Fall TV Scoop: NBC Orders to Series Marry Me Comedy From Happy Endings Creator

Fall TV Schedule Marry Me NBCNBC has ordered to series the comedy Marry Me, starring Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) and Ken Marino (Childrens Hospital), for the 2014-15 season, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All of the New Shows

Created by David Caspe (Happy Endings), Marry Me stars Wilson and Marino as a young couple who get engaged and quickly realize it’s harder than it looks. The cast also includes John Gemberling (Super Fun Night), Tim Meadows (SNL), Tymberlee Hill (Drunk History) and guest star Dan Bucatinsky (Scandal).

Caspe will serve as an executive producer alongside director Seth Gordon (The Goldbergs) and Jamie Tarses.

1. Coal says:

It won’t last unfortunately with NBC’s record in the past and current season.

• eddie says:

i love parks and rec but if NBC wants to succeed on Thursdays they have to keep it away from that lineup. I think nbc should move their Tuesday comedies (about a boy, Fischer) to Thursdays at 8:00 and then two all new comedies with potential at 9:00. also keep comedies on Tuesdays cuz fox is doing crappy and abc might give up.

• Zach says:

Here’s the thing: lots of those shows, NBC couldn’t have cared less about. They only picked up Welcome to the Family (which I actually liked) because of a deal with Sony, so they could get The Blacklist. NBC is “mad about” Marry Me (they want it to be the next Mad About You).

2. imissdonuts says:

Oh man, I’ll all over anything starring Ken Marino. Bonus points for Casey Wilson and David Caspe! I hope the show gets a fighting chance.

3. Phris says:

Thank god. This was literally the only pilot I cared about this season. Even if it’s only half is good as Happy Endings, that would still make it amazing.

4. Marcinho11 says:

that plot is pretty boring. it won’t last.

5. Ram510 says:

I always said Happy Endings would do better on NBC m, I guess now we’ll get to test that theory

6. Alice says:

Aw, Vinnie Van Lowe finds love at last.

7. Fabe says:

Now let’s hope Elisha Cuthbert’s comedy get’s picked up, even though it sounds boring. I don’t care, I just need her on my screen again! Maybe they could do crossovers with Marry Me!

8. Tom says:

Casey Wilson. Check. Ken Marino. Check. David Caspe. Check. NBC. Ehhhhhhhh.

Love everyone involved. I am rooting for this show to work but I can’t trust nbc until they move comedies away from the Big Bang brawl of Thursdays. Must see TV is dead. Now let’s get some good dramas on Thursdays to counter program against cbs and move the comedies to a different night.

9. david says:

when do we get to see trailers for all of these new shows?

10. Ally Oop says:

I doubt this show will catch on.

11. Joey Padron says:

Happy Ken and Casey’s new show got pickup. Big fans of both of them. Can’t wait to see trailer next week.

12. Eric says:

Yes! I was hoping this would be picked up. I love everyone involved. I’m hoping for a comedy lineup of Community, Parks and Rec, About A Boy and Marry Me.

13. Allen says:

Anything that puts Casey Wilson back on TV is a good thing!

14. Ezzy says:

Stupid premise.

15. Diz says:

The look on that guys face makes me not want to tune in.

16. Lisa says:

Love Ken Marino – both as Vinnie Van Lowe (his kickstarter video in character as Vinnie is priceless) and as Mark Orlando inept firefighter/bachelor from Burning Love -

17. Lisa says:

Will you accept this hose?

18. If this is anything similar to Happy Endings, then I’d be very happy. I need something to fill that void in my life. And the chances are the wedding plot will gradually evolve into an ensemble comedy about a group of friends anyway