Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What's New!

As one season wraps, another is already on the horizon. The broadcast networks have started to unveil their lineups for the 2014-15 TV smorgasbord, and TVLine has compiled this handy guide to the new offerings from ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

Click here to check out our alphabetical slideshow, then hit the comments to let us know what you’ll be watching.

And make sure to bookmark this page and visit often. We’ll be adding additional neophyte series as pick-ups are announced. (We’ll also share trailers as they become available.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Photo Gallery, Previews, Series Orders

1. Faith Vilas says:

The McCarthys

2. Candace says:

LUV me some Scott Bakula !!! Anything he is in…is watchable and a bit quirky :) My youngest son, who I lost this past November,and I always watched Quantum Leap. That was his favorite show and I will always have that wonderful memory so thank you Scott.

3. James says:

NCIS is heading into its 12th season. Most shows rarely make past 7 and those that do usally stop after the 10th. One has to wonder if maybe they are planning to past the torch to NCIS: New Orleans after the next season, provided it gets renewed

4. James says:

I’m intersted in
    The Flash

NCIS:New Orleans

Scorpion

Forever

Marvel’s Agent Carter

The Mysteries of Laura

A to Z -looks a lot like HIMYM hopefully this on will have a better ending regaurdless of how long it runs

Galivant – looks like a hoot it gives me Mel Brooks vibe and orginal song that one of the things I loved about Smash

Gotham ? not sure a batman show without batman? then again I said the same thing about Smallville and superman and I ending up loving that show soo will have to wait and see

5. retired military says:

Wont watch this piece of trash with Scott Bakula in it. Specifically because of Scott Bakula. Cant stand him.

6. Dee Rhodes says:

I think Jennifer Lopez’ performance was as bad or worse than Miley Cyrus. What are they trying to prove? Disgusting!!! When are we going to get some decent musical programs on. Like Donnie & Marie, David Foster, Captain & Tennile?? Or whatever happened to good ole funny programs such as “Laugh In”, Carol Burnett, Lucy shows. We need a clean-up of some of the programs on today. Doesn’t anybody think about how these shows affect our children and their future.

7. Pat says:

So very disappointed that NBC cancelled CRISIS. M idle America does watch TV.

8. Tran says:

I’m interested in State of Affairs (could be NBC’s next breakout hit) and Scorpion. I’ll give Stalker a chance even though it’s the scariest show in TV history and great performances by Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott. Front runners for the first new show of the Fall TV season to get canceled in my opinion: Jane the Virgin, The McCarthys, Manhattan Love Story and Cristela.

9. micki says:

please tell me anything about chicago fire ,are they alive?

10. Deborah Kaplan says:

I just read on TV Line that The Mentalist is coming back in Midseason. I am so happy it is coming back to CBS. I really like that show.

11. JimK says:

I see only a small handful of shows that have a chance of making it. Some of the shows look absolutely dreadful. Overall, this looks like another loser season.

12. larry b. says:

Remember August 25-29 is “Dump Your Cable/ Satellite” week. Strike a blow for Americans who paid too much and get so little. Let others know and let’s scare the hell out of the cable companies

13. Joanne says:

I can’t believe they are putting that Home Bobo back on…It is rude and an insult to REAL country folk!

14. Michael Emberton says:

Of the slated new shows, Backstrom, Constantine (like the premise, don’t like the cast), The Flash, Forever (this idea has already been tried with New Amsterdam, which was a good show canceled too soon), iZombie (cool idea, horrible name), Madame Secretary (something different from the usual crappy spy drama junk everyone seems to be into nowadays), and Scorpion are the only ones I’ll be checking out.

Everything else is either too dumb, has a bad cast, or is so much the same as the shows we’ve seen before as to be no different…..

15. fifa coins says:

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of
    volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!

16. Rosemary says:

I loved The Mentalist. I don’t watch The Big Bang. It looks like I will be moving around the dial. I also like Castle, Good Wife and all of the NCIS programs.

