Revenge Finale Recap: Dead Man Walking

Revenge Season 3 Finale RecapS— just got real. I mean, we knew going in to the third season finale of Revenge that someone was gonna end up rockin’ a body bag. But nothing — not even TVLine’s own preview — could have prepared us for the shocknado that was unleashed in “Execution.” Since the episode defies traditional methods of recappage, I shall merely endeavor to keep my jaw off the floor long enough to count down the hour’s five biggest surprises. Ready? Oh, who am I kidding? Even if you think you’re ready, you’re not! (I sure as hell wasn’t.)

RELATED | Revenge Finale Post Mortem: Show’s Boss Defends [Spoiler]‘s Death, Reveals First Season 4 Spoilers and More!

5. NOLAN’S PLOT | After Javier is more or less dumped by Charlotte (who, like me, seems to only vaguely remember that she even had a boyfriend), he’s dissuaded from skipping town by Nolan. Why? (No, seriously — why? We lost Patrick for this?) Because Nolan is secretly plotting with Margaux’s newly arrived brother, Gideon, to reclaim MyClone. And if Nolan can pull off an outfit comprised of plaid pants, a striped sweater and a floral print top — which somehow he kinda does — surely, he can pull this off!

4.  JACK’S ARREST | After learning that Jack brought David’s ring to Emily instead of her, Charlotte is so miffed that she has a well-timed flashback that tips her off to his involvement in her abduction. Since this only serves to make her more miffed (miffed-er?), faster than Jack can say, “Hey, it wasn’t my idea!” Charlotte has him handcuffed and carted away. (Guess this leaves Carl in charge of the Stowaway for the rest of the evening?)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

3. DANIEL’S DOWNFALL | Turns out, not only does Gideon want MyClone, he also wants to stick it to Margaux for making Daniel her second in command. (As everyone knows, nepotism should decide who gets the corner office, not who looks hotter in a suit.) And, Daniel being Daniel, he plays right into Gideon’s hands by boffing a ginger cokehead who conveniently ODs in his bed. One candid photo of that sordid tableau, and Gideon has all the blackmail material he and Nolan could possibly need!

2. CONRAD’S COMEUPPANCE/DAVID’S RESURRECTION | At first, it seems like Conrad is actually suffering behind bars. After his bail is denied and David is cleared of all the charges against him, Daddy Warbucks gets roughed up by a guard (no, not in an Oz sorta way) and whines to God, “Death would be a luxury compared to this.” But the guard only sucker-punched him to keep from being suspected when he dresses ol’ moneybags like a priest and lets him stroll right out the gate. Unfortunately for Conrad, the designated driver who picks him up a mile down the road isn’t just any old driver — it’s freakin’ David himself! And before Conrad can even remark on how nice he looks with his new short haircut, the “deceased” has stabbed his nemesis to death! (At least, Conrad certainly looks dead.)

RELATED | Barry Sloane Exits Revenge — Get Scoop on His New Gig!

1. AIDEN’S MURDER | Still determined to make the queen bee feel her sting, Emily lets Aiden approach Michelle, the shrink who sent her to juvie all those years ago. But Victoria, having gotten a lot better at this game, is now one step ahead of Emily. So she’s laced the tea that Aiden sips in Michelle’s office with a toxin that paralyzes him… thereby allowing her to come in and smother him… to death! “Emily ripped away my chance for true love,” Victoria tells her victim. “It’s only fair that I do the same for her.” Later, Emily comes home to find Aiden’s corpse posed on the couch in front of a roaring fire — ghastly! Next thing you know, Ems has lured her archenemy to David’s gravesite. When she accuses Victoria of murder, the Maleficent of the Hamptons merely purrs, “You received my gift.” From there, the foes’ conversation gets stranger and stranger. Victoria seems to actually badmouth David — who she’s previously all but nominated for sainthood — and Emily says she’s not digging up her father’s grave, she’s digging up Amanda’s. And with that, she clocks Victoria with her shovel! Cut to: Victoria waking up in restraints in a mental hospital! Emily has had her committed! She told the doctors that Victoria became convinced that she (Emily, that is) was Amanda that she (Victoria, that is) even tried to unearth Amanda to prove it! And, as crazy as the story sounds, Michelle (under duress) corroborates it. So off Victoria goes, on an off-season trip around the cuckoo’s nest!

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the season finale — and the season? Did you think it was a great twist that David was alive… or a jump-the-shark moment? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Rebecca Parker says:

I’ve wanted the David resurrection since Day 1, I don’t care how soapy it is. I just worry that they’re making him into a bad guy, because I’m not a fan of that. Although I suppose it would be twisted if he was actually involved in the plot and Emily cleared him, and then she had to get Revenge against him. But I prefer they rebuild their father/daughter relationship.

• “soapy” that’s like the PERFECT word *lol* very contrived, very convenient, very lazy plot trick

• Rebecca Parker says:

But the show has always been soapy – it’s nothing new. You buy into it because that’s what the show is. I’m fine with it, I just want to be entertained.

• trainwreck says:

yup, I have always taken Revenge as a big large cheesy burger – not necessarily the best in quality but 10/10 in juiciness and serving guilty pleasure ;)

and tonight’s finale DELIVERED!

• Kelly says:

I totally agree…last night delivered. It is soapy and cheesy but in such a good way! I cannot help myself, I live for my hour of revenge each week!

• Lizzie says:

Agree the show is a prime time soap. We’ve known that since day one. Plus we’ve also pretty much believed the David Clark was alive. Not surprised by Aiden seeing as I saw Barry Sloans show got picked up. But wtf this show had me in totaly shock with it’s multiple cliff hangers.

• of course it was soapy.. the show has always been a nighttime soap.. doesn’t make it any less entertaining. I was so sad about Aiden even though I knew he was leaving the show I always wanted him with Emily he is so much better for her than Jack. What shocked the h*ll out of me was killing Conrad!

• Mika says:

I was surprised by Aidan’s death. He’s so cute and I love the accent and his love for Emily. I hope Emily doesn’t end up with boring Jack. I still don’t see the need for Aidan’s death. Now, I’m getting bored.

• Maritza says:

Yep! It is a soap opera..but it’s a good one! And WHY did Aiden have to die? He was Emily’s HEA! I am fond of Jack but seriously?! I don’t want Emily to end up with him….he’s in love with that little girl from the beach, and this Amanda is NOT her! If they brought David back, they can bring back Aiden…can’t they?! Ugh….I’d rather see her with Nolan then back again with Jack….and can somebody slap Margeaux already?? That girl believes whatever crap she’s fed!

• wingsstef says:

Well, that is what the show is, a soap. The writers never said otherwise, they actually have confirmed it as being one. Though, I don’t see how it’s lazy. He was hiding out because he had to wait to be cleared. Sure Amanda is going to be ticked off that she was made to feel that he was dead. Just like Charlotte is going to be ticked off. Her calling the cops on Jack is just the beginning. That just adds to the drama. I wonder how much Nolan knows. Oh that will just be, ahhh! David stabbing Conrad had to be the best Revenge death ever. Ha.

• EJ says:

I agree re: David.

I was sort of hoping that Emily woulld bury Victoria alive but I still liked the cliffhanger.

• Bhawna says:

I know right! its awesome that david clark is back! I always say, for the show to go on there need to be new twists and turns. I really hope he’s not the bad guy though. In my theory, he stayed away because he was still a criminal in people’s eyes, and had no other choice, also he knew that nolan was his daughter’s guardian angel :), now that his name is cleared he can comeback, love the haircut btw ;) .Glad that conrad and victoria got what they deserved… even daniel for that matter(he was getting annoying). charlotte as expected is dum. I love the line in the review “Guess this leaves Carl in charge of the Stowaway for the rest of the evening?” Hillarious you are!. Will definitely miss Aiden, I cried when victoria killed him, also when emily found his corpse. But I’ve always rooted for “amanda clark-jack porter” so maybe there’s chance for that!

2. Mélanie says:

Awesome finale except for David Clarke actually being alive and Charlotte putting the FBI on Jack.
    The twist of Victoria ending up in a mental facility like she did to Amanda years ago is awesome. That’s my favorite moment of all.

• Alichat says:

Yeah. I agree on your two dislikes. I really didn’t want David to be alive. Too cliched. And I was rather liking Charlotte in this episode when she basically told Victoria to go to hell, but then when she had Jack arrested, I was pretty much done with her again. She’s so pathetically oblivious. And lastly, of course, I was hoping Daniel would die. My god…I am tired of his character. Can he just die now???

• Lexy says:

Agreed!
      Charlotte needs to stop being such a doormat of a character, she could’ve easily confronted Jack herself…
      I don’t know how to feel about DC being alive, I really don’t. I guess I will just wait and see. As long as he hates Victoria… She’s beyond redemption now after what she did to Aiden whom I didn’t even like.
      To people saying it makes no sense for him to be alive, than it negates Emily’s revenge, well, her plan was to clear his name and get the Graysons a taste of their own medicine, which she did, him being alive doesn’t change that at all tbh, he would’ve rotten in jail regardless. But again, not sure how I feel about him murdering Conrad. Who helped him fake his death, who helped him get Conrad? Will he know his daughter isn’t really dead? How will he feel about her actions? Does he know he has another child? Does Victoria know about him being alive, if yes, why didn’t she run away with him? Retcons?:/ I had this theory about V helping DC fake his death, but I disregarded it due to, well, stupidity. However, I will be watching S4 for sure.
      Oh and, that last scene… Amazing. One of the best moments on TV, hands down. Easily series finale right there for me, but we know it got renewed.
      Sorry for the huge reply to your post!

• arttart1983 says:

DC knows he had another daughter, he wrote in a letter that Victoria brought the “baby girl named Charlotte” to court. “Charlotte” was the name of David’s sister, the name Victoria used to sign in at the mental hospital when she visited David’s wife.

The scene where DC kills Conrad reminds me of a scene years ago in the series “Dallas” when a favorite was killed off in a finale but the next season it was declared a “DREAM!” Could be the same thing here.

• Katie says:

well the way they cut to Victoria in the mental hospital right after seems to be a clue that you’re on to something with the “DREAM” theory.

• Lexy says:

Yep, you’re right, I completely forgot.
          So you think that was Conrad facing his demon(s) in a way, thus not real?
          I remember Mike saying they wouldn’t bring David Clarke back (this was way back in S1) and now the new showrunner saying Conrad might not be dead. Hmmm.. That actually sounds like a decent, albeit cheap twist.
          Regardless, they made sure they’re gonna hava a certain number of viewers next season and isn’t that what season finales are supposed to do anyway?

3. iMember says:

THAT WAS PEEEERFECT!

I’m not even mad that David Clarke is alive BECAUSE the way the writers did it. Conrad died the way David “died” and Victoria is put to bed the way she pit Emily’s mother “to bed.”
    – Sweeeeet poetic REVENGEEEE!

BRING ON SEASON 4!!!!

4. iamjsm says:

Ugh it was good until the reveal of David Clark. Sadly, this show just jumped the shark.

• Steph says:

There isn’t a shark left in the ocean now for this show to jump.

• abz says:

Agreed everything was good until that moment. So stupid and just proved that they’ve run out of ideas, Three seasons of trying to clear David Clarke’s name only to reveal he’s alive and now making him a murderer. So beyond ridiculous.

5. Ella says:

Because barry Sloane is on a new show….you knew he would die. And David being alive….haven’t we thought that for weeks?

I loved Revenge. Now I’m hoping next season is its last. I’ll tune in of course….but I do miss S1

• nate says:

i’ve known David’s been alive since the 1st season. its obvious

• neha says:

Well, David probably wasn’t meant to be alive season 1, since the original show runner clearly said “He’s dead. It would be too cliche and soapy to bring him back”. \

• wingsstef says:

That could have been a lampshade. I am fairly sure I remember reading bringing David back was a plan, but then some fans didn’t seem to like the idea. I think we have another case of the split base here, and now I am down talking in tropes, for now. Bahwahha!

• Luis says:

I agree… It was really obvious… and I knew since the beginning of this season that they would reveal it by the season finale…

6. Mika02 says:

OMG what a great finale of Revenge it really shouldn’t take 22 epi’s though to bury conrad, tell charlotte the truth and save jack right cant wait!

7. Heidi says:

The Aiden thing was sort of a given with the pilot pick up of Whispers, and we needed a plot setup for Emily in S4, so not surprising, but I am sorry to see him go. As for David, WICKED.

