Ratings: Once and Amazing Race Rise, Simpsons, Believe and The Mentalist Slip

Brown Eyed GirlsABC’s Once Upon a Time this Sunday drew 6.9 million total viewers and a 2.2 demo rating (per finals), rising 15 and 29 percent week-to-week.

Leading out of that, Resurrection‘s penultimate episode (7.5 mil/1.9) dipped two tenths, while Revenge (4.9 mil/1.3) held steady at a series low.

Over on CBS, The Amazing Race (8.6 mil/1.9) rose 12 percent and two tenths, The Good Wife was flat at 9.2 mil/1.3 and bubble drama The Mentalist (8.7 mil/1.2) fell two tenths, tying its series low.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps of Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Mad Men and Game of Thrones

Elsewhere….

FOX | Bob’s Burgers (2.4 mil/1.1) and American Dad (2.5 mil/1.2) were up versus their last fresh outings, The Simpsons (3.4 mil/1.5) dipped two tenths (to a series low for a regular time slot), and Family Guy (4 mil/2.1) and Cosmos (4 mil/1.4) were flat.

NBC | With NBA preeemptions factored out, Believe (4.9 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth, while and Crisis (4 mil/1.0) ticked up a tenth.

1. thatdude says:

I hope resurrection gets renewed

2. John Jacob says:

This latest episode of Resurrection was really good until the last 10 minutes for me. It got real corny when hundreds of people started returning. Makes the whole theme of “returning” seem so insignificant when it’s happening to literally hundreds of people. It was eye-roll worthy and I am a fan of the show bigtime.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Totally agree why all of a sudden? Where have all these people been? they dragged out the story of Caleb and Jacob and now throw in all these people returning the 2nd to last episode why couldn’t they have had that happen like two episodes ago also the character of the Sheriff is really annoying me

• Allen says:

It seemed to all happen after Rachel died a second time…perhaps that was a trigger of some kind

• thatdude says:

I think that is very important, yes alot of people returned last night but expected something big before the finale and we got it…i think Jacob is the leader maybe

3. Fernando says:

Oh revenge it’s so sad a show that once was so great is now sinking to the bottom of the sea.

• Marilee says:

Revenge was pretty good last night too!

• DL says:

I’m holding out hope that Revenge will have a fourth season to bring the episode count up to the ideal minimum for syndication. I was skeptical when Mike Kelley was replaced, but under Sunil Nayar the show is once again as scrumptious and Revenge-y as ever.

• Andrew says:

under Sunil Nayar the show is once again as scrumptious and Revenge-y as ever.

I completely disagree. The show has become a complete trainwreck. They altered part of Victoria’s backstory (They implied that she was molested and raped by her mother’s then-boyfriend, which led to Patrick, not “Jimmy Brennan”). Then, they decide to say that the mother Jack knew wasn’t his mother at all, just an adoptive one. None of those changes were necessary.

After that, it seemed like the show was headed in a Dallas-like direction (and it focused too much on Emily’s interactions with the Graysons and not her original plan…and her “takedowns” were pretty much non-existent)

On top that, they seem hellbent on keeping characters that a lot of people don’t like, such as Margaux (or “Marg-HO”), who had ZERO chemistry with Jack (yet they decided to drag that relationship on longer than they needed to). They’ve also come up with pointless characters like Javier (and now this Kurt Renner) that nobody cares about.

There’s so much more that hasn’t made sense, too, like that horrid “blackout” storyline. They said it was because of the trauma, then they hinted that she might be losing it like her mother did. But then, nope: It was all because of a repressed memory of her dad yelling at her. Utter nonsense.

All of the things above (and a lot that I don’t even want to mention) have made the show seem nothing but aimless.

It’s a sinking ship, and, if they don’t figure out what they want the show to be, people will continue to tune out. I’m three seasons in, so I’ll keep watching, but I want a little more direction next season – if it gets renewed.

4. Eric7740 says:

OUAT was amazing last night!!! This second half of the season has been on fire (except for that Hook centric episode, I could’ve done without that episode, it really hurt the 2nd half momentum!)