17. Traceyu1 says:

Please any network consider picking Revolution up for third season . Please #RenewRevolution! #RelocateRevolution!!!

18. Trina says:

Even though I have my doubts that all of these will ever make an appearance – Here’s my I;m going give it a chance list (DVR max out due to conflicts!)
    Allegiance
    American Crime
    Aquarius
    Empire (Terrance Howard – YES PLEASE)
    Gotham
    How to Get Away with Murder
    Madam Secretary (Only if its remotely like the West Wing)
    Members Only
    NCIS: NOLA (Under protest – Put LA back on Tuesdays!)
    Odyssey
    Red Band Society
    Secrets & Lies
    Stalker
    State of Affairs (Katherine Heigl – I have my doubts but if you remind me of the West Wing at all, I’ll stick around!)

19. Durna says:

Awesome shows!!!!

20. Rob says:

Will CSI NY ever return with another series?

21. iamsport.org says:

I practice part time over the acupuncturist san clemente country scuttled.
    A very small survey, Dr Quigley had implicated himself with
    severe stomach pains. Although tea tree acupuncturist
    san clemente oil to reduce physiological reactions to existing treatments.
    You might have thought that it would ultimately complement Federal Government’s efforts
    at weight control have failed to give birth to a blockage, then homeopaths, acupuncturists, homeopaths argue the remedy.

22. I’m sorry they cancelled Intelligence & Revolution, but am very glad they renewed Last Man Standing as it is one of only 2 sitcoms I think are worth spending my time on. Hopefully their experience with the Michael Fox & Robin Williams shows will alert them to the fact that it takes more than a famous name to make a good sitcom.

23. I every time emailed this weblog post page to all my associates,
    for the reason that if like to read it after that my contacts
    will too.

24. diane says:

A couple of mid-season shows look ok otherwise the shows look blah and uninteresting.

25. Mary says:

Of the 55 shows listed there’s not many I’m interested in checking out, Some of the shows sound so bad you wonder if network execs use a dartboard to determine which pilots to pick up. Gotham sounds interesting but having it star Ben McKenzie has made it must-see-tv. A-Z looks cute and it stars Cristin Milioti, so I’m in. Galavant, based on the description alone, is my pick for first cancellation.

26. rebecca says:

I will not watch any new series. Why? Because they will just wind up being cancelled like so many shows I watched religiously. So what’s the point.

27. Lyn G says:

No Ziva: the new character taking her place..,,like watching ‘cardboard’, just plain dull and boring, Does not fit into the show!

28. I can’t believe that Revolution was cancelled. What a kick in the head to the loyal fans that watched it week after week. The least you could do is end it so the fans know what happened. It has always annoyed me that there is never an ending to anything once it gets cancelled. So much for fan loyalty and I felt like I wasted 2 yrs. of watching a show that I will never know what happened.

29. Michael Westen says:

I’m thinking:
    Forever
    Madam Secretary
    State of Affairs
    Agent Carter
    Scorpion

I’m interested in a bunch more but will have to see some commercials.

30. Don’t plan on watching any of the shows on The CW. Tired of getting my shows cancelled after the first season. I invest time in a show and I think my time is important.

• Nick says:

Big tomorrow people fan? Wasn’t that like the only CW show that was cancelled after one season? I don’t think this comment makes much sense.

31. Lynne says:

do you have the starting dates for the non- big- network shows – The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Justified etc.? we live in Canada and have a terrible time tracking down shows we watched when living in California — but it’s helpful if we know when the start date is of the show, then we can contact our local provider (who will then charge us for extra channels, LOL) thanks

32. Nick says:

Looks like I’m late to the party, but there are a ton of these that I want to check out.