8. neha says:

I think a lot of people saw it coming that David Clarke was alive, but it was still cool to see. I think it makes the next season much more fresh and interesting. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s going to turn out that David wasn’t completely innocent, which is going to make Emily question the last three years of her life.

9. Rj says:

Aiden deserved a better send off then this. Not happy!

10. chris says:

HOLY SH!T!

11. Master_K says:

I thought the episode had lots of twists and turns; kept me entertained, can’t wait for next season!

12. While I kind of knew David had to resurface at some point(and while I’m not too terribly happy with it I’m not too upset either), but the final scene made me forget that even happened. I know the writers had said before that they wanted to make sure we felt like Emily had finally had accomplished something against the Graysons, but I thought it was just the Conrad stuff. However that last bit, ugh. One of the best TV moments I’ve ever seen!

• Emgee says:

One of the best TV moment you’ve ever seen?
      Apparently you’ve never watched “24.” Or “Breaking Bad.” Or “Justified.” All of which have had moments that are 1000x superior to anything that finale offered. And 1000x less predictable, as well.
      But, seriously, I’m glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy the next season. I, on the other hand, am bailing out of this show at this point. Hopefully, I can swim fast enough to escape the shark and make my getaway,

• greg says:

You must be really fun at parties.

• Emgee says:

Come on, man, I clearly said at at the end that I’m glad other viewers enjoyed it.
          Quit taking everything so seriously.

• j says:

HE’s taking everything so seriously?! You launched into History of TV 101 because someone dared to say they enjoyed the episode.

• You are hilarious and kinda oblivious. You insulted the poster and then congratulated him on enjoying what you deemed to be hogwash. You can’t take a dump on someone and then try to convince them that it was just brown glitter. You are a tv snob and can’t seem to comprehend that others like what they like.

• arttart1983 says:

Emgee ~ Adding to your list would be “Damages,” all awesome, well written, & the acting superior. None of the group you listed ever disappointed.

Although I like Revenge a lot, it’s a soap opera imo in the writing & acting.. “Justified,” “Breaking Bad,” “24,” nor “Damages” ever came off imo as soap operas, “Revenge” does imo.

• Emgee says:

arttart – I’ve never watched “Damages,” but I’ve always heard good things. It’s on my list of shows to binge watch my way through, very soon.

13. Lauren says:

I’m I the only one who wasn’t an Aiden fan? I wasn’t even slightly upset that he died.

• I’ve never been a fan of his, but I thought his death scene was shocking and intense. And when Emily found his body, her sobs almost made me cry. I won’t miss Aiden at all, but his send-off was one to remember!

• Meg says:

I almost cheered, I hated Aiden so much :)

• wingsstef says:

No, you are not the only one. The death was kind of strange though. I was more shocked when she blamed him for losing Pascal, and I was like, “What? Conrad did that?” I was a bit confused. Maybe the episode just wanted to throw something in the episode to make fans know how messed up Victoria is. Well, she also was responsible for putting poor Amanda with Michelle. So, I had to smile a bit when Victoria was locked up the way she did. Still, even if I didn’t like Aiden, it was heartbreaking for Emanda.

• Luiz says:

I was actually THRILLED! I instantly became a Victoria fan while watching that scene.

14. nate says:

i’ve known David’s been alive since the 1st season. its obvious. but damn the finale got better when he killed Conrad

15. Kaybee says:

Perd Hapley reporting the news about some crazy Hamptonites jumping a shark. I love the show but that took all the drama out of it. Seemed to be vying with the Maleficent trailer for most evil characters…

16. Greg says:

I wonder if Madeline Stowe will still be a cast member next season. I don’t want her gone.

17. Emgee says:

Yep, the season ended exactly how I predicted, with David Clarke alive And on that note, I am out, as they have undone the whole reason for Emily’s actions over the past three seasons.
    Um, excuse me, producers, but didn’t we see David get stabbed to death in prison? So what, now, next season, Emily finds out her father is alive and decides to take revenge on him for not coming to her in all these years? Can you spell “predictable”?
    “Nothing could have prepared us for the sharknado that was unleashed”? Please…there wasn’t one surprise moment in the episode.
    Mark my words…viewership is going to have a HUGE drop in season 4.

• iMember says:

Emily initially wanted Revenge to clear her fathers name of crimes he did not commit. She never knew Conrad ordered his death until midway through season one. Therefore her revenge today will not be undone because David is alive. She succeeded at what she sought out to do, clear his name and take the Graysons down for it.

David being alive now makes things more interesting, especially for Emily and the impact it will have on her going forward. Plus she now has a new surge of revenge towards Victoria for killing Aiden.

• abz says:

I disagree completely. David being alive doesn’t make things interesting at all, It’s predictability at its best.
        Emily: “Dad? You’re alive? But how? Why didn’t you tell me?”
        David: “I couldn’t because I was in danger and would put you in danger. I knew you we’re strong enough to take care of yourself and figure out the truth.”
        Emily: “But I thought you were dead, [Sobs and embraces daddy]”
        And you can see where I’m going. The impact can be predicted and it won’t be the least bit interesting to watch.
        Also, after three seasons of trying to clear her father’s name they ruin his innocence by making him a murderer (no matter how satisfying that murder may have been).

• revenger says:

Hated that they brought David back with his first act of killing Conrad. We were lead to believe that he was a decent person, who would not have wished for Emily to exact revenge in his name. Instead, he knifes Conrad. Where was he when his daughter was in the juvie (sp?), serving the Hamptonites at parties etc. I’m guessing we will find out that he lead Amanda/Emily to the Taketa to start the clearing of his name and that he’s been in touch with Nolan the whole time.

However good or bad it is, I’ll be watching til the end….

• tripoli says:

Totally agree. I hung in there for the last 2 seasons, hoping to see even a glimmer of the awesomeness that was season one. Sadly that never happened. We all knew Aiden would die, so no shock there. He was a terrible character so no great loss. Speculation has been pretty heavy on David Clarke being alive but I was really hoping they wouldn’t stoop to such basic story telling. Nothing new or exciting in having him alive. I rarely give up on the shows I watch, especially after multiple seasons but I just don’t see more Revenge in my future. Sad to say it as season one really was something.

18. Scott says:

Revenge knows how to write a season finale unlike most on tv

19. Robert says:

The season finale was freaking AWSOME!!!!! Revenge is going to be epic next season.

20. Greg says:

Remember when Victoria told Emily at the grave that her father wasn’t the man she thought. I bet David turns out to be evil or something. And more than likely, he will be a target for Emily next season.
    My only question is… does Victoria return or not?

• revenger says:

Good point. I wondered what Victoria meant about David. Too bad if David was just as guilty as Conrad about the flight going down for profit.

21. neha says:

I like how people are questioning whether Victoria will be back or not. OF COURSE, she will. Remember when Victoria “died” in that plane crash during season 2?

22. Jimmy says:

1. Go Emily! She so set up Victoria by visiting that moron Charlotte.
    2. Meh on David Clarke. It’s a bit soapy, but it does add an interesting twist for Season 4. I wonder how long he’ll stay hidden from Emily.
    3. Great to see Conrad get his comeuppance. A knife in the gut. Karma’s a bitch sometimes.
    4. The Aiden death came a little too quickly but damn we saw the truly viscous side of Victoria.
    5. The remark by Victoria that a Emily didn’t necessary know the real David Clarke was interesting. Makes me wonder what she meant by that.

Bring on Season 4!

23. Kaybee says:

Since this episode was about Victoria getting revenge on Emily for getting revenge on her for framing her love, David…maybe next season will be about David getting revenge on Emily for revenge on Victoria for revenge on Emily for revenge on his true love Victoria for framing him.

If you watched closely, you could see Amanda who was really Emily rolling over in Amanda’s grave – glad to be done with all of this.

And as ridiculous as these storyline a are, Revenge is still awesome.

24. Sarah says:

I have said ALL SEASON I believed David was coming back!!! I am so excited. This season of Revenge has been awesome, makes up for the clutter of Season 2. Can’t wait for next season!

25. JBC says:

The best part was Emily getting Victoria locked up. Those two are good actresses!