• Scott says:

Once seems to be treading water to keep the Wicked plot going to the season finale. The show is plodding its way through one significant step each week. Although I’m not a fan of “villain of the week” episodes I’m starting to think 11 episode story arcs are just too long unless there’s a ton of other plots running as well.

5. CBWBDK1 says:

No! The Mentalist needs to rise and keep rising until it gets renewed!!

6. Mark says:

Glad to see Crisis rising at last

7. Json says:

I’ve been enjoying Believe and Crisis way more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, while it’s nice to see their ratings up, I fear it’s too little, too late at this point.

8. Liz says:

Too bad about The Mentalist…it was really good last night.

• enri says:

Maybe it’ll adjust up. Last night’s The Mentalist was so good! Jane needs to man up and soon.

• @enri says:

I hope it does. Still the human trafficking case was interesting and sad and well done, and I agree, by the end of the final scene I was sad and also frustrated, thinking I wish Jane would just DO something. I get that he’s trying to do the right thing for her and that he believes her [ironically 'the mentalist' can see everything but the thing he wants most right in front of his face]. So, yeah, basically that was my dominant thought, ‘Do something, Jane.’ Action is needed.

• HAP says:

Was it just me, or did they leave a bunch of loose threads at the end, that did not appear to get resolved in the next episode as portrayed in the teaser?

9. katrina says:

Revenge was so good last night! I really hope it gets renewed! Best Ep. of the season for me!

10. DavidSask says:

Revenge being a soap where are its loyal viewers? It can’t have those numbers and expect to continue on people!!! It sounds like people are not liking the direction of Resurrection so therefore if things not explained viewers will flee!

11. debs says:

i understand and love about the mass wave of “returns” on resurrection – it seems like there has to be a reason for it (the mass wave of returns) …and caleb warned they would be coming…

for me, this show isn’t (so far) about religion, it’s an intriguing mystery, with great emotional drama, inherent …like, it was really profound to see, more of these characters “returned,” and, disoriented and/or helpless…the family that caleb helped, for me that was very emotional, and it was also very tense to see the chaos that began to unfold…

i am okay with the body of the show dealing with how the characters would react to all of this, But i do hope the show is able to continue on long enough that the writers can offer a (*quality, please? :)) explanation, and don’t have the fans invest x years of our lives like…”Lost,” and give us hardly any answers…

i also hope that – though some of these “returned” may be bad, that Jacob is good…he seems innocent and i DON’T want it to be a twist that he turns out to be bad – i also adore marty and i want to see him be a hero…i also want to see him get together with maggie! :)

12. herman1959 says:

I’m also enjoying the show and feel like the sudden return of so many is intriguing. I think the fact that we were only shown a few returnees initially was a plot device – the first returnees were intimately connected to the first characters we were introduced to which allowed us to care about what was happening. I also like the subtlety that the writers are using with the Marty/Maggie relationship. When Maggie called Marty to tell him that she was thinking about taking the NIH position in Maryland, it was obvious that she was asking him to give her a reason not to go, but she didn’t get it – very realistic!

• debs says:

@herman1959 hi :) i liked what u wrote :) and about marty, i think maybe he was trying to not hold maggie back, annnd i think he also felt a little hurt that she brought in that ‘outside’ guy (her former professor), and that they seem to have a past and there seems to be something between them…i hope they have that guy go off into the sunset very soon :) and because maggie’s mother is back, now there’s another reason she has to stay and stay on the show, yay :)

• herman1959 says:

Hi Debs; I can’t believe that the show is getting so good now that there are only 2 episodes left, they should have filmed 13.

• debs says:

hi @herman1959 :) i’m bummed too that it’s going to be off for a while (maybe, with only 8 episodes, abc was being cautious, in case the show would fail…remember “the river”? i think they only made 8 of those and, good thing they did, because it didn’t do so well), but…something to look forward to, i guess? :)
          and hopefully we’ll have lots of other good tv to watch meanwhile? is the summer session looking promising to u? what are some other shows u like? ttyl :)

13. Jennifer Crawford says: