Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What's New!

As one season wraps, another is already on the horizon. The broadcast networks have started to unveil their lineups for the 2014-15 TV smorgasbord, and TVLine has compiled this handy guide to the new offerings from ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

Click here to check out our alphabetical slideshow, then hit the comments to let us know what you’ll be watching.

And make sure to bookmark this page and visit often. We’ll be adding additional neophyte series as pick-ups are announced. (We’ll also share trailers as they become available.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Photo Gallery, Previews, Series Orders

1. MattArmando says:

THE WHISPERS!!

• Big Mike says:

Without Community, I don’t care about anything else right now.

• omar says:

I’m in with this show :D Lily Rabe and it sounds pretty cool!

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, this sounds good. Plus, Lily Rabe=WINNING always.

• Robert Smith says:

NCIS New Orleans will be a Bomb just like RED was op’s never made it the cast does not stand a chance not enough power sorry Scott (has been) but your side kicks are just side kicks please don’t even do something else besides watching another drone clone shown waste your time get a l

• AAHHHHH Crap, I’ve already seen the BBC version of Gracepoint and Tennet was AWESOME in that and I’m assuming it’s a remake of the same show. This sucks. I didn’t know they would remake it here. Word to the wise everyone get ready to cry like a baby for most the season LOL. DAMN it was an emotional rollercoaster.

• vic says:

You know they remade it with Tenent….he speaks with an American accent …..he also flew back to London finished the Dr. Who 50 th Anniversary , then started filming season 2 of Broadchurch

2. Krystan says:

iZombie seems like a grosser version of Pushing Daisies minus the charming background. I might give it a shot because I love Rob Thomas shows, but it will depend on how many brains they show her eating.
    I will definitely watch Gotham and probably Kate Walsh’s show but only because I miss her on my tv.

• Dee Dee says:

Lol! I forgot about Pushing Daisies! I was thinking it was True Calling with zombies. Either way, I’ll have to give it a look see because it’s one of very few even slightly supernatural new shows this fall and that’s the type of thing I normally gravitate towards. But it will probably quickly leave the zombie focus behind and become a crime of the week drama. :-(

3. Teag says:

Laurence Fishburne is a recurring guest star? Uh huh.

Anyways, Constantine, Galavant, Hieroglyph, Marry Me, Agent Carter, Messengers, Mission Control, Mr Robinson, Stalker, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (change that name), and The Whispers look intriguing. We’ll see if they’re good.

4. Hieroglyph intrigues me.

5. woodyinho says:

I thought Jake McDorman and Analeigh Tipton are the main stars of Manhattan Love Story? It doesn’t look like it based on that promo pic.

6. alexandrrina says:

Marvel’s Agent Cater, Gotham, Constantine, The Flash, Galavant, iZombie, cause Rob Thomas, duh! :D basiclly, anything comic-book related and fairytale stuff, cause why not :D but is it just me, or are there just way too many cop dramas already!?

7. NoChance says:

“One Big Happy” sounds an awful lot like what Will & Grace were planning to do before Grace met the love of *her* life (Will).

8. aura says:

Backstrom
      Gotham
      Empire
      One Big Happy
      Constantine

• Wade Wilson says:

Watched the leaked pilot for Constantine…was really awful. Couldn’t even finish the first episode. Very disappointed.

9. Babygate says:

Bad Judge! Kate Walsh, woo hoo! How to get away with murder. These two are my must watch. Also very interested in State of Affairs, Madam Secretary and Agent Carter. I may sample others like Astronaut Wives Club and Marry Me. Gotham is also a possibility. Nothing else really catches my attention.

10. JC1 says:

ABC: Definitely Agent Carter.
    CBS: Possibly NCIS New Orleans, but I still haven’t gotten around to watching the “planted pilot” episodes, so…. Also possibly Scorpion, but that’s a big maybe.
    NBC: Maybe Constantine – I want to see the trailer. I don’t really know much about the character. Odyssey kind of looks interesting.
    CW: Probably Flash.
    Nothing on Fox.

• Lore says:

Yes, NCIS could be better or maybe was the accents… we will see

• JC1 says:

Well, I just did watch the NCIS “Crescent City” episodes, and all I can say is….LOL…no way. I’m not subjecting myself to that every week. That was just bad. Wow. They really picked that up? :/. Not that I have the best track record in predicting cancellations, but I will be really surprised if this one survives.

11. Tee says:

This list is making me realize how many talented performers get wasted on terrible ideas.

