Grey's Anatomy Says Farewell to Sandra Oh: Relive Cristina and Mer's Best Moments

Nothing ushers a longtime character off into the sunset like a good, old-fashioned retrospective video, and Grey’s Anatomy has whipped up an emotional one in honor of Sandra Oh’s exiting alter-ego Cristina.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Contract Update: 4 More Actors Sign New Long-Term Deals

The following highlight reel focuses specifically on the relationship between Yang and her soulmate-slash-official-Person, Meredith.

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: What is your favorite Cristina-Mer moment from the past decade? (And FYI: Oh’s Grey’s Anatomy swan song airs Thursday, May 15.)

Loading video...

1. Tom says:

That was the nicest send off she could have been given, I hope that her an Meredith get a good goodbye in the final episode, something that is just as good as this

• John Erickson says:

I hope that they are the final scene. Just Meredith and Christina. This video kills me.

• abz says:

Definitely!! They have to be the final scene. If it it’s between Cristina and Owen, I’m gonna be shouting at my TV in anger.

2. Cris says:

Damn it it’s too early for me to be crying at 6 in the morning. Cristina and Meredith’s friendship will always be my top favorite among all the shows I watch and it’s still hard for me to accept that I won’t see them together every Thursday night. I feel like I’m breaking up with my significant other lol. They’re my person and I know for sure I’ll have my tissues ready for the finale.

3. Carla says:

All the feels… :'(

4. Katie says:

I was just watching the season 5 finale the other day, which is when MerDer are going to get married, but end up doing the Post-It wedding instead. There was a sweet scene earlier in the episode where Cristina gives Mere a bunch of things to represent “old, new, borrowed and blue” for the wedding, including the actual pad of post-its that they use in the post-it ceremony, which I really loved. Definitely one of my fave Mere/Cristina scenes.

5. Cortney says:

This video actually breaks my heart.. I am not ready to say goodbye!

6. chaouad says:

NO NO NO this is going to be so difficult ;( !!!

7. Emma says:

I just watched this in work….big mistake. Now trying to causally exit the office without the tears being noticed. It’s too difficult to choose a favorite Cristina and Meredith moment, there are just too many, it would be unfair to rank them. It’s going to be so hard to say goodbye. Stocking up on the tissues already. How are Meredith and Owen going to cope with her gone.

• Ninna says:

Owen quickly will find another love of his life showing how big, ‘cosmic’ and unique was his ‘love’ for her. Mer as Cristina’s true person will have a harsher time

8. Mary says:

ABC could probably do a full hour of that before the finale episode. Would be great.

9. susan says:

How great that Owen is mentioned too in that promo.sarcasm.its a disgrace the man who loved her so much is barely mentioned. I am so so sad. Mckidd and Ohs Performance deserved the same respect. Its been six years.

• KSM says:

I am sure they will get their due as well, but the main relationship in the show has ALWAYS been Meredith and Christina. It would be wrong to neglect that.

• Jessica says:

Oh, relax. Meredith and Cristina were THE couple of the show for 10 seasons, since the pilot, they deserve all the attention and all the love.
      Owen and Cristina were mostly apart and depressed than together.

• abz says:

Mer/Cristina’s relationship on the show is FAR superior to that of Cristina/Owen’s. I could care less about Crowen. They’re over and done and have no more of a future together. The finale IMO should be about Mer/Crisitna and the journeys they’ve been through together over 10 seasons and the strong friendship built. It should be about them and only them.

• Ninna says:

The man who loved her so much? who? when did that happen? Now we call it love?

• susan says:

I am so so sad you dont have anyone in your life to argue with and use this platform to vent abt hunt. IMHO he loves her. And you have to accept that. Just like i made peace with your everlasting owen hate. Lol

• Ninna says:

Oh no, not true, I have you listening me, obviously. And I’m grateful for the airtime you’re giving me.

Don’t let my ability to see things as they are affect your canine devotion for Owen, please. You must be quite desperate in your life to yearn for a man just like that one. What a loneliness.
          Thank you for coming and chastise me for voicing my own opinion, after all only you have that right.

• Susan says:

i am the only one here who talks to you……it is ok you despise him. i dont think he gives a crap if you do. lol. neither do i. and yes. i am very very very desperate for owen. he is a dream come true. i like cheating abusive men.

10. NMS says:

SERIOUSLY?! Seriously. I started to cry watching this..this season finale is going to be tough to watch.

11. Eric7740 says:

OMG!!! I’m going to be a crying mess!!!

12. thatgirlp says:

OMG…that was beautiful! We watched that FRIENDSHIP grow over the years and it is indeed really, really special…BEST TV COUPLE!

13. Coal says:

And then there will be 2. Remember when Izzie “stole” Danny a heart and all the interns got dragged into it ? When Yang wasbeing interrogated by the then Chief Webber, it was classic. Got times man.

14. Liz says:

Crying…

15. Cindy says:

Note to Self: Must remember to remove eye makeup before watching the Season Finale/Farewell episode next week. (Too bad I couldn’t do that before I watched this one…)

16. Winter Downs says:

I just wish it wasn’t HIM coming back for her! Really? Pompous ass……..7 years later he comes back for her? I will be working……Thank God!

