Fox Fall Schedule Revealed: Gotham on Monday, Bones' Big Move, Brooklyn Invades Sunday

Fox Fall Schedule 2014Fox is the latest broadcast network to unveil its schedule for the 2014-15 TV season, and here are the big headlines: Batman origin tale Gotham has landed the Monday lead-off spot; the ever-reslient Bones is relocating to Thursdays; and the network is shaking up its Sunday animation block by adding two live-action comedies (including Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Also of note: The final season of Glee is being held until midseason, event series Gracepoint (aka the American Broadchurch) will follow Bones on Thursdays; and reality series, er, “social experiment” Utopia will air two original episodes a week — Tuesdays at 8/7 and Fridays at 9/8c.

On tap for midseason are the Rainn Wilson-fronted Backstrom, animated comedy Bordertown, hip-hop drama Empire, action-adventure Hieroglyph, Will Forte sitcom The Last Man on Earth, limited series Wayward Pines, Becki Newton’s Weird Loners, as well as returning series American Idol, The Following and the aforementioned Glee.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All of the New Shows

All told, the Fox schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm GOTHAM
9 pm Sleepy Hollow

TUESDAY
8 pm UTOPIA
9 pm New Girl
9:30 pm The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Hell’s Kitchen
9 pm RED BAND SOCIETY

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

THURSDAY

7 pm NFL
7:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9 pm Family Guy
9:30 pm MULANEY

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Almost Human, Dads, Enlisted, Raising Hope, Rake, Surviving Jack and The X Factor

1. Teresa says:

Wow for the first time, nothing I care for on FOX. Only show worth my time was Almost Human.

2. roki says:

is it a good thing to move b99 to sunday after the simpsons? after seeing the first few episodes it’s instantly become my favorite comedy series, when people said fox dont have a good lineup at all, i think they are missing one of the best comedy this season. i hope the will not crush them

3. Babybop says:

B99 on Sundays?? I mean, I’ll watch it whatever night it’s on… But I liked having it on Tuesdays with Mindy Project.

4. ItsJustDoug says:

Well, B99 was good while it lasted…Sunday night Football will pull its audience and kill it…It’s a shame, it is a funny show and was perfect for Tuesdays…

5. D says:

American Idol is coming back for another season? Isn’t time to put that show out of its misery??

6. Maryann says:

This year, my only shows on Fox were Cosmos and Almost Human; I still don’t understand how they could cancel Almost Human when it beat or tied The Following in the ratings, and got almost twice Glee’s numbers.

In the fall, my only Fox show will be Gotham.

7. catherine says:

Well, ok, anything to get them off of Monday and Bones and Gracepoint looks mighty interesting.

8. MITM says:

Lets all hope Brooklyn Nine-Nine continues to fail in the ratings and is inevitably cancelled alongside the underwhelming and unfunny Mulaney so Fox’s last remaining funny and smart comedy “Bob’s Burgers” can return to its post-Simpsons slot!

9. I actually think Brooklyn Nine-Nine will do pretty well on Sundays.

• david says:

I agree. I think the idea was probably to try and build it’s audience with pairing it with more similar shows that probably speaks to it’s demographics a little bit better. If it does end up growing they can move it somewhere else later. I don’t think Mulaney will end up making it so I’m guessing it will be replaced by Bordertown. I can’t get into Bob’s Burgers (and I’ve tried really hard) – they probably should have kept American Dad instead but at least it will have life somewhere else. A lot of things are being held for midseason so it really does seem like the networks are programming closer to year round this year than before. Whether they will give them a shot past one season is anyone’s guess though. But with the success Fox has had with Following and Sleepy Hollow it’s worth a try. I’m surprised they are holding Empire.

10. LOL says:

Great, move B99 to Sunday after football, where every time I have something set to record it never does correctly. Ugh, too much work. I’ll just pirate your show and skip ads altogether that way.

