Ratings: Dixie and Five-0 Dip, Unforgettable, Shark Tank and Grimm Rise, Hannibal Flat

Together AgainThe CW’s bubble drama Hart of Dixie this Friday drew 660,000 total viewers and a 0.2 demo rating (per finals), falling 10 percent in audience and losing a precious tenth in the demo week-to-week.

Opening the network’s night, Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1.2 mil/0.4) itself was down 20 percent and a tenth.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Unforgettable (7.6 mil/1.0) rose a tenth, Hawaii Five-0 (8.7 mil/1.2) slipped a tenth and Blue Bloods (11.4 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth.

FOX | This week’s Kitchen Nightmares double-header averaged 2.5 mil and a 0.85 rating, down 16 percent and more than two tenths.

NBC | Folding in adjustments due to a NBA preemption in Portland, Grimm (4.9 mil/1.3) inched up a tenth while Hannibal (2.3 mil/0.9) was flat.

ABC | Shark Tank‘s fresh 9 o’clock outing did 8.1 mil (its third-largest audience ever) and a 2.3, up 28 percent to hit a season high demo. (The lead-off special drew 5.3 mil/1.0.)

1. Elyse says:

HOD :( noooooo!

2. ChicagoDan says:

Was NBC pre-empted in Portland for basketball again?

3. Patrick Maloney says:

I’m happy whenever Hannibal gains

• ... says:

It was preempted in Portland for basketball coverage, so it might end up being adjusted down.

• Patrick Maloney says:

You’re saying that people who were watching the minutes of the game that went into Hannibal’s time slot was counted as viewing Hannibal?

• S says:

Yes, I think it’s because the viewers are counted according to the time, not what people were actually watching.

4. ... says:

So, Zade shippers, what’s up? I thought the reason Hart wasn’t doing so well this season was because you guys vowed to stop watching until they got rid of Joel. He’s been gone for four episodes, so where’s everybody at?

• Kristen says:

I think they took too long writing out Joel and Vivian. Many zade shippers held out to the midseason and seeing no signs of zade left for good. Zoe was with Joel much longer than she was ever with wade. The shippers probably don’t even know Joel and Vivan are finally gone, and even if they did may have lost interest and moved on for good. I am still hoping it gets renewed, but it may be too late to turn this around.

• Autumn says:

I loved Joel (don’t get the hate there other than it MUST have to do with shipping or something) but personally stopped watching when George and Lemon started again and haven’t tuned in for two weeks now. Completely undoes the point of season 1 IMO and that irks me. I love Lemon and I love George but together is one contrived mess. Lemon doesn’t deserve to be with the man who fell in love with someone else as if the other woman was his soul mate and George doesn’t deserve that either. I personally always liked either the Lemon/Lavon dynamic or even Lemon/Wade (maybe not romantic but their banter was always fabulous and entertaining). But at least Wade and Zoe fans are getting what they want?? I liked them before the show switched gears into just Wade and Zoe ending up together without truly following through with George first (felt more like fan service than anything else). Good to see all the loyal fans tuned in though….

• Fogh says:

It’s not hate towards the character. It was the complete restructuring of the show that was the problem. They focuses WAY too much on Joel which meant that fan favorites Wade and George were sidelined to supporting characters only there to move ZJ forward or interact with guest stars. It didn’t help that ZJ was boring to watch. Sweet is fine to watch sometimes but not ALL the time. There was no drama, no conflict, no passion, no tension, no real emotions between them. Well expect for 316 which just made the whole fan base roll it’s eyes because up until that point they were acting like close siblings. No one believed they were actually in love (love yes, not in love) and the whole MOTY was just a slap in the face to the fan base.

• Radha says:

It wasn’t FAN SERVICE. Zoe was boring with George. She pops with Wade. The writers made the clear choice. Two people who have all the same interests and are pretty much the same person–except for gender–may be fine in real life, but on a tv show, it is boring. That is why the writers never went there with her and George.

And this is from a girl who actually liked Joel as well, but he was on too long. Every episode revolved around JOEL. So, no it has nothing to do with shipping. I started to want Joel gone when the show stopped revolving around the characters I had fallen in love with (ex: Our main cast) and started only revolving around Joel, Lynly, and everyone else who is only guest starring.

• Mary says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I definitely stopped watching even though it’s on my dvr. Linley almost drove me to stop watching and while Joel wasn’t so bad, he just didn’t fit in with the main cast. And I just never bought the Vivian thing – I didn’t even know that she’s been gone! They spent entirely too much time with these “guest” characters that old faithfuls like myself just lost interest basically.

