Once Upon a Time Photos: The Charming Baby Arrives, Plus Zelena and Glinda Meet Dorothy

The introduction of two children plays a big role in this Sunday’s Once Upon a Time, as evidenced by this flurry of fresh photos from the episode “Kansas.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on 22 Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

In Season 3’s penultimate episode (if we’re counting finale night as a two-hour closer), Mary Margaret goes into labor, prompting friends and family to endeavor to ensure that Zelena doesn’t steal her newborn baby — and thus enact her time-travel plan, jeopardizing the very existence of several people. Meanwhile, in Oz flashbacks, Glinda tries to convince Zelena to fight her evil tendencies, but the appearance of a young girl from Kansas — that would be Dorothy, played by Matreya Scarrwener — could turn out to be her undoing.

How exactly do you think Miss Gale will affect Zelena’s fate? And is a little dog, too, pinned under the wreckage there somewhere?

1. Toni says:

Testicles in picture 15? Am I crazy?

2. Meg says:

I’m hoping they’ll answer this, but if the only reason Wicked hates Dorothy is because she dropped a house on her sister, how are they going to tell that story now? I’m pretty sure Zelena wouldn’t care if a house landed on Regina.

3. Bear_75 says:

Man, I read that as a little dog POO pinned under the wreckage… Sheesh, I know they’re feuding but there’s no need for that! Fairytale land or no Fairytale land, Zelena (like myself) is flying the Union Jack – that would be terribly, terribly un-British :)

4. Gail says:

Dorothy is not wearing the silver slippers and no Toto, too! This appears to be a much different version of the story then we heard before.

I would guess that Dorothy Gale does something that spike’s the WW jealousy after Glinda initially teaches WW to focus her power and get over being green. WW is not fully green in these pictures which I think take place after she turned the Wizard into a flying monkey. I think WW went green, then not green, and finally green again. WW probably is the one who banished Glinda from OZ.

• Pearl says:

Well, if you look closely on the “well” scenes, there is a spot of green growing on WW.
      I think Glinda was helping her, and when Dorothy showed up, Glinda only helped Dorothy to come back home, and zelena was envious of the little girl, since she gets jealousy of anyone who gets some attention that “was supposed to be hers”. And that’s how she revisits the color.

• Gail says:

You are probably right about WW being jealous of Dorothy. Perhaps we will get an answer as to why no one has thought to pour water on the WW. Dorothy does this in the preview for next week’s show. If would be funny if WW just looks at her with an expression that says WTF!!

• dthomas74 says:

I believe that it has been said by the writers that they were basing the story more on Wicked than The Wizard of Oz. There are no ruby slippers in Wicked and there isn’t a dog either. Also the original story of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy’s shoes were silver.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Actually, they’ve said quite the opposite – more pulling from the L. Frank Baum novels versus the movie or Wicked.

• Sarah says:

In the L. Frank Baum books the shoes were silver. They changed them to ruby for the Wizard of Oz movie.

• Gail says:

They can’t take any story points that were created for novel or musical “Wicked” or the movie version of the “Wizard of Oz” since all are still protected by copyright. The original book however is in public domain. Therefore no ruby slippers and the trip to OZ is not a dream. Both ideas were from the 1939 movie.

• Sheila says:

Maybe she gets the shoes later? Just not in that scene?

5. K says:

Sunny Mabrey is amazing. I’m so happy she’s on this show!

6. Addie says:

You know, I saw a good point a few days ago- why isn’t Snow giving birth in her apartment that Regina protected? It’s not like she had a hospital birth the first time! But then we wouldn’t have the drama I guess. I really hope that Snow and Charming get the baby back quickly and it’s not returned to them years from now!

7. Name This Tune says:

Yes, it would be a real plot twist if the little Snowing is a boy.

8. Lolo says:

I think the well is a portal of sorts, and Dorothy’s arrival destroys it. So instead of killing Zelena’s sister, Dorothy kills the chances of Zelena getting revenge on her sister (through the portal to the Enchanted Forest). Any thoughts?

• Gail says:

Zelena has the Silver Slippers. She doesn’t need a portal to travel between worlds. Unless she somehow lost them between her first flashback and the second. She didn’t need them to go to Storybrooke since she was cursed like everyone else. So I guess we don’t know for sure where the Silver Slippers are at present. Perhaps Dorothy did get them in next week’s flashback.

9. Pat says:

I am getting heart palpitations, knowing that Zelena will be taking that baby. Was this the intention of the writer’s, because if it was they succeeded with one of the fans of this show. Also, just curious as to how Glinda is able to keep that outfit clean as she is walking through the mud? I am hoping with the finale coming, that the Charming’s will have their baby back in their arms and not leave me hanging all summer if this does not happen.

10. e says:

i just have to pop in because i rewatched the episode where bae died and i am sobbing like that new snow/charming baby. i think bae’s death got lost in translation during the will from the good wife death madness (it happened a week apart), but oh my goodness… the scene with emma and rumple just killed me. i wasn’t as affected the first time i watched, but re-bingewatching the episodes makes the season feel so much more cohesive and significant.

11. AnnieM says:

Matt, I always love your captions! :-D

12. click here says:

Thankfulness to my father who told me concerning this webpage, this webpage is in fact remarkable.