• Shaun says:

uh,Burke doesn’t want her,lol

• abz says:

He didn’t come back FOR her. He wanted her to take over for him so he can move away and go on with his life with his family.

• jen says:

did you watch the burke episode? He didn’t ‘come back’ at all, she (unknowingly) went to see him and as mentioned it a job offer. They won’t even be in the same country!

17. Sammantha McDonald says:

My favorite moment? “Thank you for not dying!” It’s going to be tough to say good-bye.

18. Avery says:

I never really felt their frienship as an Epic thing, their interaction wasn’t the reason I watched the show. But I will definetly miss her early love story with Owen.

19. Carrie says:

Seriously. Praying that the incomparable Sandra Oh decides to make some guest appearances next season. The Mer/Christina friendship is the heart of this show and a couple of visits is not asking too much, is it?

20. Mary says:

Warning do not watch at work. Glad everyone went to lunch – going to be tough to get through the next couple of shows.

21. LauraKM says:

Crap crap crap. I heart Sandra Oh so much, I love the character, she’s handling it with class, the show is handling it with class but dang, I’m going to miss her SO MUCH and it’s becoming painfully clear what I WON’T see every week!!! *sniff*

22. Nella says:

“I love you Christina Yang…”- Mer
    “I’m gonna hug you now “- Christina
    #AlreadyMissingChristina

23. Tia says:

This is heartbreaking, but so beautiful.. Best TV friendship on television :)

24. Tia says:

BTW, TVline wish you did an interview with Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh together.

25. Jo says:

I don’t get the Owen love. Dude is a terrible person. A seriously, thoroughly terrible, abusive person. I love McKidd, but whenever they announce an upcoming series regular death on Grey’s, I cross all fingers and toes and pray to the TV Gods that it’s Owen. Who likes this guy?

• Rose says:

In a therapy session with Cristina, he said that she would change her mind and regret getting an abortion and, “No one doesn’t want kids!”. He seriously wanted her to take a few years off from her career to have babies!

Burke left her because he knew that he would want the same from her.

So who loved her more?

• Jo says:

Apples and oranges, and I don’t really care who loved her more. Burke was an asshole, but he knew it and didn’t care. I didn’t like him with her either, but at least he wasn’t an abusive asshole. Girl can do better than these two.

• susan says:

I beg to differ. In SF7 he said he wd take leave to watch the baby and there wd be ways to NOT derail her carreer. The way i see it is that it was Owen who offered to stay at home so she cd pursue her carreer. But whatever. Ppl are being unfair. Nothing wrong abt wanting kids. And it was not a hypothetical baby they were talking abt. I think if C wasnt preggers it wd have gone differently. But saying O did not love her is not true. He cd have had all of this with Emma. But ppl dont get he wanted this life with C.

• O-Town says:

Post Traumatic Syndrome. He had PTSD when he came back from the war. So what abuse he did directly stemmed from that. He’s gotten the help he needed and was better treating his love and relationship with Cristina. I liked him. Burke, on the other hand, was just a turd and he didn’t have emotional and psychological scarring from a war. That was just the way he was. For getting it on with a student, how is that not a little creepy. Don’t bring in the Meredith and Derek relationship because Meredith wasn’t studying neuro.

• Ninna says:

You know that Cristina was Hunt’s pupil either , don’t you? That’s less creepy because it was Owen getting it on with a student? They were both turds, but at least Burke understood her, thing that Owen never did because it was all about him. Burke had the decency of leaving her before abuses took place and in order to not deform her into something she didn’t want to satisfy his own wants like Owen did. Owen tried to steal her soul and didn’t see nothing wrong with it, When she didn’t allow it, he cheated on her. What a catch this Owen showed to be! So glad she’s choosing herself over him. Run Cristina, run!

• Coal says:

At that time they were all the Attending’s students whether or not they had chosen a speciality yet and Meredith was interested in Neuro until that whole debacle with the Alzheimer’s trial with Shepard and Webber’s wife.

26. sladewilson says:

I really want to believe when Ellen leaves that Sandra will walk her off. It’s the only acceptable outcome. That was a beautiful and touching tribute to their way-more-than-friendship…

27. Pattie says:

And now I’m trying not to cry. I think the Meredith/Cristina scenes that most affected me were the PTSD scene on the OR floor and the wedding dress scene after Cristina and Burke’s non-wedding. I’m really going to miss Meredith and Cristina’s on-screen relationship.

28. Rose says:

They should have included that flash-forward scene of Mer and Cris old and living together. It was dinner time. Mer was slicing a roast chicken and complaining that Cris was eating cereal out of the box when Mer had bought a chicken. Then Cris criticized the way that Mer was cutting the chicken.

29. N says:

Seriously will miss their “You’re my person” and “Dance it out”. Bah…

30. abz says:

Too many feels. It’s crazy how much I am going to be missing a TV character. :'(

31. Rich Abey says:

Why..why make us cry! All those great Grey’s feels bubbling to the surface…Damn it.

32. Ninna says:

So beautiful Cristina acknowledging Mer is her person. For a moment in S8 she considered to give the McCheater that position in her life. Thankfully she reconsidered and said plain that Mer is the nº one.

33. Cheli says:

Favourite tv besties ever. Gonna miss their dynamic and Christina as a character on the show.

34. Willow says:

IMO this relationship was the anchor of this show, and their friendship was like a marriage that lasted for years. As much as I love this show, some of the relationships are like a revolving bed of some really lame story lines, but you could always count on their true friendship to be always there when needed. I am truly sad and hope for really creative writing to compensate for this huge gap her character is going to create.

35. Marlene Fabian says:

What is the name of the song on the video ?

36. susan says:

Cristina wasnt studying trauma so she was not his student. Who cares who got it on with who? Seriously this is funny. The show lives from who did it with who. Lmao

• Ninna says:

All attendings are teachers independently of specialty the residents end choosing. It’s a 5 year general surgery program where all of them have to teach independently if they prefer a teacher over the others. Owen was shown teaching Cristina many, many times over the years because he was her teacher too. Like Teddy, Baily, Webber, etc Then, in fellowship students have to choose a professor of specialty. Russel was Cristina’s. But even there we can’t discard that Hunt was her hierarchical superior, her chief. Thus, very unethical of him or Burke, lets say it.

• susan says:

Well then all of them are unethical. Alex. Derek. Bailey.jackson. and so on. And of course C. For sleeping with Shane. I really like hunt. One of my favs after bailey. But its ok if you despise him. I can live with that. And good for you C chose herself. Just like Dr. Campbell once said: i was a godess in the OR. What will you have when you cant operate no more? I find it sad that C ended up all alone in a foreign country. My vision of happy ending is different. But again. Thats my view.

• Ninna says:

What will Cristina have in 30 years when Owen leave her for a 30 y o blond and sh*ts in the family he so much wanted, after she giving up her professional dreams to raise a family she didn’t want in the first place. It must ocurred to you that this guy is everything but reliable, right? It’s a very high possibility. Did you see what he did to Emma didn’t you? That guy cheated on every single woman in his life. None of them escaped to the treatment. Even poor Emma. My vision of a happy ending for Cristina is definitely not that guy. Nor should be any healthy, grown-up woman’s but to each, her own. She will find someone worthy and truly honorable, not that facade of a man. Now I’m awaiting to see what’s the next victim he will choose to cheat on and bend to his ways.

37. dax says:

Why oh Why oh why? :( :( :(
    Matt, can you please tell Sandra that as her loyal fan we appreciate that she has given us 10 years of Cristina’s awesomeness but do make her say that she will be game to pop up every now and then as a guest star in upcoming seasons? PLEASE!!

• dax says:

Ausseilo, you too! (just read that you posted this article yourself)

• Goldie says:

Sandra Oh has already said that she hopes Cristina doesn’t die because she’d love to come back for guest appearances like Addison.

38. LaLa says:

Favorite Meredith/Cristina scene: Mer cutting Cristina outta that wedding dress, which was included in this reel. In fact, that whole scene is one of my top two of all for GA.

Dammit, where are the Kleenex?

39. susan says:

Owen was “abusive” due to his PTSD.which is a serious desease. My friends hubby has it. So i find it quite inappropriate to accuse Hunt of being an abusive man. He isnt. He was ill and he looked for help to not endanger the ppl around him. So many ppl hate hunt. Though he didnt do anything other characters didnt on GA. And C loves him. You seem to forget that. More than Burke. These are her words. Also that she wanted to try again. Owen let her go. She came back. Her leaving now is only bc Oh is leaving. Good for haters. Lol

• Ninna says:

PTSD is not abuse. Sadly, when we say he was an abusive prick, those abuses weren’t so much PTSD related. Was the entire relationship, after he became whole, that shockingly showed how abusive he was. Those PTSD related behaviors it’s called illness, not abuse. (Those episodes are totaly excusable except when he refused to go to therapy and refused to talk to Cristina about it and aknownledge he needed therapy, even after he almost choke her to death). And that is what makes it worst. He was abusive not due to an illness but due to his character (or lack of it toward his wife). So, no PTSD was not the justification but rather his personality.

40. Susan says:

there is a huge difference in voicing your opinion and being unfair.

41. Danielle H. says:

THE FEELS.. Grey’s makes me cry at least every other episode because Shonda just has a way of tugging on the heart with how she lays things out… the finale could make me bawl like a 2 yr old who had his candy stolen.

42. Donna says:

There were so many great scenes between Christina and Meredith (the Twisted Sisters)! I will miss that dynamic tremendously but am wondering who will be the next close Meredith gal pal, the new secret sister or Amy.

43. yep says:

cristina is my favourite character ! if she’s out i’m out. i just can’t bear the pain! dear shonda please don’t kill my passion for this series! it’s my favourite one! :((((((((((((