• Caro says:

Speak for yourself but I never found Zoe and George boring and I think the show should have given them a chance! How can you get behind a couple like Zoe and Wade when you KNOW they would NEVER be a couple in real life? Plus, all Zoe and Wade ever did was snipe at each other and have sex…talk about a one dimensional and non-romantic relationship!

• Fogh says:

Yes, we all know people watch TV shows because it is realistic and reminds them of the own life…

People are drawn to the “opposite attracts” and “reformed multilayered bad boy with flaws and a heart of gold” not a “flawless golden boy type” when it comes to TV shows.

The fact is that the writers screwed up in the latter part of season 2. Had they done it differently ZG could have had a chance in season 3. Instead they replaced George with Joel. Blame the writers for that, not putting ZW back together because everyone with an IQ over 80 could have predicted that with the way they broke up and the season 2 finale.

If the writers hadn’t trown Wade under the bus again and again and again while leaving Golden Boy untarnished and had they not had Zoe run to George after ZW broke up instead of dealing with what they did to Wade then I think people would have tolerated a ZG relationship. Had they gone with ZG after Wade’s ILY then ZW would have been done in the eyes of the fans and the show would have been lucky to get 0.2’s in season 3.

• Radha says:

First off, Caro, are you an all knowing entity? How do YOU know that a couple like Zoe and Wade would never be a couple in real life? Do all your married and dating friends act just like Zoe and George? Because if mine were all like that, if they never fought and just were 100% in sync 24/7, I would know then that we had crossed over into some bizarro world. Real life isn’t about couples who never fight and lack passion either, so I can’t understand how you feel that only couples like George and Zoe have the potential to last while couples like Zoe and Wade don’t. You simply cannot make a statement like that, because each couple is different and there are different circumstances to each one.

Opposites attract also work in real life as well. I know several couples who you would never think they would have worked together and they are still going strong. Have children and everything. So if you find a couple with fiery passion is one dimensional, rather than Zoe and George who had all the same hobbies and interests, and when they spoke to each other, they agreed on everything together, and the sunshine and rainbows flew out of their nether regions, then that’s your right. But I’m just saying that is why the writers didn’t go in that direction. Because it’s boring. Maybe you thought Z/G was interesting, but they really weren’t. And even if they HAD put them together? They would have still had her and Wade get together at one point–and I think the writers would still come to the conclusion that Zoe/Wade was the more interesting couple. Zoe and Wade sniping at each other is the classic “hair pulling” tactic that even young kids use to show they like each other in grade school. If you don’t like it, that’s fine, but don’t act like Zoe/George was some great romance when all it ended up being was this way for George to abandon Lemon after so many years of dating, all for Zoe and him to not even end up together. If they were meant to be, if that was what the writers intended, they would have given them a shot. And they didn’t.
            And that? Speaks volumes to me.

• Dee says:

Wow, what a great reply!!! You hit it on the head. I so agree. I know many people, also, who are very different from one another and have great relationships and lives and kids. All of it. I am one of them. Do we agree all the time-No. Do we argue sometimes- who doesn’t. Would I want someone like me to be with-ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I want someone who can give a different spin on things and have a new idea about something. I want fire, passion, compassion, kindness… You get it. Anyway, thank you for putting it so eloquently. I don’t think Caro will ever understand; perhaps she is too afraid to think or live outside the box. Wade and Zoe is perfect and I can’t wait for season 4. I hope they still have obstacles–it will be fun watching them work through them to be together!

• Purdue75 says:

If you had watched the last 2 weeks you would know it is not likely George and Lemon will be together

• Fogh says:

I think it is very likely that they will go there. Did you not see the last 10 min of the episode where ZG agrees they don’t want “easy”, questioning why they both went to such lengths for the other person and then in the end we had GL and ZW scenes showing them with people that are “not easy”. How much more foreshadowing do you need?

• Purdue75 says:

I assume by GL you mean George Lemon scenes. Of course I watched it all and don’t agree at all it was foreshadowing but guess that doesn’t mean either of us wrong

• Fogh says:

So ignorant person – what’s up??.. The show wasn’t very entertaining with Joel around (the show just wasn’t the same because of the shift in focus) which meant that many people gave up on the show. IMO the shippers are those that actually still watched waiting for the writers to stop treading water. So it isn’t the shippers we need to watch again, it’s all the other people that was stopped watching due to the lack of entertainment.

It was also moved to Fridays which doesn’t help. Many people DVR shows on Friday night. HoD has between 100-150% increase in viewers after DVR is counted.

The show has been a lot better since Joel left. If people would just tune in and watch they would see that.

5. Eric says:

Hannibal has even doing pretty decently lately, as least compared to how it usually does. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t this be the third straight week of gains? Nice.

6. Mina says:

Noooo! There was finally, finally hope for zade last night.

7. Mark says:

A 0.2 and this is a show this site thinks it’s going to get renewed, please.(Hart of Dixie: Too early to tell A long-shot. A safe bet.) and this on a Friday with little or no competition. Yet shows on the CW are already on the scrap heap figuratively and they are holding there own on harder nights and keeping steady numbers. I use the following as examples Star Crossed & The Tomorrow People. I think its time to update this to very long shot. It was a good little show but its suffered to much without the Breeland sisters.

• Purdue75 says:

Lets just say this isn’t the only site. And hopefully it will get renewed. Maybe the CW gets that they screwed them taking it away from Monday, where it did as well if not better than what is there now.

• Brandy says:

HoD is cheap to make and a season away from syndication.CW exsist to syndicate its shows and syndication is a big money maker for networks.SC & TTP aren’t any better ratings in thier first season and HoD is in its third.TTP has lost half or more of its audience this season going from 0.9 to 0.3.SC premired extremely low even by cw standards.CW renrweed getting 0.2-0.4 in season three just like HoD.If either TTP or SC were in thier third season, they’d be renewed for syndication and closure too.

• Fogh says:

Well it is the show that is going to be renewed. The only question is how many episodes. Every site has it certain to be renewed.

• Elyse says:

It’s not just TVline. The cancel bear thinks HOD will be renewed because of syndication.

• One word: syndication.

8. MP says:

That’s too bad about Hart of Dixie. It used to be my favorite show because it was a charming escape every week. They really ran it into the ground. What a shame.

9. LB says:

Last night’s episode of Hart of Dixie was so cute! I hope that the numbers are down only because it’s Oaks/Derby weekend, and a lot of the travelers are HOD fans!

10. Ava says:

Hart of Dixie was great last night. I must admit the show is still finding its’ footing again. Destroying Zoe/Wade and AB/Lavon stole some of the shows charm. Lemon and George have chemistry. They need to start rebuilding relationships that work. Hopefully last night was the start of that with Lemon setting Wade straight re: Zoe and Zoe & George honestly discussing their feelings for Wade and Lemon. HOD is slowly returning to its’ last season glory.

• Bella says:

I couldn’t agree more, I really enjoyed this episode, the best of the season imo. A goat in a pram in an onesie that was funny. While I love Wade/Zoe, the last few weeks I’ve also really loved Lemon/George.

11. WTactualF says:

I always miss HOD on Friday nights, but catch up on Hulu. Do the ratings account for DVR and Hulu watchers?

12. Liza says:

I also always miss HoD on Friday nights, but watch it through Comcast On Demand whenever I get a chance. Weren’t the ratings over 1.0 million when it was on Mondays? Why does The CW even program new shows on Friday nights? They always tank!!! They should just show movies or something. I hope they renew HoD and put on another night!

• Caro says:

They put HOD on Friday nights because the show was already tanking! Why give a good slot to a show that no one watches? Better to stick it in the death slot!

13. Michael says:

HoD gave itself the kiss of death this season. I do not get the direction they decided to go in this season, they are struggling to get their footing back to the good days. A LOT of viewers said adios by Feb when the show was still not moving forward. Love the show, not a fan of this season and the writers should admit to their mistakes this season.

14. Purdue75 says:

Do all of HoD critics get that Lemon was pregnant for at least the first half of the year? Although show called Hart of Dixie she is likely the real star. I am sure the pregnancy put a wrench in plans

• Radha says:

Yeah but they KNEW she was pregnant and could have just written it into the story OR do like the writers did on NCIS: LA and film scenes in advance with Kensi so that while the actress was off having her baby, we never saw an episode without her. That was truly clever.

15. Riana says:

Even with cheap production costs, I don’t think you can justify renewing it. These are not the kinds of ratings you want during sweeps.

16. Rusty says:

I hope Unforgettable gets renewed. It is better now. Better writing, better performances.

• Stormy says:

ITA It was a really good episode last night. I love it when Poppy and Jane have a lot of scenes together.

17. Caro says:

I kept watching HOD with the hope that Zoe and George would FINALLY get a chance to be together! I gave up a few eps back and just started reading the recaps which showed that last night the show ended all hope for Zeorge without ever giving them a chance! I hope HOD is cancelled because it is no longer worth watching! I’ve already deleted it from my DVR and cancelled the series recording!

• Fogh says:

Sounds like you could use a hug.. :)

And maybe some antidepressants..

