Fox Cancels Enlisted and 3 More Series

EnlistedMen of Enlisted, you may stand down. (Sniff.)

Fox on Thursday cancelled the military comedy as well as Surviving Jack, Dads and Rake.

The network also decided to pass on the comedy pilots No Place Like Home (formerly known as Here’s Your Damn Family), Fatrick (from Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23‘s  Nahnatchka Khan) and Dead Boss (starring 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski).

TVLine’s 2014 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the cancellations.

The fates of the network’s Sober Companion and Cabot College comedy pilots are still up in the air.

1. Fox had the only comedies I bothered with. I detested Dads but I loved Surviving Jack and Enlisted, and the previously cancelled Raising Hope (which did at least get a good run). Even Brooklyn 99 could make me laugh at times. The other networks comedies are all horrible nasty shows that just aren’t funny.

2. chris says:

Surviving Jack is/was one of the funniest shows on TV! Great cast too. Totally bummed about this news.

3. Melissa C says:

I think I’m going to boycott Fox. Not Surviving Jack! This was the funniest show I’ve seen in a long time. Really, Fox? I hate you right now.

4. Brooke says:

Ah man this sucks. I really loved enlisted & surviving jack. I bet if they would have premiered at the beginning of the fall season instead of mid-season they would have done much better with the ratings.

5. mdbchud says:

Enlisted. HUGE MISTAKE letting it go. HUGE

6. Francine says:

Bummed about Enlisted and Surviving Jack. If it weren’t for Sleppy Hollow I’d be giving up on Fox entirely.

7. Boiler says:

I guess the only good thing about Surviving Jack being cancelled is the actress who plays Magnolia on Hart of Dixie will be back….assuming its renewed

8. Ray says:

Oh no! Fatrick sounded like it had real promise. :(

9. Apples says:

Checked out SJ, Enlisted and Rake. All three were terrible. Not surprised.

10. Laura says:

I loved Enlisted!! One of the only new shows that I watched consistently. It had so much heart while being incredibly funny. This really does hurt for the future of shows when something as great as Enlisted, that was never even given a chance on Fridays, is canceled. Poor decision Fox.

11. Em says:

So disappointed in the cancellation of Surviving Jack. Thought it was awesome. There was a reason why I stopped watching FOX….

12. herman1959 says:

I had heard such great things about Surviving Jack and was looking forward to giving it a try, but I hadn’t gotten around to it. I can’t believe Fox cancelled it so soon – NOW I see why so many people are refusing to give new shows a chance for fear they’ll be cancelled.

13. Joey Padron says:

Sad Enlisted and Surviving Jack got cancelled. Both shows were good.

14. Danish says:

I guess Surviving Jack and Enlisted didn’t have as much sexual innuendo and penis jokes as FOX wanted.
    Ok so maybe Enlisted was slow to pick up, but Jack, along with Growing Up Fisher, is like one of the best new comedies to pop up in ages. I have no idea how they choose which shows to cancel, but after this I can only think its like throwing darts at a board while blindfolded, whichever hits is cancelled.
    I really hope another network sees its potential and picks up the show, its a long shot but one can still hope…

15. Fabe says:

I’m sad Dead Boss didn’t get picked up. I wanted to see Jane Krakowski and Rachel Dratch on my screen!

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

So Rake is definitely cancelled? I was just reading on EW that Fox had no comment if it was cancelled or not.

17. eviloverlore says:

I didn’t watch ABC for 4 years after “Sports Night” was jerked around as hard as it was. “Lost” finally made me drop the boycott, and “Lost” was extraordinary. When I say I’m not going to watch anything new on Fox because of how it treated “Enlisted”, I mean it. We’ll finish out the couple of shows left on Fox that we do watch, we’re not going to punish ourselves, and no new shows, period. I can’t imagine Fox having enough taste to put on something extraordinary again.

18. jr. says:

Too bad. I enjoy Enlisted. I have rewatched their episodes several times over on demand!

19. Mandy says:

Very sad about Surviving Jack. One of the funniest, most consistent shows out there.
    Loved the boys of Enlisted, but they could all do better than that show. Looks forward to seeing their next projects!

20. Megan says:

So done with Fox!! They never give their shows a fighting chance. Enlisted, Rake, and Surviving Jack had such great potential. I bet these shows would still be alive if they were on a different network.

21. Kalee says:

They passed on Jenna Maroney?

22. Diz says:

I liked Surviving Jack and Rake.

23. bA28 says:

Good riddance..now bring back Raising Hope!

24. Gina says:

We really like Surviving Jack! Please Fox, read these posts and realize that it is a great show that should have more of a chance before cancellation! There is so much unfunny garbage on TV! Put it on after Brooklyn 99 and you’ll have a winner night!

25. Peter says:

Keith David cannot catch a break. Can we just cast him in a show guaranteed to get a second season already?

26. JB Smooove says:

enlisted, eh. surviving jack, sonofabbbbbbbbbbblank. that was really good and i just binge watched the first 5 episodes.

27. rk535 says:

So heartbroken about Enlisted! :(

28. Nichole says:

Like most of the 120+ comments on here so far, I am really disappointed that Surviving Jack has been cancelled. It seemed to be getting some pretty good ratings, was very funny and Christopher Meloni in a comedy roll was a real revelation. Here’s hoping that TBS continues it’s save Bill Lawrence theme and picks it up like it did with Cougar Town!!!

29. Cory says:

I’m really sad for Enlisted but the FOX bashing is a bit ridiculous… Yes they make mistakes but no honest person can even begin to say that they are a fraction as bad as they were 6 or 7 years ago, at least they’ve been getting into the habit of airing all the episodes of a show when it’s obvious it will get canceled. So many favorite FOX shows of mine from years ago would get pulled with over 5 episodes left in the can, Enlisted has unaired episodes but that’s becoming a rarity.

My only complaint against FOX right now other than them passing on those pilots is, they’re heavily experimenting with shorter episode orders and want year round programming, why not just renew these for one more round of maybe 8 episodes and order 8 to 10 episodes of those pilots… And then the more successful ones order a longer second season. It would give more shows a better chance of proving their worth IMO.

30. jim says:

Dads was o funny but leave it to FOX the screw things up. Dumbasses. Loved looking at Brenda Songs gams (legs)..FOX I have a four letter word for you….

31. Elyse says:

I knew it was coming but I’m still sad about Enlisted and Surviving Jack :( :( :(

32. SherryB says:

Liked seeing Chris Meloni in a comedic role after so many years on SVU.. But the show was not that good overall..Not surprised it didn’t make it…

33. Betty says:

So, so sad to lose Enlisted. I’m not surprised, but am sad. Fox didn’t handle the show in the right way. I was going to catch up on Surviving Jack this summer, but why bother now.

34. Kat says:

Fox, you’re fired. I will never watch another show on your network. I loved all the shows cancelled. I won’t waste my precious time watching anything Fox carries again. It will only end up being dumped after a few episodes!!!!

35. Jonathan says:

Put me down as another lover of Surviving Jack. Fox really dropped the ball on that, didn’t give it enough of a chance. Meloni is so great on that show (as is Rachael Harris).

36. mycatmidnite says:

So upset about Surviving Jack….is one of the funniest shows on tv…they really didn’t give it a chance at all!!!

37. Danj says:

best news ever

38. Kyla Minx says:

That sucks! My boyfriend and I really liked Enlisted (it’s shame they showed the episodes out of order) and were really getting into Surviving Jack…. They should have given them another chance next season and put them on the same night.

39. Gerald says:

Hey TBS, Netflix I hear there is an awesome show that FOX dropped called Enlisted, did you want to pick it up.

40. betty says:

really enjoying surviving jack not on long enough to be cancelled already. Have to admit though I usually recorded it for later viewing due to scheduling conflicts.1/2 hr showing thrown in the mist of other established shows not great timing. To be fair to new shows they ought to be shown in the most advantageous time/day slots to give them a chance to be seen by a good size of the viewing population and let the viewers decide on the merits of the show before cancelling the show.

41. Brandy says:

Enlisted was so awesome and I agree about it never being a chance. Playing the episodes out of order and burying it on Friday night was a terrible decision. I feel that if they gave it one season on Tuesday night that it would have picked up a lot of viewers.

42. Mariska Braff says:

Surviving Jack is great. Chris Meloni is great. Bill Lawrence is great. Fox execs are not great.

43. Rae Ann says:

Fox is no longer worth watching. Every time find a show I love on Fox, they cancel it!!!! What’s the point.

44. lauren says:

Surviving Jack was great! The perfect role for Christopher Meloni. He really made the show. Maybe if we complain enough Fox will smarten up or another network could pick it up?

45. amy says:

Seriously why cancel a great show surving jack awesome show just needs more adds about it on tv so ppl watch it thays why shows get canceled bc not enough appetizing about them

46. Dragonfly says:

After Almost Human – I am not really surprised

47. Jen says:

So clearly I’m in the minority here, but I loved Rake. And given they didn’t promote it and moved it around – how could it find an audience? Lame.

48. BobB says:

What is wrong with FOX? Surviving Jack is the best comedy that has come through in years. The show didn’t even get a chance…FOX finally gets a show that is laugh out loud funny and they send it off…this one needs to get picked up, given a good slot, and allowed to grow. Chris Meloni is awesome! The same thing happened to Freaks and Geeks (a fantastic show, critically acclaimed, and cancelled after one season. What is wrong with the Networks. There are so many crap shows on TV that get chance after chance, year after year….crap and more crap. Thankfully there are still good writers who can keep me entertained in lieu of the regular crap on tv. Just look at what FOX has for a line-up: GLEE, Hell’s Kitchen, the Mindy Project…How about watching an episode of a funny show like Surviving Jack instead of watching numbers because of the crap positioning that you have given this great show! When will good shows be allowed to stay on the networks?

49. Ty says:

So sad to see Fox cancel “serving jack”. Well written; witty and funny. Now just bad comedies to watch or change the channel

50. Toni Pierce says:

WHEN SURVIVING JSCK IS GONE CAN’T SEE CHRIS MELONI ANY MORE SO NO NEED TO WATCH FOX ANY MORE SO HAVE TO GO BACK TO RERUNS OF SVU.TOO BAD FOX, IT WAS A GOOD SHOW.YOU MAY NOTICE FOX SEEMS TO NEVER GET IT RIGHT.