Exclusive

Exclusive CSI Spin-Off Sneak Peek: Patricia Arquette Knows How to Make an Entrance

CSI begins a new chapter Wednesday (CBS, 10/9c) when it introduces Patricia Arquette as Special Agent Avery Ryan, the main character of CSI‘s potential cyber crime-focused spin-off. And in TVLine’s exclusive first look, she proves she’s not to be trifled with.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

In the clip, Agent Ryan gets some attitude from an uppity FBI pilot, who clearly has no idea who he’s dealing with. It’s kind of like that scene in Legally Blonde where Elle Woods puts that snooty saleswoman in her place — only more badass.

“Grab my bags,” indeed.

Hit PLAY on the CSI clip below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the potential spin-off below.

_

Loading video...

1. nate says:

I CANT WAIT!!! I MISS HER ON MY TV…MEDIUM WAS THE SH*T

2. omar says:

I love her!

3. spindae2 says:

She is great so natural in every role she plays. I loved her n both Medium and B. Empire.

4. CBWBDK1 says:

This doesn’t make any sense whatsoever! First they cancel csi miami then they cancel csi new york and now they’re starting a new one? What idiot is in charge over there?

• nate says:

its called a backdoor pilot maybe you’ve heard of it

• K says:

If the ratings aren’t what they hoped then of course they’re going to cancel it. But if they feel that they can make a good idea stem from CSI then why not try it?

• David says:

The “idiot” in charge is the one with more business sense than you. Both Miami and New York were older shows and getting expensive. The increase in price coincided with a big decrease in ratings. A new show is relatively less expensive and has buzz surrounding it which means that it has a chance to capture an audience and perhaps grow over the next few years. Or to keep it simple Old shows losing audience and money. New show has a chance at grabbing audience and making money. It’s basic business 101.

• CBWBDK1 says:

Clearly you went to the same school as that idiot! Csi miami was much better than the Original. It’s good business to cancel the best one? The Original csi should have been cancelled when William Petersen left. When he left the show died. The Original show is in it’s 14th season. It’s good business to keep a bad show on the air for this long? Clearly you have no business sense whatsoever. Think next time before you insult someone who is clearly more intelligent than you!

• David says:

Clearly you didn’t go to business school at all. I’m not sure how I can make this any clearer for you so I’ll try to use small words. What you think about the quality of the show doesn’t matter. The network judges a show by the ratings it gets. The ratings were going down. Ratings are what get you money and if the ratings are decreasing (which they were) then you are going to start losing money. Maybe I’m no business expert like you but I sure as heck know that losing money is bad for business.

• CBWBDK1 says:

The ratings for the original csi have been declining for years and that show is still on the air.

• Judjiesnugs says:

It doesn’t matter……people watch the show…….I for one didn’t care for CSI- NY, CSI – Miami was ok until they started loosing their main stars. The origianl CSI had some hard luck with a few of the main stars leaving for whatever the reasons. It was in a slump but I think Ted Danson and the others have been able to turn it around. I saw the show with the N.O. play, and it could just work. I am not business savy, but I do understand what you are saying. I am not the smartest one around and I don’t claim to know it all, I just know what I like and I like CSI and am will to give the new one a shot. Can’t be any worse than some of the reality shows they have out there! Now THAT is some stupidness.

• TV Gord says:

The other two ran their course. This one has the potential to draw in CSI plus Medium fans. It seems pretty shrewd to me.

5. Jenna says:

Love Arquette and miss Medium. Just not a fan of CSI. But I’ll check it out for her.

6. Diz says:

Love CSI but she and the clip do nothing for me.

7. Pat says:

I like Patricia Arquette and yes I was a big fan of Medium. I am also a very big fan of CSI, so this should be interesting to see her on this show. Watching that small clip shows me one thing, she can hold her own in the male dominated FBI.

8. April says:

It’s kind of hard to make a proper judgment of a show based on a few seconds. I do like Patricia Arquett, however, and I like that they appear to be making her character tough and smart. I will definitely check this out.

9. bj says:

I love it! So happy to see Patricia Arquette again. And I love her character already. ( Can she bring the hottie with her? lol)

10. regina says:

I became a huge Patricia A fan watching Medium. I love her “I won’t take any sh*t from you attitude in the video”. I lost interest in the CSI’s a couple of years back, though I did stick with Miami to the end as it was my favorite. I like the concept of the Arquette show …. a technological forensics CSI …. all the tech forensics aspects are interesting to me so I’m looking forward to that. I like that it’s not just your basic CSI but in a different location. Hope it does well.

11. Chad says:

I can’t wait either. I love Patricia Arquette! I’ve missed her so much since ‘Medium’ went off the air! I’m glad I checked on this- wouldn’t want to miss her!

12. Emily says:

I gave up on CSI a few years back but this sounds interesting enough that I will check it out. I like Ms. Arquette and I hope it does well.

13. Maryann says:

Wow! I’ll watch,

14. diana says:

Just watched csi episode with Patricia Arquette and enjoyed the show. Fantastic topic (cyber crimes). She plays an interesting character and hope to see more episodes.

15. DGS says:

I think Patricia Arquette did a great job as a cyber cop. A Great character. The topic is current and fascinating and think would find a huge following. I hope it’s true that it will be a CSI spin off. And soon!

I also have to disagree on the CSI opinions…I still think the original is best. And altho’ Peterson was the quirky, genius heart of the show, I think Danson is doing a great job. The only time I didn’t watch it regularly was when Lawrence Fishburn was cast. He was awful in the part and I think that caused the most decline in audiences. I also liked CSI NY because of Gary Sinese. CSI Miami was the worst of them. David Caruso seems to only be able to play one, flat -affect character…it just continued from NYPD blue.

16. Pat says:

So glad to hear there is going to be a spin off of Patricia Arquette from CSI. She was excellent on that show. Can’t wait to see her in her own series again.

17. Carol says:

Love Agent Ryan! Want to see her in her new show!