12. David says:

Willing to sample A to Z, The Astronaut Wives Club, Bad Judge, Battle Creek, Black-ish, The Club, Constantine, Empire, The Flash, Galavant, Gotham, Hieroglyph, How to Get Away With Murder, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Madam Secretary, Marry Me, The McCarthys, The Messengers, Mission Control, Mr. Robinson, Mulaney, One Big Happy, Red Band Society, Secrets & Lies, Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt & The Whispers.

Is Nick Zano playing the gay friend? (Please say yes)

13. amanda says:

Forever sounds like a rehash of New Amsterdam. I’m losing a lot of my comedies this year but none of this pickups sound like appealing replacements. I’ll probably watch Selfie for John Cho but even if turns out to be good it will probably tank because of the name.

• Carla Krae says:

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking since Forever was first mentioned before pick-up. I already liked a show like that – New Amsterdam!

14. Katie says:

I might check out How To Get Away with Murder, since I’m more than a little bit in love with Lisa Weil, and Selfie, because of Karen Gillan.

15. Pam says:

I’ll probably check out How To Get Away With Murder, Secrets and Lies, Gotham, iZombie and The Whispers. Really curious to see the scheduling. How To Get Away With Murder would be a perfect fit with Greys and Scandal if not for the fact that 8pm on thursdays is ABC’s death slot.

16. Lore says:

Backstrom = House
    Constantine? Maybe
    Flash obviously
    Forever = IOAN! Yummy
    Galavant = Glee + Smash + OUAT? IM IN!
    Gotham, hello Ryan, i mean hello Comnissioner
    Hyeroglyph, maybe
    How to get away with murder? yes
    IZombie? Jane the virgin? is CW, at least i’ll watch 2 or 3 episodes
    Agent Carter? hell yeah!
    Muaney, ill give it a chance
    NCIS New Orleans….yes
    Stalker= Maggie Q, im IN

Odd Couple, PLEASE LET IT BE THE ONE FOR MATHEW PERRY, PLEASE!!!

17. Mary says:

So there are 42 new shows and we wonder why there are so many cancellations? Who has time to watch all of these and make any kind of judgement about the premise of the show? In my opinion, less shows, and better ideas would allow for audiences to be more engaged and garner better ratings for the networks. Quality over quantity.

18. GeoDiva says:

How to get away with murder looks interesting. Some of the other mythology-heavy ones look intriguing, but I’m always afraid they will get cancelled too soon. I wish the networks would just do limited series so we all know when it will end and be happy that the rug will not get pulled out from under us.

19. Stephaine says:

want to affiliate physical products, then you’d want to probably work with
    Amazon or. Basically, you can attract traffic by means of online tools like blogs,
    which will improve your marketing offline. SEO is the most prominent tool to drive a huge traffic
    rate, as search engines really give closest attention to well-optimized
    pages.

20. Daya says:

I thought State of Affairs was supposed to include James Remar? Or maybe they’re cutting him like they did with Jack Coleman’s part in Emily Owens, M.D. *sigh*

21. Elle says:

Agent Carter is the only one I am actually excited for out of this list. Everything else is just… more of the same.

22. Big Mike says:

Gotham seems fine. Of the 42 shows i bet at least half are cancelled before they finish their runs.

23. jenna says:

A to Z: after her dynamic performance of HIMYM I can’t wait to see more of cristin milioti
    the club, constantine, hieroglyph: i’m intrigued by the concept
    marry me: loved casey wilson on happy endings, would love to see her succeed on another show
    mulaney: purely because I am a martin short fan
    unbreakable kimmy schmidt: the concept for this show sounds hilarious

24. cjeffery7 says:

Unbreakable Kelly Schmidt is a TERRIBLE name. i’m hoping they change it to something else because I enjoy Ellie Kemper very much.

25. Ally Oop says:

There’s nothing picked up that really excites me. Last year there was The 100, Believe, Reign and The Originals that I really wanted to see. This year there’s maybe only Emerald City, Hieroglyph and Secrets and Lies but none are as good as the previous years top 4.

26. Tran says:

New shows I’m looking forward: State of Affairs and Allegiance (both on NBC). I’m always a sucker for espionage thrillers.

27. Zach says:

Mission Control has Lem and Phil, guys! How awesome is that?

28. Pia says:

Almost all off these are noes for me but the yeses are strong. I will give almost any show with a decent review/trailer a try though and it’s always surprising to see which ones stick.

29. Et al. says:

Wow. The nbc shows are garbage. I hope they have plenty of Dateline specials ready to fill the slots of all of their failed shows.

30. Nice answer back in return of this query with real arguments
    and explaining all regarding that.

31. John says:

Is it just me, or it is actually weird when I read “Stalker” and above that there is Dylan McDermott’s face? :-)

32. Huba Buba says:

Katherine McPhee and Katherine Heigl should get together a both disappear into the thin air.