AD
    Backstrom (Rainn Wilson)
    Battle Creek (VINCE GILLIGAN)
    Bordertown (I’m voting for Pedro)
    Constantine
    Emerald City
    The Flash
    Forever
    Galavant
    Gotham (so pumped for this, looks amazing)
    Gracepoint
    Last Man on Earth
    Marvel’s Agent Carter
    Mr. Robinson
    Mulaney
    The Odd Couple
    Red Band Society
    Scorpion
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Wayward Pines

Yeah, I know that’s a lot. Usually I’m pretty ambitious with new shows and then there will be several that I don’t like and quit watching. Since most of these premiere at midseason, I’m not too worried. I’m really psyched about Backstrom, Galavant, Mr. Robinson and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt because they all star favorites of mine from recently deceased shows, The Office and Psych. I desperately need some new sitcoms, though, with Parks and Rec ending and the recent end of The Office and How I Met Your Mother.

33. Linda Garza says:

Most of shows I like are on CW but Dish does not have,I really miss CW what can I do

34. Inga says:

I’m thrilled that Criminal Minds is adding Jennifer Love Hewitt to an already amazing cast!Criminal Minds is the best series to ever come along. I’m thrilled and excited for season 10 and many more! I hope the writer’s delve a bit more into the casts personal lives to show how much these agent’s give up for their exhausting careers. I love CM, no matter what the story line it is always spot on and gripping. Maybe some hope auditions for the fans will be in the future? It would be awesome for talented fans to get a chance to be part of CM’s amazing journey! Much love :-)

35. Inga says:

I meant, maybe some open auditions will be in the future for Criminal Minds! It would be awesome for the die hard,talented fans to have a chance to be part of the amazing CM’s journey :)That would be an awesome Thank you to the loyal fans. What do you think Erica Messer? Love to all the wonderful actors,writers and producers. Always your biggest fan :-)

36. Mike Allen says:

I enjoy watching NCIS, NCIS L. V. , Criminal Minds, Dateline, and 48 Hours. Throw in The Dome,<(although, I wished they would stop killing people). Most of the comedy programs. That is, if I am not busy with my hobbies, astronomy, metal detecting, model trains.

37. Anita says:

Smart tv should really be more family friendly! people with children are now buying more family shows for their children because tv is getting to brutal, wake up! Americans are going back to the older days TV programming because they now see why Mommy wouldn’t let them watch programs with killing,swearing, and sex because they now have children of their own and want the same values they grew up with! Most parents realize now their young children’s minds are not ready yet for what this new TV is offering! WOW are our minds ready for it, let the big screen make these movie and keep TV for families again!

38. Tim Sheely says:

Mentalist should stay on year round great show, put in better time sot than it is in and it will be the best show.

39. This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something which helped me. Thanks!

40. Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be
    bookmarking and checking back often!

41. Jeanna says:

Definitely will watch Gotham, Gracepoint and The Flash. Will probably give Forever, Backstrom, CSI-Cyber, Constantine, Marvel’s Agent Carter a look see, as well. Want to see a little more about iZombie, The Messengers, The Whisper, Galavant, Scorpion and Emerald City before deciding but the concepts are interesting.

42. Jill Myers says:

I for one am tired of so called “split season” for shows.It hurts the ratings and has cancelled out some shows…ex:NBC’s “Revolution”.It was a good show but the last season was just out there lost,no real storyline and next thing you know,it is cancelled.Another great show not cancelled but at one point was rumored for the chopping block is ABC’s “Once Upon A Time”.They started this split season junk last season and angered many viewer’s with a cliffhanger and ABC rumors of it not returning.I realize there need’s to be room freed up for new shows and this so called splitting seasons may for now,shy of canceling,has got to be worked out another way .

43. Since the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very shortly it will be famous,
    due to its quality contents.

44. Jacqueline Bagley says:

Emerald City, Forever

45. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.
    This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good
    works guys I’ve included you guys to my blogroll.

46. ann frazier says:

Love bones, would also like to know date 24 starts

47. David says:

Why a slideshow and not a link to each new show? I came here for info on a particular show, and I’m going to look elsewhere!

48. Michelle Luukkonen says:

Bring the night shift back you got us all hooked and then just dropped off when will it be back?

49. lynn malkia says:

i was a fan of twisted now that its cancelled am doomed no more anticipation of series

50. alice sheldon says: