Glee Season 5 Finale First Look: Look Who's Involved in 'The Rachel Berry Project'!

Is Glee‘s Season 5 finale giving us a sneak peek at what to expect in Season 6?

In the following first-look images from next Tuesday’s capper, “The Rachel Berry Project” (May 13, 8/7c on Fox), Rachel meets with a famous TV writer (Kristen Schaal of 30 Rock and Flight of the Conchords fame), Kurt and Blaine share some tender moments and everybody — well, almost everybody — winds up dancing in the streets.

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

Plus, there’s another Darren Criss-Shirley MacLaine duet and Mercedes standing at the precipice of stardom.

Click through the pics below, then share your hopes for the Season 5 finale — and the outlook for Season 6!

1. Sam says:

“Plus, there’s another Darren Criss-Shirley MacLaine duet” Time to pull out the puke bucket.

• Shazay says:

Ugh! Agreed 100%! Why are they forcing that nonsense, it’s so hard to watch.
      So I’m hoping the Brittany and Blaine bed scene is just a dream…..that would be too difficult to comprehend unless it’s a fantasy sequence.

• rini says:

yeah, why must that happen? Ryan Murphy said in his tweet that it must be a dream sequence. Why are all Glee original writers (not including Chris Colfer coz he’s not the original glee writer) have to think only of dream sequences and fantasy?
        Just let Chris write more episodes please..

2. Rook says:

I’m sad that Santana and Britney won’t have any scenes together. For me that would have been one of the best parts of the finale.

3. Fernanda says:

Picture number 9… :)

4. S says:

No Naya/Santana, no care. I love Heather but it makes no sense for Brittany to be there while Santana is mysteriously missing. Then again, it’s asking too much of Glee to write coherent stories.

• David says:

ikr Brittany without Santana?
      This show was on the crooked road to wtf before Cory Monteith and then took the omfg train after…

Sad but true.

• David says:

edit: “before he died”

• Patrick says:

Yep. I know he wasn’t the best singer or dancer on the show. But he was a very understated and nuanced actor. He was the center of the show. Not the star, but the steading force that kept the show on an even keel.

• Alice says:

Heather can hold a storyline all by herself. She did a whole season with Santana.

5. mg714 says:

It will be a little strange to have Britney but no Santana. And I definitely could do without Shirley MacLaine. She’s of course a legendary actress but she doesn’t fit in the Glee world.

6. Steven says:

This show is still on?

7. Coal says:

I love seeing Heather Morris dance, she has that “watch me factor” when she is dancing.

8. dcl33 says:

It’s amazing how much I dont care about 5×19 and 5×20. Both episodes look boring as hell. And yeah yeah Colfer wrote 5×19, but the preview still looked boring as hell. One episode is all about Kurt, old people and dogs, the other all about Blaine and Rachel. How exciting! -_-

9. K says:

No more Blee please.

• Jase says:

You Klaine/Blaine/Darren Criss haters have the same predictable lines every week. Why don’t you just number your hate-filled comments so you can just post “Number 2!” or “Number 8!” instead. It would save everyone a lot of time.

• Abrianna says:

I kind of feel bad for Darren to me it seems like they want to make his charecter seem sleazy and a really bad person. And im sure Colfer has alot of input on some writing. I dont think they should portray him like that.It’s really sad and thats why i most likely wont watch anymore. really sad how the writers dont really care about the fans.

10. Joey says:

Picture 6 sure looks like Naya Rivera to me.

• mc says:

Yeah isn’t she the one wearing a purple top? Or violet? Idk

• Tamara says:

I looked back after your comment and it could be her… but then again, the outfit is so not Santana. Naya would’ve probably insisted on a cleavage bearing, teeny tiny skintight dress so on second thoughts it’s probably not her lol.

11. Liz Sattler says:

I’m not sure what Blaine and Kurt are arguing about in the next and last episode sneak peek but whatever it
    Was about it might be the last of them being an
    Engaged to each other because it sounded like
    Kurt was saying something about Blaine had
    Lied to him or something and to look back
    On it to me it did sound like Kurt was
    Saying that to Blaine so goodbye klane

• Amee says:

Not really. They said that in this episode, everything should end just fine with every character. It’s about Blaine’s promise to Kurt to join the performance with June. He lied because he didn’t want to hurt Kurt but it obviously explode. They won’t break up just because of an old lady who said ”career before love”. Blaine is not stupid. He will go to another path if it means that he has to choose his career over Kurt. Plus, next year, it’s a time jump. I doubt they will be on the rocks about this storyline for a year or more.

12. Susan says:

episode 19 was excellent.

13. Oh no, not Kristen Schaal - anyone seen her work on 30 Rock ? Run. says:

… and nail in coffin. “Kristen Schaal of 30 Rock” guests on Glee – will she be in S6? What will the feature song be with her arrival? Britney Spears ‘Toxic’?

14. Susan says:

everybody get it out now. no show or anything for that matter appeals to everyone 100 per cent all the time. glee is glee without Cory. new endgame. However, every week i wait for my favorite show. It’s like having a bit of Broadway !! A bit of friends !! @a whole lot of happy rolled into one. .. @ next year it all ends. i am sad. That’s why i G_d gave us reruns and dvds.

• Alice says:

Good post. I’m the same way, there is usually enough in every episode to make me happy I watched – even if it’s just the music, I love to hear Lea Michele sing as well as Amber. I will be sad to see it end, but the saddest part already happened when Cory died.

15. Definitely excited about the Sam and Mercedes portions of this episode although they were barely touched on. I don’t need to see Rachel have something else handed to her. Her character has not changed since S1 so no interest there. Blaine and June well that is some time they could have spent on the original cast. Hopefully, this episode will be good. I hope they all have their happy ending and GLEE doesn’t feel the need to overdo it with unnecessary drama. One happy finale would be something “explosive” for GLEE since they always have to leave it on a Rachel cliffhanger which never is really one because anyone who has ever watched the show knows Rachel always get handed her dream rather she has earned it or not. Let Artie have whatever he needs to progress as well, They really under utilized him (maybe due to the film he was working on). So yes,I wish Sam and Mercedes, Kurt and Blaine and Brittany and Artie have a better closing than what past season finales have delivered or offered!

• Alice says:

I do not agree with Rachel getting handed everything rather she earned it or not. No one worked harder at a dream than Rachel who had the added pressure of classmates trying to pull her down. Part of why I loved this show was watching her continue to fight for that dream. In spite of everything, she never quit.

16. Gunny says:

We’ll see what Ryan Murrphy is made of in Season 6. Will it be all hands on deck to make it a great season, or will he give up and just let it slide out? I feel sorry for the cast who have stuck with it, working very hard to entertain everyone, but can’t influence the outcome. But, I don’t think another poor season will hurt any of them and their careers. Their talents are well known now.