What to Watch Sunday: John Oliver's New Show, Good Wife Scandal, Resurrection's Illin' and More

last-week-tonight-with-john-oliver-series-premiereOn TV this Sunday: We learn more about Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, The Good Wife finds skeletons in a closet, the Radio Disney Music Awards celebrate this year’s best tunes and Resurrection takes a turn for the worse. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time‘s Wicked Witch Warns Snow White, ‘Your Baby Will Be Mine’

8 pm Radio Disney Music Awards (Disney Channel) | Recognizing the biggest names in music, this year’s ceremony includes performers Ariana Grande, Austin Mahone and Fifth Harmony.

8:30 pm Family Guy (Fox) | Jerome forbids Chris to date his daughter, Pam (voiced by Keke Palmer, True Jackson, VP), forcing the kids to run away together.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

9 pm Game of Thrones (HBO) | Daenerys balances justice and mercy; Jaime tasks Brienne with his honor.

9 pm Nurse Jackie (Showtime) | Coop gets crushing news, and Carrie gets a lucky break. (Yet somehow, this still isn’t as vague as a Mad Men synopsis.)

9 pm Resurrection (ABC) | Tom leads the search for Rachael, and Arcadia is hit with an epidemic.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | In an episode directed by Josh Charles, Alicia becomes a witness when a body is discovered in the home of longtime client Colin Sweeney. Laura Benanti (Go On) guest-stars as Colin’s fiancée.

VIDEO | The Mentalist Sneak Peek: Is Jane Purposely Sabotaging Lisbon’s Date With Pike?
RELATED | Salem’s Janet Montgomery Is a TVLine Performer of the Week

10 pm Mad Men (AMC) | Don takes an unexpected trip. Betty dines with a friend.

10 pm Crisis (NBC) | Seizing their opportunity to speak directly to the kidnapper, Finley and Dunn become one of the parent missions.

10 pm Devious Maids (Lifetime) | Carmen feels threatened by someone from Alejandro’s past, and Zoila intervenes with Valentina’s job.

RELATEDKeep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!

11 pm Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO) | Series premiere: The former Daily Show correspondent presents a satirical look at the week in news, politics and current events. In his debut episode, Oliver sits down with four-star Army General/former NSA chief Keith Alexander.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Teag says:

Last Week Tonight, Mad Men, Resurrection, Cosmos, Silicon Valley and Veep.

Lost interest in Believe, Crisis and Turn.

2. Apples says:

Game of Thrones. Wonder what the fallout will be from the rape.

• Mike says:

not a rape.

• Apples says:

Looked like rape to me (I’ve read what the director said, still rape).

• bluefairy says:

It wasn’t supposed to be a rape, but unfortunately that’s how they portrayed it on the show. It sucks because they basically ruined Jaime’s character and they’re turning Cersei into a victim, which she doesn’t deserve. They obviously did it for the ratings and sadly it worked, but story-wise it makes no sense at all. Now I wonder how they’ll get Jaime back on the redemption path.

3. Isobel says:

GoT and Resurrection

4. CourtTV says:

GoT
    Record: Turn, Mad Men, Last Week, Veep

5. CourtTV says:

Revenge is new but no mention?

6. Shelia says:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the sawme comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

• rubytu says:

sometimes you might have to post with a fake email address to keep it from being totally filled with comments from this site. I know I do (usually)

7. bluefairy says:

*Another* body in Colin Sweeney’s house? :))) This is getting hilarious, that guy is like a dead people magnet :)))

• Bryce says:

That’s what I was thinking! He really is such a great character. Hopefully there’s no dead dog this time too.

8. Gwen says:

OUAT, Good wife, Drop Dead Diva

9. steven says:

I guess OUAT will still air against an awards show.

10. Lexy says:

OUaT and Revenge cause I want to be there when they jump the shark :P
    Will watch most of these afterwards anyway, Sunday is when most of the shows I watch air.

• e says:

unfortunately i think OUAT has already jumped shark, even though i am still tuning in.

i am currently rewatching OUAT on netflix for some background noise while i work this sunday, and i am at season 2 episode 11… i am kind of speechless to see how incredibly pointless and unmemorable the story had gotten in season two, because most everything that was introduced around that point is irrelevant now in the present story.

one thing of note is that captain hook was a TERRIBLE terrible person… so the fact that they keep trying to make HIM happen, trying to make him a worthy partner for emma having rewatched his introduction… it’s laughable. the intro of bae/neil (and he’s only appeared twice at this point in season two) was so much more charming and believable, but we know how that ended up.

this show had such great potential, and i am so disappointed to see where it’s landed now. i am enjoying rebecca mader as the wicked witch, but i fear they are too far gone to reboot the show with the spark it had in season 1.

• Lexy says:

Probably, with Pan being Rumple’s dad and all.
        I agree with you, Hook is absolutely horrible and if it weren’t for people drooling over his good(?) looks, he would be gone by now. It’s a joke of a character and I can’t stand seeing him and Emma together, he should’ve stayed just a villain. Neil was a decent character, but, yeah… They probably killed him off to make Hook fans happy because it certainly was not to “tell an emotional story”.
        Rebecca Mader is doing a fine job, but I’m willing to bet it will have a lousy ending. I wanted to see Wicked vs Evil, so far I’m seeing HOOK HOOK HOOK and Emma vs people’s common sense everywhere. Rumple’s role has been completely redundant in season 3B.
        I only enjoyed a few scenes that didn’t have the Wicked Witch so far and that’s Regina teaching Emma magic and Regina and Snow bonding. Henry also seems irrelevant, needless to mention Belle, whose job can be done by an extra. I mean, I get that Emma is the main one, but still…. So many opportunities wasted.
        Sorry for the long rant.

11. Tessa says:

Once Upon A Time
    Revenge

12. webly3 says:

OUaT
    Resurrection

13. Joey Padron says:

The Simpsons, Family Guy, Believe, Salem. DVR Mad Men watch after.

14. Brandy says:

OUAT,Drop Dead Diva,Deviuos Maids

15. Para says:

No love for amazing race??

16. thatdude says:

American dad family guy resurrection got

17. Chaosrainz says:

I hate Sundays! Thank goodness for DVRs and on demand.
    Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Bletchley Circle, GoT, TURN, Salem, Long Island Medium, Signed/Sealed/Delivered on Hallmark, Those Who Kill on LMN…it takes me till Wednesday to get caught up!

18. HAP says:

If there is anything good I can say about Time Warner Cable, it’s that they carry both the Eastern and Western feeds of HBO and Showtime. So, beginning at 7, I can catch Silicon Valley, Veep, Nurse Jackie and Californication, all in a row, and then catch The Good Wife and The Mentalist thereafter at their regular times on CBS. No DVR necessary.

19. Pat says:

I will be watching OUAT with great anticipation and I will DVR Resurrection and Salem.

20. Jana says:

Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey
    Game of Thrones
    Veep
    Last Week Tonight w/ John Oliver
    Once Upon a Time
    Mad Men

21. Faye says:

I am looking forward to John Oliver’s show tonight. He did a terrific job of filling in for Jon Stewart last year.

22. anne says:

the good wife is the only thing on this list worth watching, a show that loves it’s characters and treats them with respect

23. bella says:

Believe, the good wife, crisis and (vera from the uk)!

24. my best friend’s mother makes $71 an hour on the computer . She has been without a job for six months but last month her pay check was $13147 just working on the computer for a few hours. visit this site right here…………..
    W­­W­­W­.J­­O­B­S­3­3­3­­.­C­O­­M

25. JSintheStates says:

Message to HBO! Get on-board! You’ve got an HBO GO app on my iPad; you’ve got another HBO GO app on my AppleTV. And you want me to have a cable TV subscription??? What’s wrong with this picture?

My TV cable bill used to be about $60/mo including HBO and 463 sports channels. Surely, you’ll opt for 10% free and clear—say $6/mo? No? Well, I won’t go to 15%, but for full access (about 6M of us out there), I’ll throw in iTunes 30%, say, $8.57/mo, and we’ll call it even! Have we got a deal?

26. source says:

Howdy are using WordPress for your site platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you
    need any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be really
    appreciated!

27. Hey would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re
    utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say
    this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good hosting
    provider at a reasonable price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

28. By typing “boxes Chicago” into Google or any of the
    other search engines like Yahoo or Bing, you will find that there are a couple
    companies that makes crucial purchasing decisions of which boxes over
    the internet in Chicago is relevant. While most Android devices include Bluetooth, which will
    enable you to stream music from your Android device to any Bluetooth capable device, not all Android smartphone owners have
    the needed Bluetooth module on their home or car stereos. To alpha with, the camera on this Jiayu smartphone aloof has 3
    mega pixels, while this is a little short, the added appearance of the camera advice to accomplish up the
    aberration like the auto focus feature.