26. SW says:

I was on the right track in my speculation when Emily started talking about going to David’s grave and moving his body. I just thought she’d find an empty grave, and then we’d spend half of S4 with her trying to figure out what was going on. I really didn’t think we’d get that reveal of him being alive at the end of the episode, so I was definitely shocked. It’s such a soap opera move to do, but everyone knows Revenge has always been pretty soapy. Now I’m wondering if he’ll turn out to be a bad guy, after all. I mean, he was alive the whole time and his death basically ruined Emily’s life, and it feels like he just used Emily and her grief to clear him of all of his charges. I don’t think she’ll be happy to see him when she finds out he’s been alive this whole time. It would be interesting if the final person she has to get “revenge” against is the one person who started the whole thing. And on a side-note, I’m not upset about Conrad’s death. It was the right time. He served his purpose. As for Aiden, I’m not happy about it, but I think he served his purpose, as well. I will miss him, though.

27. Guest says:

This is what TV is all about. A show with nothing to lose basically said “F**k it,” snorted a pound of PCP, and went completely off the rails at 1,000 mph in the interest of pure entertainment. Hopefully season 4 keeps up this momentum. I can’t wait.

28. Jen says:

I knew they would probably kill Aidan off, so even though I was very not ok with it, I was prepared. I was NOT prepared for how he died and the way Victoria not only listened to Emily’s pain, but threw it in her face. When she told Emily that she ruined Victoria’s chance at happiness, I wanted Emily to go full out on her about everything and everyone that Victoria took from her. It was stupid reasoning on Victoria’s part – you took one person I loved, so I’m going to take your love – oh, and I already took out your father, your best friend, 9 years of your freedom…so I was disappointed that Emily didn’t respond to Victoria’s statement. But I LOVE that she got Victoria admitted into the psych ward. I’m also glad Emily didn’t resort to killing Michelle or Victoria – Nolan was right, Victoria deserves to die, but some good time in the psych ward might be a better punishment.

David being alive – I think we’ve seen that coming. Did NOT expect it to happen like that, though. I mean, why now? After all these years, why did David kill Conrad now? I can’t imagine Emily going after her father, no matter what she finds out about him, but him being alive might ruin her, especially when she realizes she lost both Amanda and Aidan – plus like 10 years of her life preparing and executing her revenge – on behalf of a man that isn’t dead after all. Nolan won’t take it well either.

I’m really surprised that Charlotte turned Jack in instead of confronting him. She clearly knows that her kidnapping was about her findig out the truth, not hurting her, so I would think she would want answers.

Emily VanCamp is an incredible actress. The scene where she found Aidan was heartbreaking. I was so sad after that scene that I didn’t really enjoy Victoria’s takedown as much as I would have otherwise. But there’s definitely some great setups for next season. I still desperately want to see Emily beat the crap out of Daniel though.

• SW says:

I think the reason David resurfaced now and killed Conrad is because he’s finally been cleared of the charges against him. That’s what he’s been waiting for this whole time, for Emily to clear his name. Now she has.

• Lucie Loing says:

My thoughts exactly. I don’t necessarily like that he is alive, but won’t Victoria be surprised when she sees him! Victoria’s hatred of Amanda shows that she never loved David.

• Julia says:

Agreed with everything you said. I can’t imagine Emily not falling apart when she sees her father after all this time, but I do have a feeling the show will drag that meeting out a looooooooot.

29. Analog says:

Who’s the actor playong Gideon?

30. Scott says:

Is it possible Emily’s known about her father not being dead this whole time? He could’ve sent her to try and get close to the Graysons in order to bring them down

• Emgee says:

That might have been enough to keep me watching IF they had revealed something like that in the finale AND had managed to explain why, even after three years, she still doesn’t trust, at least Nolan enough, to share such an important detail with him.

• Scott says:

who said Nolan isn’t aware he’s alive? He might have been the one to help David fake his death

• wingsstef says:

Keep in mind the flashback scene, “When you are 18 I am going to give you something special too.” Remember what happened to on her 18th birthday? Nolan showed up to pick her up from Juvenile hall. That got my mind thinking anyway. Hmm..

• Emgee says:

So, Nolan and Emily both knew, but never discussed it, even when alone? Sorry, but not buying that.

• Bhawna says:

I have a feeling that nolan knew david clark was alive. Its possible right, thats why he’s been emily’s guardian angel all this time.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah that’s my thought too, that they’ve been in on it together the whole time and that Emily’s just kept it to herself.

31. Cheryl says:

I love the relationship of Emily and Aiden and am sorry that they killed him off. I love that Emms got revenge on Victoria by having her comited. And ….. I can’t believe that David Clark is still alive. Can’t wait for next season!

32. Liza says:

AH-MAZING!!!!! That was all kinds do awesome! I have been hoping David was alive since the beginning! Cliched and soapy? Heck, yeah!! But, Revenge is a soap!!! I cannot wait for Season 4. Love James Tupper and assuming he will be a series regular. Is Conrad really dead?

33. N says:

Loved the SF! I hated seeing Aidan on the couch…..way too creepy! I knew David was alive
    since season 1…….Glad they went there!

34. Sara says:

-I too was hoping David wasn’t alive but I’m interested to see what they do with it. I like how he and Emily are kind of polar opposites. Obviously he’s pretty collected if he’s stayed “dead” for this long, but the way he stabs Conrad was dirty. It seemed careless. Emily is rarely careless and when she is, it’s not by choice and she corrects it. So I’m really curious to see how this plays out. I really want Charlotte to find out Emily is her sister. I’m shocked they decided to kill Conrad (if they choose to, I guess).
    -As for Aiden’s death (which btw I knew was coming but I’m still upset about it UGH)….did it remind anybody else of Buffy? When Angelus kills Jenny Calendar and poses her body in Giles’ apartment? I was shouting at the TV about how the last time I saw this it was on Buffy lol and I was just as disgusted. Actually I was far more upset by this one! Killer episode though (no pun intended)

35. MP says:

That finale was bananas. That’s how you do a season finale. I have not enjoyed this season at all. I found it boring and fast forwarded through a lot of scenes, but tonight’s finale held my interest. I wish the Revenge writers a good, and creative, Season 4. And that Emily and Jack find their way back to one another romantically. I’m such a sucker for those two.

36. Revenge has the best season finales! Can’t wait to see what will happen in S4, and Emily’s next step!

37. greysfan says:

That was one of the best finales i have seen in ages the only downer for me is that David Clarke is still alive. Emily/Amanda have done all this for him thinking he is dead and he is still alive? Glad to see the Graysons finally go down though. Conrad got what was coming to him while Victoria in a mental institution was the best twist yet. Sucks that stupid Charlotte got Jack arrested though. Its going to be a cracker of a season 4. Bring it on!

38. winks says:

Why do we think that really has to be David Clark? Couldn’t it be the imposter thta was working for Victoria?

• that’s a darn interesting suggestion! maybe :o it still doesn’t explain why that guy who’s Victoria’s henchman is living in David Clark’s cabin, and obsessed with him enough to keep his pictures & documents everywhere…?

• lillie says:

i too thought it was the imposter working for victoria…even though i read that the writers did decide to kill off conrad ad bring david back…i think maybe just maybe…conrad is going to somehow survive and do some evil from the sidelines pretending to be dead..now that would make for good television…i’d like to see margo and her brother and javier be gone..they do nothing for the show …not to keen on the david clark resurgence..and was bummed about the aiden death…didn’t know he was in a new series makes sense…is it predictable that jack and emily get together..would be nice..but maybe there is something out there for her an nolan???

hmmmmm

• Scandyhoovian says:

The imposter and David Clark were two different actors. The guy that stabbed Conrad is the same guy in the flashbacks to when Amanda was young but the impostor guy is way skinnier and his face is totally different. Unless the impostor is wearing a creepy David Clark mask I don’t think it’s the same guy.

39. Kristen says:

I was a little disappointed with how they handled Aiden’s death. Surely there was a more heroic way to send him out, one that was more fitting to his character? This just felt like a quick way out. And David Clarke’s “resurrection” didn’t surprise me at all. That felt a little too soapy and cliche.

40. This was a great finale, but it’s still the last season I’ll be watching
    “Revenge” unfortunately. There’s just too much poorly-done, amateur production
    value on the audio editing. Even on this last episode tonight, you
    could notice several obvious lines of dialog that were clearly re-recorded and
    spliced into the audio after the fact, and done very badly at that. ABC
    Studios is a billion dollar company, it’s about time they start acting
    like it! Do they think no one notices this embarassing production flaw?