11. Mare says:

Okay I’m gonna call it:
    Utopia: will crash and burn terribly. I mean crash and burn terribly It will only be remembered as a cutaway gag on Family Guy.
    Will people watch it? At first yes.
    However I don’t see it making it past the first month.
    Kinda wanted The anicent Egyptian drama to follow/lead into Sleepy Hallow and Gracepoint to come in midseason, However I have faith in Gotham.
    Tuesday night will be the comedy block once again.
    American Idols ratings will fall some more, but will be renewed for a 15th season, where they’ll replace one of the judges to ‘create more drama’ and ratings will fall so low they’ll renew Sleepy Hollow for three seasons ‘to be safe’.
    Expect this entire sceduele to get messed up

• david says:

I think Utopia will definitely crash and burn! I’m surprised that they are airing it Tuesday and Friday. Doesn’t really seem to make sense. All of the networks seem to be holding a lot back for midseason – more so than normal and some shows with actual potential. Maybe they are trying to be cautious with announcing dates and holding until they see how everyone else does?

12. Mare says:

Once baseball happens. Sorry I’m on my phone and I pressed post too soon lol

13. Pat says:

No matter where Bones goes, I will follow. I still cannot believe Almost Human was cancelled. I really liked that show. Also, I will be waiting out these summer months that are coming up, with great anticipation for the return of Sleepy Hollow.

14. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Long time Bones viewer here, so let me get this straight. . . Bones was on Monday, then Fox moved it to Friday to make room for Almost Human. Once Almost Human aired its episodes Fox returned Bones to Monday nights. Now Bones will be moving to Thursdays for next season. . . I need an aspirin for my headache!

15. rflairfan1 says:

As someone who watches 1 CBS show, 2 ABC shows, 2 NBC shows and 1 FOX show. (I was an insane number on cable, pay cable and streaming.) It was never that difficult to watch them as they air. However now with Brooklyn 99 moving to Sundays it will be going up against Sunday Night Football so I will never get to watch it live. It really isn’t difficult to find it online so that doesn’t bother me at all. But out of all the shows to move against football I didn’t really think Brooklyn 99 would be it. LOL.

16. Pix says:

I don’t know if the Fox Utopia is the same Utopia remake you guys linked, but still, this made me learn about yet another (after Gracepoint) unexplicable remake, so I’m gonna use this chance to express my feelings about this wonderful trend: WHYYYYY THE HEEEEEECK?!?!

17. it doesn’t matter what Fox’s schedule is – I’m never watching ANYTHING on it again because of their cancelling Almost Human. The best new show this season, and those people don’t have the brains to give it another year to get better numbers when it was borderline. Jerks.

18. Davin Peterson says:

FOX also cancelled the comedy Murder Police, which they never aired

19. dman6015 says:

OK, I’ll do Gotham and Sleepy Hollow on Mondays, and Bones and Gracepoint (Tennant!) on Thursdays. They can keep the rest.

20. Leena says:

Why the Hades do they keep moving Bones?!?!

21. Maureen says:

I want to know the date when BONES will air in the fall! Please reply! Thank you

22. Pam goodley says:

I wont miss any of them

23. Chris says:

How could you cancel all most human? It was better the 90% of your programming.

24. margaret 9eck says:

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT, ALMOST HUMAN BEING TAKEN OFF, IT NEVER FAILS, WHEN SOMETHING GOOD COMES ALONG THEN BAMM ITS TAKEN. IM VERY DISAPOINTED. I DONT WATCH FOX EXCEPT FOR BONES, AND ALMOST HUMAN, AND THE PAST FEW YEARSS, YOU WOULD PUT SOMETHING ON I WOULD LIKE AND THEN TAKE IT OFF, FOX IS GETTING AS BAD AS CBS. MARGARET

• Lorinda says:

I agree with you Margaret; “Almost Human” was a great show. I am FED UP with FOX !! A lot of people feel the same way. Let Fox rely on a few shows and watch their ratings take a dive !!

25. Joann says:

I REALLY REALLY loved, will love, Almost Human. It was the BEST! Why cancel a show that has been nominated for an award? Doesn’t make sense to me.

26. Phil grossman says:

Must bring back 24 for fall of 2014

27. uh animation domination sunday, look forward to it after a long day of football, and where is american dad??? come on you could have picked other day for the new shows