Frozen's Elsa Is Coming to Once Upon a Time -- But Who Should Play Her? Our Top 10 Picks

Before Queen Elsa casts her icy spell on Once Upon a Time‘s upcoming fourth season, the powers that be need to do some casting of their own.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time EPs Talk Regina’s Blast from the Past, Confirm Season 4′s Frozen Twist

Showrunners Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis have confirmed to TVLine that Frozen‘s ice queen indeed arrived in Storybrooke at the end of Sunday’s finale, but her portrayer still remains a mystery, even to them.

Should it be another former Lost star, like Maggie Grace or Elizabeth Mitchell? Perhaps a teen drama vet, like Gossip Girl‘s Blake Lively or Glee‘s Dianna Agron?

Browse our gallery of potential Elsas below, then drop a comment with your own nomination(s).

_

1. Lola says:

In my appinion, vandervoort looks the most like elsa from this list. That is one thing I love about this show – most of tge actresses look like the characters they are playing. And not because if makeup or costume. Just because it is them.

2. Madison says:

Blake Lively or Claire Holt!!! Both of them are perfect!

3. Nancy says:

My vote is for Elizabeth Mitchell!

4. Kate says:

Paquin should totally play her or Maggie grace or holt these are all wonderful actresses

5. Kate says:

I have a feeling it’s laura

6. Shane says:

Kate Hudson looks just like Elsa she should play her

7. Bradster says:

I feel like Sarah Paulson would actually make a great Elsa. But, Megan Hilty would be aweeeeesssoommee

8. Anyone from that list except for Maggie Grace, she just wouldn’t fit the part.

Kristen Bell would be fun :D

9. rebby says:

i could see Natalie Dormer playing elsa i think she suits her really well

10. Essie says:

I vote Maggie Grace, Laura van der Voort or Claire Holt.

11. I nominate Katie Cassidy. Not because she’s any good, just that it would get her off Arrow.

• Jake says:

Maybe you should just quit watching Arrow.

• Ray says:

Haha. As much as I want Katie Cassidy off Arrow, the same outcome could be achieved without inflicting her presence on OUAT. Lord only knows the program will be plagued with enough woes now that they’ve decided to introduce Frozen to the series.

• Jake says:

I actually enjoy Katie Cassidy…The real issue is the material she is given. The writers on Arrow and her story line suck. Katie does the best I believe with what she is given.

12. Nichole says:

Would love to see Natalie Dormer play the part, guess it depends on how long the arc of the story goes for. Got the impression that the “ice queen” entrance was of a slightly sinister nature and Natalie Dormer would play that so deliciously well and still manage to play any possible change to being a good queen with conviction. Plus she’s just such a good actress, anything with her in would be worth watching!! Would love it if she was in the next season of Sherlock in some way, Natalie Dormer playing against Benidict Cumberbatch would be amazing to see!!

13. Tawnee says:

I say they should choose someone new that nobody has ever seen before so that they can make there mark…Like me. When I first saw the film I felt like I was being portrayed on a film. I’ve always felt misunderstood and i felt a very deep connection between Elsa and myself…<3

14. Olivia says:

Dianna Agron and Maggie Grace get my vote. Kristen Bell would be my third choice.

15. Lance says:

Not much love for original Elsa, aka Idina Menzel. Get her before she’s too expensive for you. Seems really on the verge of breaking big.

16. anakl says:

Laura or Natalie. They’re both great choices for Elsa, they have her look & I can easily see them as a (misunderstood) villain.

17. acurat says:

Kristen Bell as a suggestion is funny – she obviously played Ella in Frozen, so to have her now play the other role would be fascinating. Most of the actors suggested could work, but scheduling conflicts probably elminate a few of these choices. Yvonne Strahovsky is still filming the last of the 12 episodes for 24 (they are not done yet, Kiefer came to the US to promote it and then ran back to England to finish filming two weeks ago). Vandervoot with Bitten is probably locked up and does not have the time. Of the 10, those two can probably be ruled out as filming for Once Upon a Time resumes next month – not enough time for Vandervoot and probably not enough time for Strahovsky either.

18. Jake says:

Please anyone but Kristen Bell and Claire Holt..MAJOR YAWNS…I could get behind Laura Vanderboort, Dianna Agron, Megan Hilty…However, I think Natalie Dormer would rock it.

19. Annika says:

Maggie Grace should play Elsa!

20. Frank says:

watch out for that shark.

21. MrMank says:

If they are going to make her evil-ish, Megan Hilty is by far the best choice of these 10. She and Kristen Bell are easily the strongest actresses among them. Of course, I always love anything Yvonne Stra-HOT-ski is in, so that’s always a good option.