• Caro says:

I am just tired of showrunners who don’t care about the fans! HOD should not have spent years teasing the Zeorge relationship if we were never going to see them together! The Zeorge relationship would have been realistic and even if the show had ultimately gone in another direction there would have been some sort of payoff for the Zeorge fanbase – instead the Zeorge fanbase was completely ignored and disrespected so why should any of us support the show? SMASH did the same thing with Karen/Derek though I think that was horrible S2 showrunner Josh Safran – initial showrunner Theresa Rebeck probably would have given the fans what they wanted. Glee kept Finn and Rachel apart in S4 when fans wanted them together and ratings were dropping. ABC Soaps has shown Liz and Nikolas to be the number 1 couple for the last year and a half and yet the show still hasn’t put them together! There is a reason I prefer books to TV!

18. Caro says:

Also, I HATE Zade and I HATE the fact that Zoe is non-stop pathetic! Horrible showrunners on HOD but probably appropriate for the idiotic Zade shippers who actually believe that a redneck, immature bartender like Wade would change and end up with a sophisticated doctor like Zoe in real life!

19. Jo says:

I’m not surprise hawaii five-0 dropped this week. The previews were horrible who wanted to watch it. Even when I watched it I barely paid attention. But I’m sure next week will be better for the season finale.
    Blue bloods was great last night!

20. photography says:

the strobe light into it, and it can make a very bright flash.
    Sunglasses during winter sound a bit inappropriate,
    but the sun reflecting off a bright surface like
    the snow can cause a glare. The skills and the camera therefore
    form the heart of underwater image capturing.

21. Dee says:

After watching last night’s episode, I giggled at the final scene and then just sat back and said “FINALLY”. This is the HOD of old. If they had just started the road back a long time ago perhaps the ratings would not be in the toilet. Well, at least it is getting there. I am crossing my fingers.
    I love that they finally addressed the relationship and feelings of Zoe and George. They so obviously made better friends because there was never any romantic spark. Love Lemon and George together. I have always loved their chemistry and think they should be together. Love, of course, Wade and Zoe. Been waiting for a year for this to happen. Finally…. As for AB and Lavon, I never was that thrilled with their relationship. It was boring as far as I was concerned. But, I really don’t care if they get together.

I just hope that HOD is renewed for a fourth season. I am scared it won’t.

• Bear75 says:

I’ve gotta go with this ^
      Whilst the season has been all over the place with last week’s ep being just horrible – last night’s ep was great and looks set to put things back on track. Geoerge and Lemon have great chemistry, as do Zoe and Wade but I think Zoe and George proved why they’ve never been given a shot with last night’s really awkward kiss.
      The only relationship I didn’t care much for was Lavon and AB, so I loved the idea that AB had a secret admirer… only, he’s turned out to be a bit of a douche :(

22. abz says:

I was not too familiar with Hannibal prior to starting this show, but I feel very confused by what they’re doing to Will. At first, I was thinking that Will was getting close to Hannibal to once again try and take him down, but it’s starting to feel like he’s an entirely different character, like a Hannibal-in-training. I hope there is more to this because I don’t really know how I feel about this change.

• JM says:

I think your first instinct is correct. However, causing us to doubt that is part of the fun and brilliance of the show.

23. N says:

Go Hannibal!

24. sarah says:

I don’t think the kiss was awkward between Zeorge, but rather George was taken by surprised. I agree with Caro. I believe the show should’ve given Zeorge a chance in season two and broken them up by season 3 to have Zade or let Zeorge had a chance in season 3 if that’s “what the fans wanted”. I am re-watching the first season with my sister and this HoD is way different than the first season. I don’t understand people’s obsession with Zade. In the 2nd season they addressed that they have nothing to talk about. They never explained what exactly they do talk about even after that episode not to mention that Wade CHEATED. Relationships hardly ever work after someone has cheated and the fact that some people want Zoe to go back to him after that is incomprehensible to me.

• Dee says:

No they didn’t have to hit you in the face with what Zoe and Wade talked about because when they did show them, they talked about real things and advice the other needed. For instance when Zoe was upset about their fight in public–Wade read the stupid diary and gently talked to Zoe and led her to the answer at the end of it. When they were in bed one morning before George came over and Zoe was upset about Ruby, Wade tried to calm her down and let her know it is Levon’s choice and they should support him because he is their friend. They talk about important things, the things couples talk about—real things. Not what movies they do or don’t have in common, NY that they both love.Watching Zoe and George is like eating a cup of sugar straight. Yuck!!! Sickeningly sweet. You always need some acid to balance out the flavor of the sweetness—if you anything about cooking you will understand this analogy. Simply put they are BORING together, there is no fire or spark between them, just friendship. It has been obvious since day one.

25. sarah says:

Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods were both so good!

26. Laura C says:

Love Unforgettable, Blue Bloods and Shark Tank–great Friday night line-up in our house.