Exclusive

The Mentalist Sneak Peek: Cho Takes Lisbon on a Warm-Fuzzy Trip Down Memory Lane

Oh, Cho….

This Sunday in the penultimate episode of The Mentalist‘s Season 6 (CBS, 10/9c), Lisbon (played by Robin Tunney) will turn to longtime colleague Kimball Cho (Tim Kang) for advice on her possible move — not just to D.C., to be with Pike, but to a new job.

RELATED | The Mentalist Creator, Stars Discuss the Jane/Lisbon Dilemma, Tease a Love-or-Hate Finale

Will the ever-stoic Cho offer sensible, pragmatic advice? Or might he cough up a Kleenex-worthy anecdote from their past? (Warning: It’s the latter. Press play to see what the ol’ softy has to say.)

P.S. If you haven’t gobbled it up already, be sure to read my in-depth 4-way Q&A with Tunney, Simon Baker and show boss Bruno Heller, where they ponder’s Jisbon’s past and future, and whether next week’s season finale will satisfy as a series finale. If need be. UPDATE: It needn’t be — renewed!

Loading video...

1. Thanks for posting! Oh boy this made me cry.:( I love this Show so much since years, I don’t want to see the End of it already.

2. Gaelle says:

Thank you! And awwwww.

3. Elaine Bondra says:

I suppose that’s as warm and fuzzy as we will ever see Cho get. A nice moment and totally true to character.

4. Val says:

Thank you! I’m not crying here, there’s just some Cho/Lisbon brotp in my eyes

5. bj says:

*sniiff* I love Cho. I really hope this is not our last season for this show.

6. Tav says:

Cute clip and I see Robin’s little finger wiggle strikes again :D
    Though I thought news of cancellation/renewal would be announced yesterday; is it odd that it hasn’t been revealed yet? Maybe it’s a good sign and we’ll get an abridged season/reduced episode count or something. One can hope…

7. meliza says:

As paradoxical as it seems, I think Jane has something to do with Lisbon getting the job offer in DC…

• macchief says:

Technically Jane does since Lisbon probably wouldn’t have been hired by the FBI had he not made her one of his demands for agreeing to work for them.

8. Erin says:

I really appreciate this post. I can’t believe the show might be over… I’m so heartbroken and in denial.

Cho is where he is because of Lisbon. Beautiful, how do they make you feel as though so much time has passed?

9. Pat says:

It sure looks like this could be the series finale. Just the way Cho and Lisbon are speaking and looking at each other and then the hug, well that says it all.

10. enri says:

Thanks Matt! Nice to see Cho opening up and having emotions.

11. Georgia says:

Cho has been one of the best parts of this show. I wish there were more episodes centered around Cho/Jane.

12. DarkDefender says:

Classic Cho. Great clip!

13. Eva says:

Finally a moment between Cho and Lisbon! It’s so cute how they hug, but we can see Cho doesn’t want her to go. No one wants her to go ;___;

14. What great actors…but am i the only one who confuse about lisbon doesn’t want anybody else to know about the offer?

• macchief says:

My guess would be that either because she would want people to believe that she decided to leave because of her relationship with Pike and not because she was offered a new job, or because since at the time (assuming she hasn’t already said yes to moving with Pike) she is still waiting for Jane to say that he loves her and doesn’t want him finding out that she has a job offer because it may cause him to tell her to take it and possibly tell her how he feels about it, or she’s afraid people will think the only reason she would be taking the job is because Pike’s promotion is in DC as well.

15. Sarah Betar says:

I love this show..why can’t there be more episodes per season….we need more shows….we need more shows…we need more shows…oh, and did I mention…we need more shows

16. Bonnie Maynes says:

That’s so Cho. I love this show. It needs to be renewed so it can continue.

17. macchief says:

Intresting info about the old team. I was always under the impression that Cho had worked with Lisbon on the team before she was promoted to Senior Agent and Rigsby had replaced her as a field agent, but it turns out that Rigsby was on the team before Cho.

18. Gayle says:

Loved this clip! It was typical Kimball Cho – short, practical, with just enough emotion to endear. What was equally lovable was to see him be totally clueless about Jane and Lisbon’s relationship, while someone who knew them for a shorter while ‘got it.’ Love the show! Love the characters. Glad Kimball stayed!

19. Laura C says:

Love Cho, but NOT Lisbon & Jane together. I already put up with the long-suffering RJ storyline then the departure of my other 2 faves, Rigsby & Van Pelt. The nail in the coffin for me will to pair those two together. They may make good partners but have NO romantic chemistry, more like bickering siblings.

20. Ed says:

This is my favorite Sunday evening show. I hope it will be around for many more seasons with Lisbon staying put, and It deserves a more stable time slot.

• Sarah Betar says:

yes…keep the Mentalist, one of your best shows…however, if you want more people to watch put it on a different night (when you aren’t doing sports which prevents people from DVRing the show with any realiable expections that you will get the entire show)…..middle of the week, wednesday or thursday, at 8 or 9pm…..

21. Sarah Betar says:

why can’t we bore YOU…you often bore us

22. brianincbus says:

Please don’t call them Jisbon, that has a different meaning. Jizz Bin if you can’t figure it out. ;-)