33. Maryann says:

Shows that I’m very excited about:

The Flash
    Gotham
    Forever
    Agent Carter
    NCIS: New Orleans
    Stalkers

Almost every pilot on my wish list got picked up, so that’s good. The one gaping hole is Supernatural: Bloodlines. That was right up at the top of my list of hoped-for shows. It had almost nothing to do with Supernatural, and far more in common with The Originals. I think if it had been presented without the Supernatural wrapper, it would have been picked up, because Supernatural fans would not have cut it down for having nothing to do with Supernatural. That said, I will decide on other pilots to check out after seeing the trailers.

34. K says:

Any news on the pilots at E! ? I think the royal one was picked up but what about Songbyrd?

35. Amy says:

Omg, selfie sounds horrible. Not only the title but also the description. Curious if that’ll air long. And whats up with all the zombies, aliens and other non human stuff. Getting old. But lets keep it postive, who knows they might turn out to be interesting :)

36. Fernanda says:

I watch the original Red Band Society series from Spain in Catalan language and it was an amazing and moving show about these group of kids dealing with their diseases and personal troubles.

I want to see the american version. i know about Steven Spielberg who watch the original show and buy the rigths for american tv. I hope it will became a big success

37. Ally Oop says:

Shows I wanted that have not yet snagged series orders:
    Old Soul
    Far East Orlando
    Cuz Bros
    Warriors*
    Mason Twins*
    Salvation*
    Cabot College

* shows that will not get picked up because they were passed on

38. Ashley says:

Looking forward to some previews, but I’m not watching any NBC sitcoms as long as “Community” stays cancelled.

39. Forever sounds ALOT like Fox’s New Amsterdam with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau that ran for one season and it was superb…love Iaon Griffud so prob will watch

40. MandaJ says:

Slim pickins’. Some interesting newbies, at least I have a few months to get more excited. Still in mourning from yesterday.

41. Fran says:

I wanna check out Agent Carter, Gotham, iZombie, The Flash, How To Get Away With Murder, Secrets & Lies, Red Band Society, Empire, Selfie, Marry Me.

42. Fabe says:

From NBC I will sample:
    Mission Control – Krysten Ritter is a goddess, & I’m just hoping for Anchorman:The Show.
    Marry Me – I have to support my Happy Endings Family!!
    One Big Happy – See above! Also, do you think Elisha Cuthbert will be doing her Ellen impression if she’s playing a gay character?? I pray she does haha.
    Allegiance – Margarita Levieva was perfection on Revenge, and she has gorgeous hair.
    Odyssey – If done right, this could be legitimately compelling.
    State of Affairs – I liked Katherine Heigl on Grey’s & Roswell; I have nothing against her.
    Bad Judge – I like Kate Walsh
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – I love Ellie Kemper, and I think the title is actually very cute. It’s sort of an homage to The Unsinkable Molly Brown. The fact that Tina Fey is behind the series only makes things better!

43. Fabe says:

ABC – Galavant: Sounds like a pure delight! Alan Menken is doing the songs?? Heck yes!
    CW – iZombie: I’m hoping for a Veronica Mars type vibe
    CW – Messengers: I am a diehard One Tree Hill fan so Shantel Vansanten gets my allegiance.
    Fox – Mulaney: I love Nasim Pedrad from SNL

44. john says:

After reading though the lists of cancellations and this list of upcoming crapfest, I can only conclude that networks execs are drunk, stupid or blind; I would cancel my subscriptions, but they are free and we are still not getting our moneys worth.

We are going to need a list of advertisers from each network so we start organizing boycotts; since that is what the network executives most care about is they money (obviously not the fans), they should pay for the bonehead mistakes.

45. AprilD says:

Galavant, the odd couple, Mulaney. I’ll give Kate Walsh & Katie Heigel’s individual series a try. That’s it. I’m tired of comic book characters too.

46. Tbw gsl says:

What were the networks thinking with shows like Jane the virgin and mysteries of Laura. Sure there are a few good ones but the bad series are taking much of the space. No wander so many cancellations.

47. Diana says:

We wish that FOX TV would have brought back House. It was a great show and seemed so real. However, we will not be watching the teenagers in the Hospital show. It sounds too much like Dougie Houser.

48. Sasha says:

I’m interested in:

Gotham
    How to get away with murder
    (The) Stalkers
    The Flash

Other than that I’d rather watch Broadchurch than see a remake

49. Brandy says:

Only new shows I’m interested in are IZombie and Jane the Virgin.