22. onceuponalostgirl says:

Rachel Skarsten all the way.

23. Diana says:

We thought of an Actress that would be perfect for the role. We are already familar with her work yet we do not know if she could be on two shows at the same time. Maybe if the schedules could work out. My choice is Laura Carmichael. She is known for her work as Lady Edith on Downtown Abbey!

24. Emile says:

Natalie Dormer looks so like Elsa . And Laura Vandervoort is much Anna !!

25. M gall says:

Kristen Bell would be awesome!!!!

26. MLO says:

Megan Hilty. Does anyone else think she looks alot like Lana Parilla? Especially in that particular photo?

27. Mikael says:

I hope she’s a villain like in the original fairy tale. It seems like she’d have history with Rumple since she was in his vault. Somewhere along the line, they could introduce Anna and have her be the one to make her good.

28. Elayna says:

Natalie Dormer, or Claire Holt

29. I could see Sabrina or Arianna from the Disney show the cheetah Girls either one of these girls i think would be perfect to play the sister. They both have blode hair and they both can sing very well.

30. Jane Rose says:

It should be Dianna Argon, she can play both a good person and a bad person.

31. Jason says:

I thought that it was actually Portia de Rossi from behind. She could certainly play her.

32. Lindsey says:

Of the choices listed here my favorites are Claire Holt or Kristen Bell, but my first thought was Brittany Snow!! Is she doing anything now?? I think she’d make a perfect Elsa!

33. Lori says:

Anyone but Blake.

34. EL says:

Blake Lively, Dianna Agron, Kristen Bell, Natalie Dormer, Claire Holt and if she’s up for TV, Amanda Seyfried are my faves. However, it really depends on how they’re writing the character & what qualities they need to be the strongest. I am very excited about this!

35. I just wanna know who portrayed Elsa at the end of the finale episode!

36. Irene says:

Hey Matt wont natalie dormer be filming game of thrones though in the summer??

37. acurat says:

Apparently, what the showrunners of Once Upon A Time want is Idina Menzel. They were half joking about it in an interview, but they would love to have her play the part (if Disney were to allow it). Also, they plan to bring in a few other characters from “Frozen” as well as the season progresses as it makes sense to the story they develop. Should be interesting.

38. IMA says:

Greer Grammer cause she actually wants the part, and look the part.
    2nd choice would be Maggie Grace, she looks like she can be a evil with good intention Elsa.

39. Elsa says:

Just want to point out Elsa is 21 in the Frozen movie, so they shouldn’t go too much older than range considering she’s been trapped in a jar. Natalie Dormer would make a fantastic Elsa, considering she even looks like Elsa.

40. SABRINA says:

MAGGIE GRACE!!THE BEST ONE!

41. Laura says:

Megan has my vote. And in the photo you have posted, she resembles a blonde Regina. Loved her character in “Smash”.
    Endless possibilities!

42. Catryna Marie says:

Maggie Grace !

43. Dr. M says:

I honestly don’t see Kristen Bell joining a show likely to be cancelled next season. They’ll hire someone we’ve never heard of, so speculation is pointless.

44. keely says:

Clair holt!!! She is so unbelievably perfect to.do.this role

45. Bruce Wayne says:

Who else but Neil Patrick Harris? :) Doesn’t he do Everything lately?!
    ^^X^^

46. Gaga's Little Monster says:

Rachel “Tamsin” Skarsten, Arielle “Lexi” Kebbel, Claire “Rebekah” Holt, Laura “Kara” Vandervoort, Yvonne “Kate” Strahovski or Penelope “Liv” Mitchell. Done and done

47. Parker says:

Amy Poehler :D that’d be hilarious!

48. ELI says:

MAGGIE GRACE

49. Kate says:

I would love to see Megan Hilty in the role…but even more so I think Charlotte Sullivan from Rookie Blue would be perfect! (Even though she also has a current full series) but still Charlotte would be perfect!

50. I say they use the original cast of Frozen, that will solve the issue of casting.

• Just adding on to this, regardless of how old the cast of Frozen is they should just use them, it would be incredibly amazing.

• rwei1994 says:

well the producers invited Idina to reprise her role so we’ll see…

• Cas says:

You know I’ve never even seen Frozen. It didn’t really interest me I guess, I liked the older disney movies but I love OuAT so I’m sure it’ll be good and the second half of season 3 improved so much I am excited for season four. I may even watch Frozen so I know some of the storyline. However, I do still prefer classic fairy tales.

• Well that’s good to know. But if it does work out I can definitely see Natalie Dormer as Elsa. I mean after all she is Lady Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, she can really pull off being the Snow Queen.

• gabby says:

Say what? When? awww
        If they did manage to get her, I’m re-becoming a fan!