41. Tamara says:

Not a chance has Emily known about David. She thought she wax avenging her father’s death. I suspect David manipulated Amanda/Emily with his journals. He left her the resources to clear his name. However maybe he gave Conrad reason to set him up. I do think we’ll see Emily question the pst several years of her life and the people she mentioned hurting in order to accomplish it. I just wonder what the end game is. Conrad got his. The satisfaction of seeing Victoria get hers was resolved (mostly) this episode and now that David is alive, a final V takedown doesn’t seem likely. I loved most of this episode (Daniel’s and Jack’s story lines aside), but I’m curious to see what they’ll do with season four.

42. volcfom says:

I’m wondering if Conrad’s escape and murder could be construed as a dream: either Conrad’s or Victoria’s (not that she’d know details about the guys who gut-punched him). They left it open to back-track after seeing the viewers’ feedback.

• arttart1983 says:

volcfom ~ I think you are exactly correct, a “DREAM” sequence was used in the series “Dallas” years ago & was a big hit when a main character was murdered on the finale, the “DREAM” was explained at the beginning of the next season.

imo, that will be the case of DC, he’s still dead & Conrad’s dreaming.

43. Delena forever says:

A) Daniel should’ve Died
    B) David alive is sucre a cliche
    C) I hate Charlotte for sending
    D) DANIEL SHOULDVE DIED

44. Diandra says:

I miss you, Ryan Kelly. Not sure why he was ever fired. One thing he was adamant about was not bringing back David Clarke…. show should have ended after 3 seasons.

45. Bird says:

Wow…Adian gets killed with a throw pillow! He was a trained killer and a cup of tea and a throw pillow! Blahhhh I am done I wish the show would just end already…won’t be tuning in in the fall…

• nate says:

u act like he was suppose to know the tea was gonna do him in

• Sarah says:

Trained killer or not, you’re not immune to a toxin like that. The playing field wasn’t fair. Victoria even says it. If Aidan had the chance, he would have broken Victoria in half. Or thrown her out a window. He almost chokes her which shows how strong he was.

• M says:

lol. cup of tea & a pillow. hilarious

46. Sarah says:

Of all the shows I watch, this is hands down the best finale for me this show season. The twists and turns were unexpected. I try to keep up with the spoilers, but the things that happened in this episode, I would have never thought would happen. And for that I CANNOT wait for season 4

47. Sarah says:

David’s “resurrection”, I believe, was necessary. It didn’t just happen like, “Guess who’s back!” I think his silence was perfect. They didnt have him say something lame like, “You thought I was dead” or something. He just guts Conrad. Kind of fitting since he- Conrad- was boasting about how people have gone after him but he’s still standing.
    As for Victoria, she got what she deserves. Emily didn’t kill Pascal. Conrad did. Victoria took it out on the wrong person.

48. cyrax86 says:

Horrible “twist”, can this show be any more soap? Very disappointed, they should announce the next season is the last, although due to ratings it definitely is!

49. This is what Revenge is all about, it works best when its beep crazy!

50. Bam says:

I have been wondering for awhile if David Clark was all of a sudden magically appear alive. I really hoped that he wasn’t for the story sake. I just think it’s more powerful for the audience to feel and connect to the emotions of ‘FINALLY Amanda Clark did her father complete justice and can now move on to somewhere mysterious to the viewers.’ Now we know the ending of the entire series, I mean we all know that good/ justice always prevails in TV dramas, but now we definitely know Amanda and her dad are going to be hanging out all the time. Which of course isn’t a bad thing, it’s really cool that he is alive, but for TV show sake, it is pretty cliche I suppose is the word. My initial reaction when I saw DC, was ‘really? ok.’ What I like about this show is the mysteriousness about it and would liked for it to end as so.

I guess it doesn’t take away all of Emily’s hard work, but I just have so many questions now with David being alive. Probably what the writers wanted, but now I definitely feel like this next season is going to be the last.
    – Why didn’t David contact Nolan like he did before?
    – Did he know the fake Amanda was alive?
    – What in the world has he been doing to seek his Revenge?

I just to know now!!

• Mary M. says:

I love revenge sence the first episode, but I just can’t understand why did you kill Aiden! I cryed so much during that episode… :'(