Exclusive

Exclusive Glee Finale Clip: Another Klaine Blowout -- Can This Couple Be Saved?

Remember the candy-colored romance of Blaine and Kurt’s engagement in Glee‘s Season 5 premiere? Better take a mental picture, Klaine ‘shippers, because tonight’s finale (8/7c on Fox) appears to be painting a much darker portrait of the young lovers.

In the following exclusive clip, Blaine comes clean about a secret he’s been keeping, and his rationalizations only serve to fuel Kurt’s anger — leading to something getting hurled across the room.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Geez, I hope no delicious sandwiches were harmed during the filming of said scene.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Press PLAY below for the full clip, then share your thoughts in the comments. Is this the end of Klaine as we know it? Or just a natural hurdle in the evolution of an endgame love story?

Loading video...

1. sam says:

Oh the drama…

2. Ace says:

If there were delicious sandwiches involved, they were probably getting delivered to Randy Jackson… so really, very little net damage done.

3. Nate says:

3…2…1… bash

4. SW says:

[[SPOILERS]]

We shippers have known for weeks, thanks to spoilers including scene numbers, that their last scene together is them very much together and happy, so we’re not buying the drama. Most of us haven’t been worried at all. The only thing we’re “worried” about is whether or not Kurt will follow Blaine to LA, or stay in NY.

• Donna V says:

You mean whether the show will turn Kurt into nothing more than Blaine’s accessory who follows him around to be his cheerleader while cleaning his house and picking up his dry cleaning or staying in NY to follow his own dreams and aspirations and be his own person.

• K says:

Preach. Kurt has taken a back wheel since Blaine even showed up. Blaine cheated on Kurt and Kurt takes him back? I’m sorry but that wasn’t the strong Kurt I knew, the Kurt that was on Glee would be someone who would never let someone disrespect him like that. It’s awful to see one of my favourite characters on TV taking a backseat for Blaine.

• suebrody says:

Who knows how much Kurt will even be part of S6 at this point? I hope not very much. I don’t need needy!Kurt or Backseat!Kurt. Klaine does NOT WORK. All I want to know is what Chris’s big announcement is about a movie project.

• cc says:

Why would you put spoilers in here, what are you afraid of? What if they did the S3 Finchel treatment where only trusted people were involved in the train scene. Could happen you know and then you would have to wait until January for answers.

5. Pam says:

Considering this was written by Hodgson no wonder Kurt hit something. A bit disturbing, this, with Blaine, small and Kurt towering, swinging. Poor Chris having to act that out.

6. Mel says:

Yup they can be saved, and will be saved :) Simple as that lol. How come I’m not surprised at all that this is the scene that TV Line shares lol

7. Mags says:

did anyone else giggle at the hand Blaine raised toward the sandwiches as if making sure they were all right?? lol

• Brooke says:

I’m hoping it’s at least some cheesecake rather than boring old sandwiches. But yeah, more *wonderful* acting choices made my Darren there. LOL!

8. Lon says:

I have not cared about Klaine since season 2. Can Blaine go away now?

9. qj201 says:

Darren has talent, but Klaine is a bore and the actors have NO chemistry. NONE.

• Axel says:

They have more chemistry when their characters are fighting each other… * Love is a battlefield video on repeat*

10. cc says:

Klaine will be fine.

11. Jake says:

I am not sure who does wardrobe for these two, but OMG…who wears that crap?

12. nah says:

Honestly Blaine should have seen Kurt being mad at him for lying from miles away. Especially after the whole cheating thing.

13. David4 says:

Certain times in your life you have to understand you can love someone but can’t be with them.

14. jazzcolfer says:

I feel like the writers are playing a game called “how many times can we make blaine screw up before kurt realises he is a immature narcissistic jerks who should only be allowed to date himself and dump his sorry ass?” This relationship started being awful even before blaine cheated on Kurt with the facebook guy. Unfortunately, they will never free Kurt because this awful, toxic couple is “endgame”. blaine is a poor excuse of a character, yet he still manages to be an asshole everytime he takes a big decision. Kurt was happy for him, he could have just do his stuff instead lying because he felt the worst feeling you can have for a loved one, which is “pity”. I’m sure blee will manage to make him some sort of hero in the end by their annoying nonsensical twist. Such a mess.

15. God I hope they just break up…they have to be the worst couple in television history.

16. SD says:

I love Kurt and Blaine…why can’t they write them as happy anymore…the viewers don’t want fights every week. Geesh.

• Thilia says:

To be fair their relationship is one of the worst and unhealthiest on television. It really should have ended when Kurt moved.

17. Karen says:

While I really like Kurt and Blaine together, I do hope they break up. They are far to young to have their entire romantic future figured out. I would personally love to see Kurt get together with the ever-fabulous Elliott ‘Starchild’ Gilbert (aka. the incomparable Adam freaking Lambert!), who just seems more mature (plus, the chemistry between Colfer and lambert is amazeballs!)

18. Sara says:

I know it is only a paper bag, but after everything Kurt has been through, with Dave Karofsky and then with that whole Bash episode a little bit ago, I have such a hard time believing that he would react with even the tiniest bit of violence. Again, yes, I know it is only a paper bag, but that just doesn’t seem like Kurt to me. It rubs me the wrong way, as it were.

• jazzcolfer says:

oh my god, it’s more believable than blaine refraining from consoling the paper bag, while his living, breathing boyfriend is hurting right in front of his very eyes only because of his stupid lie, if you ask me. While kurt wisely channels his anger on some inanimated object, blaine acts as if the said object could experience pain.

• Livie says:

I couldn’t believe the acting choice Darren made in that scene to reach out for the bag that way. It looked so ridiculous. If he made that concerned gesture toward Kurt, I could buy that, but TO THE BAG? SMH

• JK says:

Blaine seriously looks concerned about whatever food is in that bag. I’m embarrassed by Darren’s acting once again.

• Trek says:

Just because he’s staring at the bag doesn’t mean he’s more worried about that, jesus….he’s clearly reacting from the shock of Kurt hitting it off. You guys are taking that one glance MUCH too literally.

• jazzcolfer says:

staring at a simple paper bag would have been kind of distracting but ok, but the guy doesn’t just look at the bag he raises from his chair and lifts his hand towards it in a “dramatic”(?) gesture. When Kurt’s reaction is part of his character development, because he expresses his anger a little more and isn’t afraid to fight back (bash, the combat class), blaine’s reaction feels like he gets distracted by objects instead of focusing on people. If you start reading as much into kurt throwing a bag in anger, and blaine being supposedly “shocked”, so we are allowed to comment on blaine’s reaction toward the said bag. Excuse us.

• Axel says:

Same here… Kurt acting on that brown bag feels out of character… he is more the one with the “glaring eyes” or swinging his shoulder bag a bit more violently than usual over his own shoulder.

19. Lisa says:

Kurt needs to go join Elliott at his Yoga retreat.

• i says:

AND never come back, please.

• jazzcolfer says:

But how will blee show blaine’s fans how much he is worthy because he can get everything Kurt works hard for and can never have, while they ends up being handed to blaine? If Kurt leaves, people will realise even more clearly that blaine has no drive, no depth, everything he gets and aspire to come from kurt’s aspiration and journey. There would be no blaine in New York or NYADA, or at June talent show, if it wasn’t for Kurt, hell there would be no blaine if it wasn’t for Kurt. Except, Kurt has depth while blaine still has no character development , no growth, the only sure thing about this character is that he is an ass and changes personality every two episode.

20. I.R.E. says:

So FOX had a extremely bad current network collapse! NO wonder Glee, New Girl and The Mindy Project were having adjustable problems on appraising what is more important in too fast speed.

But now, I know New Girl got 22-episodes for next season and I did not like that absurd idea of cutting the number of episode-order on both Glee and The Mindy Project for no reason at all:

Glee’s 24 to 13 and The Mindy Project’s 22 to 15!

• springbay says:

Glee’s episode order hasn’t been cut as of yet. Kevin Reilly has only said he’s going to sit down & talk with Ryan Murphy. There’s been no information released as to how many episodes the season may be reduced by – 13 is just a guess. Depending on the terms of the 2 year renewal, Fox may have to pay for 22 eps, whether they make them or not if they can’t negotiate their way out the contract with Ryan. General opinion is Ryan holds the cards here since Fox didn’t announce a reduced order at the upfronts.

21. Caro says:

So sick of Blaine!

22. Dave says:

god, this show is just getting worst day by day

23. stefanjames says:

Oh my god, the acting on this show is just laughable! :D Glad I jumped ship halfway through season 2…

24. Abi says:

Does Blaine have any other tone than whiny and whinier?

TV Line, of course they can be saved, if by saved you mean they will have one fight scene and then Blaine will sing to Kurt and all will magically become healed because putting a band aid, of singing a love song and hugging it out, over the gaping wounds of mistrust and incompatibility in a relationship are what Glee teaches us ‘endgame’ is all about.

A good story would have them, and especially Kurt, realise that love is not enough sometimes and toxic relationships need to end. But Glee gave up the attempt of good storytelling a long time ago. All Ryan Murphy wants is a screen ‘moment’ of a wedding. He is all about the spectacle and damn the story. So we will just have to imagine the divorce six months later…

25. Lori says:

Yes, we already know Klaine will be just fine by episode end. This argument happens at the beginning of the episode.

26. abz says:

The only thing that would make Blaine any more interesting is if the show brings back Matt Bomer as his brother next season. If not, I’m still so over anything Klaine-related.

27. Zed says:

Wow Blaine haters and Kurt haters are sure having fun with this lol seriously guys it would be better to do something productive in ur lives then spend your time commenting about how much you hate Blaine or Kurt on and on, at the end of the day it is just a show and this is just a scene in a show written by writers.

28. Barry says:

A better question is SHOULD this couple be saved? They are a horrible couple, always have been. I was over them the minute the high school junior proposed to the high school senior.

29. lunacat1 says:

I’m sorry… did Blaine say something? I was distracted by hot sexy angry Kurt and then that glorious backside as he stomped out of the room.

Blaine’s stupidity and nacassism never ceases to amaze me. Lying to someone that you cheated on? Yeah, that’ll go a long way to rebuilding those pesky trust issues. And to do it over something so stupid. Kurt didn’t ask for and wasn’t expecting a place in your precious showcase. He already knew that June didn’t like him – he was upset and dissapointed that he didn’t impress her, but he was more than dealing with it until you opened your stupid trap and told him that he’d be performing.

So now Blaine is admitting the truth not because he realizes that he was doing something wrong, but because he has no choice in the matter. That shows real evolution and maturity of his “character”.

30. Ethel says:

why do none of your videos play on my MAC?

31. Samantha says:

Why is Darren such a bad actor. Kurt needs to dump Blaine asap. I’ve seen a lot of bad couples on tv but the show is still watchable most of the time. Klaine is one of the worst couples I’ve seen from a tv show (glee has a lot of bad couples too) they get way too much sceentime and really annoying to watch, their plots are bad and boring. The show keeps telling me to root for them but they aren’t showing me why I should honestly, all I see is a truly unhealthy couple that needs to break up. They bring out the worst in each other and Blaine is written very poorly he is a very selfish character who gets everything handed to him then cries when none of the attention is on him.

32. Axel says:

Klaine being the endgame is like a married couple who cannot divorce…

33. I honestly dont care, i stopped watching Glee long ago cause it got boring as hell and Klaine is one of the reason Glee is awful

34. Why did Rachel quit Funny Girl??? This plot is so dumb.

35. I actually think that Kurt should calm down a lot now. Don’t worry about that because I will definitely sort him out if I were out there. Joanne Wisniewski

36. jlove says:

OMG Netflix needs to update glee