up 10 and 21 percent, while Castle‘s “noisy” finale (10.6 mil/2.1) surged 18 and 31 percent, hitting a 6-month high in the demo and tying its Season 5 closer (11.2 mil/2.1) in the demo.

RELATED | Castle Boss Talks Controversial Finale Twist (‘We’re Going to Take Our Lumps’), Teases New Mythology Ahead

NBC | The Voice (11 mil/3.0) was flat, while The Blacklist‘s freshman finale (10.5 mil/2.6) dipped a tenth.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for The Voice and the Blacklist Finale

THE CW | The Star-Crossed series finale was adjusted down to 830K and a 0.3, flat week-to-week.

CBS | Leading out of a Broke Girls rerun, the cancelled Friends With Better Lives (4.9 mil/1.6) was flat, but Mike & Molly (7 mil/2.0) grew 8 percent and three tenths.

1. yankeesrj12 says:

Save Friends with Better Lives (unlikely, but I’ll miss it).

2. Chris says:

I’m hoping 24 will pick back up next week now that some shows have finished for the season. Day 9’s been really good so far and would love a Day 10.

3. Ginger says:

If they moved Star Crossed to Friday, they’d never cancel it due to the numerous eyeballs they’d add.

• brenna says:

Amen sister!!

• ... says:

They needed to pair it with one of their bigger shows to get it sampled. I would have moved Supernatural to Mondays to be with Tomorrow People and used The Originals with Star-Crossed.

• brenna says:

Yes, I think you are right about this, or should have moved Reign and paired it with TVD. It went down in the final ratings because it was preempted in New York and Hartford. It has been preempted a number of times. I know it always goes up with DVR numbers. 1.2 million people at least would love to see what would happen after that cliffhanger finale. I want to see that Atrian invasion!! Kickstarter campaign anyone?? We need a good syfy movie!

4. jp2 says:

I wonder if they look at what was going on in the country – here is Ohio we had no tv other than weather people due to multiple tornado warnings and really bad weather. Will be dvring 24 tonight at midnight.

• Elyse says:

I didn’t have that issue last night and I live in Columbus. Must have been up North? I know Sunday night we had bad storms and my Satellite cut out a bunch so I had to catch all my Sunday shows ON Demand or on Hulu.

5. lupe says:

I’m happy for Castle, loved last night episode, can’t wait for season 7 :) <3

6. Denise says:

Fox lost me as a viewer entirely after the treatment and then cancellation of Enlisted. I think when they cancelled several shows people cared about, they chased away audience from their network.

• L says:

Totally understand, I am only watching a couple of shows until they end then I am done with Fox.

• Alex says:

LOL, you do realize that you hurt ONLY yourself when you quit watching a network. Fox put on the shows you liked in the first place. I guess you’d rather never have had them at all, though.

7. tv2day says:

Heat nets playoff game. Not one of the 24 fanatics i know has seen yesterdays episode yet. I haven’t watched this season at all yet. Gonna binge watch off dvr.

8. Mikael says:

I think I stopped watching 24 sometime around season 5-6, but I decided to come back to it for LAD, and I’m glad I did. These 3 episodes are incredible! I’m actually hoping Fox brings it back for short mini seasons in the future.

9. Kris says:

I’m gonna need 24 to pick it up! This season has been fantastic so far.

10. wrstlgirl says:

I’ll admit the cliffhanger ending to SC was interesting. Unfortunately though they just took to long to get there. Most of the season was repetitive and boring and practically all the viewers they did have bailed. And I agree with tv2day on 24. Everyone I know dvr’d the ep including myself :-)

• ... says:

No, the viewers didn’t leave. It began the series with 1.28 million viewers and a 0.4 and ended the season with 1.17 million viewers and a 0.4. It was a very stable (albeit very low) show that didn’t have a chance to be sampled with CW burying it on the schedule.

• wrstlgirl says:

It wasn’t buried. It was out there for everybody to see just like everything else. It just wasn’t good.

• brenna says:

Well, about 1.2 million people disagree with you. That’s the number that watched Star Crossed from beginning to end. Although somewhat low numbers, they had a pretty consistent loyal fanbase. You’re also not recognizing the incredible competition on Monday nights – The Voice, DWTS, Bones, HIMYIM…. Not sure why you want to kick the show when it’s down/cancelled!!

11. brenna says:

Thank you for putting StarCrossed in the headline. #SaveStarCrossed

12. Riana says:

Is there any chance that Star-Crossed gets un-cancelled if Beauty and the Beast tanks during the summer?

13. ggny says:

What a huge failure 24 is gonna turn out to be

14. I.R.E. says:

DWTS have one more full season with its doubled seasons in it:

Season 19 in Fall 2014 and Season 20 in Spring 2015.

Afterwards, during 2015-2016 season, Season 21 only, then during 2016-2017 season, Season 22 only, and so forth, IMO…

15. M3rc Nate says:

IDK about anyone else but my DVR didnt record 24 and it wont unless i specifically find the episode and record it. I have the season set to record every new episode but for some reason it wont record the new eps…so it missed last nights episode.

The website guide my DVR uses is the one a lot use (all in regards to Windows DVR’ing on a PC) so i wonder if that had a effect or thats just DVR viewers not “live” or w/e.

16. Philip says:

Hope Star-Crossed gets un-cancelled… Is that even possible? :/ Where should we shout for the CW to see? :P

• Riana says:

Body of Proof got un-canceled a few years ago. I think it may depend on the summer episodes of Beauty and the Beast.

• If Body of Proof, which had a big fan base and decent ratings, didn’t get pulled back/uncanceled after all the buzz last year…I don’t see it happening for Star Crossed. Sorry.

• Jocelyn says:

You can go on fb or Twitter and go to the star crossed fan page #stargazers the whole page is about saving the show with ways to help! I agree the show didn’t get a fair chance with the time day and having it start after the season started so they started off behind with only having 13 episodes compared to normal seasons I really hope it gets saved some how

17. christopher bee says:

Star Crossed Finale was fantastic, but the teased second season arch looks a bit too pricy for the CW. Please find another Network.

18. HBH says:

How does starcrossed add so many viewers after getting cancelled

19. Vi says:

Regular programming wasn’t on in the north central to eastern ohio area. We had major storms, flooding and tornado warnings for 5 hours last night. They will show last nights programming to tonight between 11 pm and 1 am. Course my guide isn’t showing any of that.

20. I wish FOX would stop screwing with their shows lineups. I didn’t even realize Bones was on last night. Sure I’ll watch it online, but when will they learn that messing with timeslots and schedules kills shows? Oh, that’s right. Never.

It’s what killed Almost Human. And so many other shows that could have been hits if being able to watch them wasn’t so hit or miss.

21. Jules says:

I DVR’d 24.. Spent most of my night watching the tragic news of a police officer being shot and killed in a small town next to where I live.. wasn’t really in the mood to watch anything else. I am sure that 24 will get an increase when the DVR numbers are factored in.

22. Bob Jones says:

I do not understand – 24 LAD is awesome, have the TV ratings erroded so much/DVR use risen so much that 24 is barely pulling a 2.0? What other awesome show is on TV during Finale Sweeps? [Game of Thrones, Person of Interest and NBA Quarter Finals]. 24 should be rocking!

23. pat carter says:

I did not like Castle at all! So tired of this whole wedding thing. Just get it done and move on
    to another story line.

24. JMSC says:

I’m going to miss Star-Crossed. :( It should have been promoted better. I didn’t even know it was on until I found it by accident. It got better with each episode and the finale was great. The show was so much more than a stupid love story. All the characters and storylines were enjoyable. Would have been a great season 2 if given the chance.

• brenna says:

I agree that the second season could have been great. Would love to see it on Syfy. It’s great how much support I’m seeing for Star Crossed. Just wish we could have seen more support in the media and by the network while it was around!!

25. Betty says:

Can someone please bring back carnival it was a hbo series

26. Rich Abey says:

While the Castle finale certainly wasn’t even the best Season 6 episode (Veritas…I’m looking at you), the controversy & the expectation of the long-awaited Caskett wedding seems to have done the trick ratings wise resulting in a 6-Month high!

27. Jake says:

I blame 24’s drop on the weather. In Ohio where I live the ENTIRE broadcast was basically canceled by the news covering Tornados that we’re hitting my area

28. Tammy says:

Will Starcrossed viewing on the East Coast change the ratings since it airs on Saturday. Will they be adjusting it again?

29. Jacqui says:

I can’t believe there are people still watching Bones! Too funny. Talk about lazy writers…